Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:05:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: People's vote  (Read 4065 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
People's vote
« on December 12, 2019, 10:44:51 pm by the vicar »
Is everyone ready for the peoples vote result tonight

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: People's vote
« Reply #1 on December 12, 2019, 10:47:18 pm by DonnyOsmond »
What?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 12, 2019, 10:49:02 pm by the vicar »
If it goes to the tories then the people have spoken

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 12, 2019, 10:49:46 pm by Alan Southstand »
I’ve voted for Sullivan!

;)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 12, 2019, 10:53:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »

This is the football section.

Have the people spoken that they are glad homeless number have increased? They're happy we have less police? Happy that we have children in poverty? Happy that we have thousands of food banks? Happy that NHS waiting times have increased by miles?

Brilliant. You're a shambles.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 13, 2019, 03:40:42 am by scawsby steve »

Have the people spoken that they are glad homeless number have increased? They're happy we have less police? Happy that we have children in poverty? Happy that we have thousands of food banks? Happy that NHS waiting times have increased by miles?

You've still not learned how to be magnanimous in defeat. Nobody on here has been sneering or gloating, or whining or moaning. It's all been reasoned debate about where Labour's gone wrong, and who the new leader should be.

All you've done is criticise people for using their democratic right to vote for who they want. You've not learned the lessons of the last 3 years, because that's the reason Labour have lost so heavily today.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 13, 2019, 06:59:57 am by DonnyOsmond »

You've still not learned how to be magnanimous in defeat. Nobody on here has been sneering or gloating, or whining or moaning. It's all been reasoned debate about where Labour's gone wrong, and who the new leader should be.

All you've done is criticise people for using their democratic right to vote for who they want. You've not learned the lessons of the last 3 years, because that's the reason Labour have lost so heavily today.

And nobody can still address any of my points.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 13, 2019, 07:48:54 am by pib »

I think part of the reason Labour (and the left) is doing so badly is because of this attitude that the rest of the country is a bunch of thicko’s that just won’t listen.

I don’t like the election result (far from it) but you have to accept that Labour have been badly outmanoeuvred and failed to appeal even to areas that have traditionally voted for them.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 13, 2019, 07:56:56 am by DonnyOsmond »

I think part of the reason Labour (and the left) is doing so badly is because of this attitude that the rest of the country is a bunch of thicko’s that just won’t listen.

I don’t like the election result (far from it) but you have to accept that Labour have been badly outmanoeuvred and failed to appeal even to areas that have traditionally voted for them.

Thing is it's not entirely about Labour losing. It's about the majority of the country voting for more of the last 9 years, more of that list of effects of a Tory leadership that I mentioned above.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 13, 2019, 08:09:35 am by pib »

Thing is it's not entirely about Labour losing. It's about the majority of the country voting for more of the last 9 years, more of that list of effects of a Tory leadership that I mentioned above.

I don’t disagree with you, I’m the furthest thing from a Tory supporter, but I think you have to accept that it’s largely come down to Brexit and people who are jaded and tired with it have favoured the Tories’ stance.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 13, 2019, 08:11:52 am by SydneyRover »

pib, If you are interpreting DO's assessment as calling the rest of the nation as thicko's then surely your assessment of the labour party can be interpreted as calling them thicko's that just wouldn't listen to you, no?

We've all seen the trash talk about Diane Abbott which was called out as racism not so long ago and the hate aimed at Gina Miller by some which was represhesible this was not coming from the left nor was the personal attacks on Corbyn.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 13, 2019, 08:14:59 am by Filo »
The Brexit Party has killed the Labour vote in the North

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 13, 2019, 08:18:14 am by DonnyOsmond »

I don’t disagree with you, I’m the furthest thing from a Tory supporter, but I think you have to accept that it’s largely come down to Brexit and people who are jaded and tired with it have favoured the Tories’ stance.

