Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:41:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: AFC V TLOD  (Read 10023 times)

glosterred

• VSC Member
AFC V TLOD
« on December 14, 2019, 02:03:16 pm by glosterred »
Today’s team

COYR

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

goalkick

• Forum Member
Re: AFC V TLOD
« Reply #1 on December 14, 2019, 02:07:03 pm by goalkick »
Bingham.cannot begin to think of what to say.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 14, 2019, 02:07:29 pm by eastender »
Ennis and Taylor on bench , i hope the games not gone before they come on.

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 14, 2019, 02:12:39 pm by wabtec »
Bingham and Thomas in the same team,Bingham and Thomas at our club you are correct there is no words,we may as well sign Jeremy Corbyn now he has more spare time.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 14, 2019, 02:15:23 pm by RoversAlias »
Hope they surprise us but yes, I'm a bit concerned in Darren's unwavering faith in these two as they haven't offered the team nearly as much as he seems to think they have.

DRFC_TID_93

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 14, 2019, 02:15:30 pm by DRFC_TID_93 »
Old fashioned 442? Could catch Wimbledon off guard if so, get Sads and Copps up supporting the 2 big lads and we could have goals in this

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 14, 2019, 02:16:28 pm by dknward2 »
Bingham out wide ? god help the defender in front of him
Hope Daniels can keep up from last week clean sheet an absolute must.

Glad to see Ennis and Taylor on the bench hopefully come on 2nd half with the AFC defenders tiring.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 14, 2019, 02:16:37 pm by glosterred »
Bingham and Thomas in the same team,Bingham and Thomas at our club you are correct there is no words,we may as well sign Jeremy Corbyn now he has more spare time.

Hearing this Corbyn Guy use to be good wide left

COYR

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 14, 2019, 02:25:40 pm by dknward2 »
Old fashioned 442? Could catch Wimbledon off guard if so, get Sads and Copps up supporting the 2 big lads and we could have goals in this

Good shout Bingham and Thomas have someone to head the ball to rather than middle of nowhere

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 14, 2019, 02:26:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Come on guys, use your loaf. Taylor and Ennis are back from injury. It shouldn't be a surprise that they're not thrown straight back in. I'm sure they'll get on at some point.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 14, 2019, 02:28:16 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Hearing this Corbyn Guy use to be good wide left

COYR
he must have "scored"  a few times in South America  "probably a good ball player"

"At around the age of 19 he spent two years doing Voluntary Service Overseas in Jamaica as a youth worker and geography teacher.[26][27] He subsequently travelled through Latin America in 1969 and 1970, visiting Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Chile. Whilst in Brazil he participated in a student demonstration in São Paulo against the Brazilian military government. He also attended a May Day march in Santiago, where the atmosphere around Salvador Allende's Popular Unity alliance which swept to power in the Chilean elections of 1970 made an impression on him: " noticed something very different from anything I had experienced."

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 14, 2019, 02:29:14 pm by IDM »

Of course there are words!!!

“Come on you reds” for a start.!

Clearly DM doesn’t want to risk Taylor and Ennis with 90 minutes today so he goes with what he has got..

30 minutes to kick off, time to support the lads eh.?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 14, 2019, 02:29:51 pm by dickos1 »
Not sure that’s the problem though
Thomas and Bingham both starting is the problem

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 14, 2019, 02:33:37 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Bingham is supposed to be really fast - i haven't seen any comments on here since he signed about his speed so hopefully todays the the day. we know his finishing is Rhubarb (hence he takes some stick)  :thumbdown:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 14, 2019, 02:34:40 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Cue the old knock down and volley into the onion bag!

We can dream can't we!?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 14, 2019, 02:35:13 pm by IDM »
Bingham is supposed to be really fast - i haven't seen any comments on here since he signed about his speed so hopefully todays the the day. we know his finishing is Rhubarb (hence he takes some stick)  :thumbdown:

You didn’t see the goal in the cup replay vs Wimbledon then.?

