Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:12:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Who was your man of the match v Accrington Stanley?

Dieng
7 (6.7%)
Halliday
4 (3.8%)
Anderson
15 (14.3%)
John
9 (8.6%)
James
1 (1%)
Sheaf
1 (1%)
Gomes
24 (22.9%)
Taylor
25 (23.8%)
Coppinger
14 (13.3%)
Sadlier
0 (0%)
Thomas
1 (1%)
Wright
1 (1%)
Bingham
2 (1.9%)
Ennis
1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: December 24, 2019, 11:04:58 pm

Author Topic: Accrington MOM  (Read 4564 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Accrington MOM
« on December 21, 2019, 11:04:58 pm by bobjimwilly »
Voting closes on Tuesday  :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Reesielad

• Forum Member
Re: Accrington MOM
« Reply #1 on December 21, 2019, 11:22:13 pm by Reesielad »
Dieng

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 22, 2019, 12:53:32 am by karldew »
I’ve gone Copps. Think if he wasn’t subbed off it would of been 3 points today, even though the team performance was poor all round.

Taylor’s goal masked a pretty poor performance I thought.

Dieng made a few good saves and probably would be my second choice MOTM. Only moan would be to wait for a possible injured player to get back up before restarting play...

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 22, 2019, 01:13:22 am by elmsallrover »
Copps was terrible no where near his normal standards

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 22, 2019, 08:16:28 am by Campsall rover »
Can’t believe Gomes has 9 votes. He was totally non existent 1st half along with Thomas. We were playing with 9 men imo.
He did improve 2nd half but my MOM again was Cameron John. Different class.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 22, 2019, 08:35:38 am by roversam »
Copps played well and it was him who put the brilliant through ball to Taylor to score, apart from that he was terrible 🙃

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 22, 2019, 08:41:09 am by since-1969 »
How can Jon Taylor NOT win this hands down . He scores in a game where we created few chances . I think it’s about time we praised scoring not bad the passing of others .

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 22, 2019, 08:54:55 am by Colin C No.3 »
I wish we’d had 10 Coppinger’s out there yesterday. He was the only creative midfielder we had. Why he was substituted was as baffling to me as the referees performance.

The run by Gomes 2nd half where he tried to confuse the defender by stepping a number of times over the ball before presumably trying to cross it, only to run it out of play for a goal kick summed up his contribution to the proceedings for me, laughable.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 22, 2019, 09:12:18 am by Rovers91 »
Gomes getting a bit of stick but he played better than Sheaf.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 22, 2019, 09:37:04 am by Colin C No.3 »
Yet to see a performance by Gomes that makes me think he warrants a shirt.

Sheaf, without Whiteman by his side yesterday, showed naivety, poor passing, poor decision making, lack of vision. We need better.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 22, 2019, 09:57:40 am by roversdude »
Well I’ve thrown another vote in for Gomes didn’t do much first half but I thought he had a great second half.
Football game of opinions

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 22, 2019, 11:12:36 am by Scooter »
I’ve gone Anderson but I thought Gomes did ok

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 22, 2019, 12:09:04 pm by RoversAlias »
We would not have scored without Gomes. He won the ball and brought it out of a defensive situation where we were struggling to get hold of it, fed Coppinger who put the ball through to Taylor.

Gomes improved in the second half after a mixed first half, and does merit the votes I reckon although I voted for Taylor.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 22, 2019, 12:55:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I went for Gomes due to his overall performance was good. He played with discipline and covered quite alot of ground. He kept things fairly simple which is what we needed. Crucially he won two big tackles which led to the goal. Taylor had the easy bit of finishing the move.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 22, 2019, 02:11:25 pm by Campsall rover »
I went for Gomes due to his overall performance was good. He played with discipline and covered quite alot of ground. He kept things fairly simple which is what we needed. Crucially he won two big tackles which led to the goal. Taylor had the easy bit of finishing the move.
Please tell me what Gomes did in the 1st half DBR. Yes he improved 2nd half & got that brilliant tackle in to give the ball to Copps who set up Taylor for his goal. Apart from simple square or backward passes, he never made a run forwards beyond the opposition midfield once. Yes probably playing to instructions but i don’t understand it when Sheaf is the other midfielder as he plays the defensive midfield role and we need the other centre midfielder to be much more adventurous. Gomes has the game in him to do that imo.

Looks as though Cameron John’s assured mature display at the back went almost unnoticed as only 4 votes so far for MOM.
Apart from Copps he is so far superior as a footballer than any of our other outfield players.
He is on another level similar to Ian Snodin was when he played for us in this league.
The lad is destined for the very top. Based on his age he is the best defender i have ever seen play for DRFC.

He will be far better than Wheater, who i thought was destined for the premier league when he played for us as a 20 yr old and he will go much further than Moore, Mills, Shackell, etc, etc, etc.

Thought he was outstanding yesterday as he has been in pretty much every game he has played for us.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 22, 2019, 02:27:58 pm by NewDonny »
I voted for Dieng if just for that 80+ minute save he made, I was right behind the AS player as he struck it and it was going top left hand corner which you don't get to see on the highlights, interesting that the commentator gave Copps credit for other players contributions throughout the game, maybe both the ref and the commentator need to go to specsavers lol.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 22, 2019, 05:33:16 pm by drfchound »

It is never easy finishing off a chance like that.
More players miss those than score them.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 22, 2019, 05:39:12 pm by Campsall rover »

Agreed that was a clinical finish. Not easy at all.
Just wish he could be consistently clinical as he does miss a high percentage of chances.

It is never easy finishing off a chance like that.
More players miss those than score them.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 22, 2019, 10:24:43 pm by Campsall rover »
Any prizes going for a correct guess at the two people who gave Bingham MOM

Think he may possibly have touched the ball twice coming on late in the 2nd half.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 22, 2019, 11:18:20 pm by RoversAlias »
Bingham made a great clearing header in front of goal late on, easily cleared the bar by yards.

Oh hang on, he was trying to score.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 22, 2019, 11:23:41 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I went for Gomez as well. I thought he did well yesterday.
I thought Coppinger was way below his best and wasn't surprised when he came off.
For my money, Sheaf gets worse very time I see him play

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 23, 2019, 09:19:26 am by i_ateallthepies »
Copps played well and it was him who put the brilliant through ball to Taylor to score, apart from that he was terrible 🙃

Did you not see the sublime chip in the first half to put Tom Anderson in with only the keeper to beat?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 23, 2019, 04:23:51 pm by drfchound »
That was a great pass pies.
Sadly Tom was offside.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012