I do agree. Personally, I just look at it as what does society need most and that's less food banks, homelessness, etc. I feel like people have rejected that and I've been left feeling gutted. I'm not that tribal to care about one party winning or losing, more about society.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 13, 2019, 08:20:50 am by glosterred »

Laughable, everybody’s/anybody’s fault except their own!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 13, 2019, 08:24:38 am by Filo »

You’ve mis read that, I’m stating a fact it’s there in the figures, without the Brexit Party Labour would have still lost but the Tory majority would have been much much smaller

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 13, 2019, 08:30:23 am by IDM »

Eh.?

Regardless of the result it would ALWAYS be a people’s vote.!

Ok looking at the numbers..

Compare the number of people actually voting Tory to the size of the electorate.  Less than 30% voted Tory yet they have a huge majority in Parliament..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 13, 2019, 08:43:21 am by IDM »
IMHO the Tories won simply because Labour lost..

Labour -7.8%
Tories +1.2%

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 13, 2019, 08:57:09 am by wilts rover »
Well done to the Tories.

It just goes to show that cheats and liars - and people with no plan - do win. Like Brexit I do somehow doubt that what you think you have voted for is what you will have actually voted for.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 13, 2019, 09:12:46 am by IDM »
The Tories have gone from a minority government to a majority of 70+ seats but with a vote gain of only 1.2%

If they make a hash of Brexit and of running the country in the next few years, it won’t take much of a change for them to be out again..

Mind you, Labour needs a credible leader.!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 13, 2019, 09:25:12 am by Campsall rover »

Bang on glosterred.  Some of the posts on here are unbelievable. 
Not surprising Labour got hammered is it.

They just don’t seem to understand the British public don’t want Corbynism. It’s not just Brexit where they lost this election. If that’s what they think then they are in for another hammering in 2024

The Leopard needs to change its spots.  :that:

The Year is 2019  and the country has moved on from 1970’s Britain.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 09:43:19 am by Campsall rover »

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 13, 2019, 09:33:44 am by Herbert Anchovy »

Bang on glosterred.  The posts on here are unbelievable.  Not surprising Labour got hammered is it.

They just don’t seem to understand the British public don’t want Corbynism. It’s not just Brexit where they lost this election. If that’s what they think then they are in for another hammering in 2024

Of course Labour has to take responsibility. However the Brexit Party have had a huge affect on the vote by withdrawing candidates in specific areas. The point is that the Tories are now representing towns that their party have decimated over the years. The people who will suffer the most are those who’ve given the Tories a majority.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 13, 2019, 09:47:14 am by Metalmicky »

Bang on glosterred.  The posts on here are unbelievable.  Not surprising Labour got hammered is it.

Of course Labour has to take responsibility. However the Brexit Party have had a huge affect on the vote by withdrawing candidates in specific areas. The point is that the Tories are now representing towns that their party have decimated over the years. The people who will suffer the most are those who’ve given the Tories a majority.

So, what you're saying is that it was the Brexit Party - who actually won no seats at all - who were responsible for this Labour defeat....   TBH, if Labour's message was so good surely they should/would have won the seats regardless of who the opposition was....  Also, why do you keep suggesting that it is 'the people who will suffer' etc etc........... at the end of the day the same 'people' voted for the Tories over Labour. 

Perhaps you should take the defeat in good grace and look to within the Labour party for answers - not to folk who chose not to vote for them....

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 13, 2019, 10:02:51 am by pib »

pib, If you are interpreting DO's assessment as calling the rest of the nation as thicko's then surely your assessment of the labour party can be interpreted as calling them thicko's that just wouldn't listen to you, no?

We've all seen the trash talk about Diane Abbott which was called out as racism not so long ago and the hate aimed at Gina Miller by some which was represhesible this was not coming from the left nor was the personal attacks on Corbyn.