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 14, 2019, 02:37:43 pm by goalkick »
I sincerely apologise for having an opinion.i was lost for words at  Bingham being up front after last weeks performance.could be wrong maybe he was very good.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 14, 2019, 02:38:03 pm by RoversAlias »
Just a heads up for my Match Preview ahead of this one:

https://www.intotheemptynet.com/post/iten-match-preview-wimbledon-a

Personally I've no qualms with Taylor and Ennis only being fit for the bench, that's fine, but I'm surprised May was dropped as he certainly didn't play any worse than Bingham last Saturday. Far from it in fact, and he came a lot closer to scoring than Bingham did at any stage.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 14, 2019, 02:43:55 pm by IDM »
I would agree that with a fully fit squad both Bingham and Thomas would be unlikely to start.  But with the injuries that’s what we’ve got..  having opinions that those players aren’t the standard we should have, is all well and good, but this is the matchday thread - can we support the team as picked, and follow the game on here.?

Criticise all you want afterwards if necessary, but we all want them to do well, don’t we.?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 14, 2019, 02:51:34 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

You didn’t see the goal in the cup replay vs Wimbledon then.?

thanks no i didn't actually   :headbang: nice to know he's still got it

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 14, 2019, 02:56:24 pm by IDM »
No worries CLH - the clip is probably still on the BBC’s fa cup web page..  a move starting with is playing out from the back, too..

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 14, 2019, 02:57:12 pm by RoversAlias »
I would agree that with a fully fit squad both Bingham and Thomas would be unlikely to start.  But with the injuries that’s what we’ve got..  having opinions that those players aren’t the standard we should have, is all well and good, but this is the matchday thread - can we support the team as picked, and follow the game on here.?

Criticise all you want afterwards if necessary, but we all want them to do well, don’t we.?

As I stated though, what about May? It isn't as if we had to start both Bingham and Thomas last weekend, and Bingham, who did start, played pretty poorly by the view of most fans. I hope they both prove us wrong today and we win 2-0 with them both scoring, but it does feel a bit of a strange choice considering there are other options, albeit limited ones.

Nobody on this thread has gone over the top or moaned for the sake of it, just expressed their view that the line-up isn't what they'd like to see. As 3 o'clock rolls round I'm sure we'll all be right behind the team and willing everyone on to get the win.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 14, 2019, 02:58:20 pm by goalkick »
I again apologise for upsetting you.i only mentioned my surprise at Bingham being picked did not realise it was wrong to say that.i don't like causing problems.shant bother in future.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 14, 2019, 03:00:21 pm by goalkick »
Just to add I hope the lad scores a hat trick :bbscarf:

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 14, 2019, 03:04:25 pm by Barmby Rover »
…"as we were mentioning earlier" I Follow. No you didn't! You didn't switch on till kick off you idiot!!!!!!

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 14, 2019, 03:04:32 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
when was the last time rovers scored early ?

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 14, 2019, 03:07:42 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

What do you define as early, CLH? 🙂

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 14, 2019, 03:08:20 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
15 mins will do  something to hang on to

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 14, 2019, 03:08:39 pm by RoversAlias »

Looks like Lincoln way back in August, Ennis scored after 13 minutes. Quite concerning that.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 14, 2019, 03:09:30 pm by IDM »
When you say “cannot begin what to say” that was what I though does warrant an answer..  it’s fair enough if you don’t think he should be playing, but at the moment, who else.?

Yes he had a crap game last weekend, but then again so did Sheaf..  I could understand more your concerns if Bingham was being select ton form over Ennis and Taylor if those two were fit..

As for the other question about May, perhaps DM perceives him as a different type of player and called this selection to suit this game.?

I wouldn’t have been surprised either way..

Sorry if I’m coming across as over critical of anyone’s opinion, I just think that this is more of a thread for showing support..
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 03:12:44 pm by IDM »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012