I'm not sure how you get to that conclusion Sydney and don't really understand your point. Labour's policies didn't get enough support and you have to accept that, that's what I'm saying, not that there are "right" and "wrong" policies and they insulted the electorate's intelligence with their manifesto.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 13, 2019, 10:16:51 am by Herbert Anchovy »

So, what you're saying is that it was the Brexit Party - who actually won no seats at all - who were responsible for this Labour defeat....   TBH, if Labour's message was so good surely they should/would have won the seats regardless of who the opposition was....  Also, why do you keep suggesting that it is 'the people who will suffer' etc etc........... at the end of the day the same 'people' voted for the Tories over Labour. 

Perhaps you should take the defeat in good grace and look to within the Labour party for answers - not to folk who chose not to vote for them....

MM
You’re misrepresenting what I’m saying. The point I’m making is that by removing candidates in certain constituencies, the Brexit Party ensures that all Brexit supporting voters would have voted for the Tories rather than splitting the vote. That’s it.

Why I keep saying that people in the constituencies in the north who’ve switched to the Tories will suffer is because it’s true! The Tory policy of austerity has meant deep cuts to public services and many of these towns in the north have a very significant reliance on these services. If they continue to be cut them it is obvious the suffering will continue. Surely it’s not that hard for you to understand is it?

Finally, of course the ultimate responsibility lies with the Labour Party who’ve failed miserably to convince voters to support them. It’s just ironic that the party that they’ve moved on to is the party that’s going to screw them over.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 13, 2019, 10:22:54 am by Metalmicky »

MM
You’re misrepresenting what I’m saying. The point I’m making is that by removing candidates in certain constituencies, the Brexit Party ensures that all Brexit supporting voters would have voted for the Tories rather than splitting the vote. That’s it.

Why I keep saying that people in the constituencies in the north who’ve switched to the Tories will suffer is because it’s true! The Tory policy of austerity has meant deep cuts to public services and many of these towns in the north have a very significant reliance on these services. If they continue to be cut them it is obvious the suffering will continue. Surely it’s not that hard for you to understand is it?

Finally, of course the ultimate responsibility lies with the Labour Party who’ve failed miserably to convince voters to support them. It’s just ironic that the party that they’ve moved on to is the party that’s going to screw them over.

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more condescending you exceed yourself........ I'll leave you to wallow in your misery.....

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 13, 2019, 10:25:36 am by DonnyOsmond »
*sigh*

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 13, 2019, 10:26:51 am by Herbert Anchovy »

MM

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more condescending you exceed yourself........ I'll leave you to wallow in your misery.....

Not condescending MM just struggling to work out how to get you to understand what is a fairly basic point.  Maybe I could draw some pictures for you to help? No misery from me btw, I’m ok thanks. It’s the people who are affected by austerity that will suffer.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 13, 2019, 10:39:04 am by Metalmicky »

MM

Not condescending MM just struggling to work out how to get you to understand what is a fairly basic point.  Maybe I could draw some pictures for you to help? No misery from me btw, I’m ok thanks. It’s the people who are affected by austerity that will suffer.

Of course you're not condescending - I was mixing it up with bitter..... Unfortunately you do realise you've got at least another 5 years to pander your message..... so perhaps have a day off today.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 13, 2019, 10:45:54 am by DonnyOsmond »
HA - They don't care about the numbers of homelessness, child poverty, food banks, NHS waiting times going up sky high over the last 9 years. They just think we're all bitter and the people who have just been elected won't enact more of the last 9 years. Who cares about society?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 13, 2019, 11:18:13 am by glosterred »
What people are failing to grasp is that if the Labour Party politicians who vote for article 50 had kept to their promise and seen Brexit enabled and we had left the EU then there would be no Brexit party to split the vote.

If the Labour Party hadn’t gone back on its promise to respect the vote to leave none of this would have happened

If the Labour Party hadn’t during the campaign appeared on TV to say if they’re elected they would go to Brussels and get a new deal and then campaign against it, none of this would have happened.

If the leader of the Labour Party hadn’t got splinters in his arse sitting on the fence to which way he would vote for the deal, then maybe none of this would have happened

If the voters had trusted them on all their other policies this would not have happened

It would seem that the voters did not trust the Labour Party

TinyPortal © 2005-2012