Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:44:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Scandal  (Read 3142 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Scandal
« on December 24, 2019, 03:06:26 pm by scawsby steve »
I phoned the ticket office up earlier and was told all tickets for Thursday's  game have been returned to Posh, and I'll have to pay at the ground.

When I asked about the price I nearly hit the floor. £21 is the normal price they charge for seniors, which is a scandal in itself, but as I'm paying on the day it's £23, which is a f*cking disgrace.

I detest that arrogant money grabbing club and it's pompous chairman, and I sincerely hope we give them a dicking on Thursday.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 03:30:22 pm by scawsby steve »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spud

• VSC Member
Re: Scandal
« Reply #1 on December 24, 2019, 03:18:14 pm by Spud »
As long as we don't burn ourselves out, we've gotta play em at footy the day after 😁

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 24, 2019, 03:28:17 pm by scawsby steve »
As long as we don't burn ourselves out, we've gotta play em at footy the day after 😁

Somebody kick my arse before I make the edits.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 24, 2019, 03:33:20 pm by Metalmicky »
I phoned the ticket office up earlier and was told all tickets for Thursday's  game have been returned to Posh, and I'll have to pay at the ground.

When I asked about the price I nearly hit the floor. £21 is the normal price they charge for seniors, which is a scandal in itself, but as I'm paying on the day it's £23, which is a f*cking disgrace.

I detest that arrogant money grabbing club and it's pompous chairman, and I sincerely hope we give them a dicking on Thursday.

Not sure about a f*cking disgrace.... Tickets would need to be returned at some stage - and as tomorrow is Christmas day, when would you suggest they do it....?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 24, 2019, 03:36:03 pm by scawsby steve »

Not sure about a f*cking disgrace.... Tickets would need to be returned at some stage - and as tomorrow is Christmas day, when would you suggest they do it....?

I'm not criticising us Micky, I'm criticising them; for the pricing.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 24, 2019, 03:40:15 pm by since-1969 »
It’s pity I didn’t post on here,  but I had to return mine today due to bereavement and they refunded me , i had said that they could give it away it was Senior . 

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 24, 2019, 03:44:25 pm by scawsby steve »
It’s pity I didn’t post on here,  but I had to return mine today due to bereavement and they refunded me , i had said that they could give it away it was Senior .

Thanks for the thought mate, and I'm sorry to hear of your bereavement.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 24, 2019, 04:51:13 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Always been a rip off. It reflects in their crowds every week. They get less than us.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 24, 2019, 05:03:12 pm by Campsall rover »
Always been a rip off. It reflects in their crowds every week. They get less than us.
You just beat me to it Padge.
Even though they are at the top end of the league their gates are a reflection of their exorbitant pricing structure. Been the same for several seasons now.
This seasons ave is 500 below ours and they have had two big away followings from Sunderland and Ipswich included.
My Maths says that this policy is costing them money and also an enhanced atmosphere in the ground.

Well i have said many times what i think about McAnthony.
So for those that don’t know there are no prizes for guessing.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 05:08:06 pm by Campsall rover »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 24, 2019, 05:43:53 pm by Donnywolf »
..... and just when you thought it couldnt get worse - here I come with my perpetual gripe

If you are a Rovers Fan aged 64 and 364 days you have to pay full price at The Posh on Boxing Day

If you were a Posh fan earlier this Season and you were aged 60 and a day you would have got the Ticket at our concessionary rate as you will next Season  :evil: :evil: :evil:

If you are 69 in Feb 2020 however you wont (mostly) give a f*** but amazingly I still DO on behalf of my Rovers brethren

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 24, 2019, 06:41:20 pm by silent majority »
They seem to have gone down hill, in the fan experience stakes, quite fast.

With the old terrace for away fans they charged very little, something like £14 or £15 seems to ring a bell.

And they were very big supporters of the 'Safe Standing' campaign for a while, we even did a promotional video which was filmed in their stadium and included the Chairman and their mascot. Seems they have forgotten all that.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 24, 2019, 06:53:29 pm by Filo »
..... and just when you thought it couldnt get worse - here I come with my perpetual gripe

If you are a Rovers Fan aged 64 and 364 days you have to pay full price at The Posh on Boxing Day

If you were a Posh fan earlier this Season and you were aged 60 and a day you would have got the Ticket at our concessionary rate as you will next Season  :evil: :evil: :evil:

If you are 69 in Feb 2020 however you wont (mostly) give a f*** but amazingly I still DO on behalf of my Rovers brethren

I will probably get stung by our club like that, my Birthday is 6th August, the League programme usually starts on that weekend of my Birthday, our concessions start at 60, I will be 60 on 6th August 2023 which is a Sunday. As I understand it you have to be 60 before the first game of the season to claim concession on your season ticket, the first game of the season will be a day before I’m 60

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 24, 2019, 07:37:06 pm by Spud »
Even though they are at the top end of the league their gates are a reflection of their exorbitant pricing structure. Been the same for several seasons now.
This seasons ave is 500 below ours and they have had two big away followings from Sunderland and Ipswich included.
My Maths says that this policy is costing them money and also an enhanced atmosphere in the ground.

Fingers crossed McAnthony can inspire Sadlier back into form again.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 26, 2019, 07:51:41 pm by Spud »

Can we play em every week? :-D

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 26, 2019, 08:11:09 pm by Jimmydee »
Scawsby Steve, did you get your moneys worth today?
I did.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 26, 2019, 08:25:08 pm by Campsall rover »

Answer to that is YES.
Although Ennis playing made a massive difference to Sadlier today.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 26, 2019, 09:26:08 pm by scawsby steve »
Scawsby Steve, did you get your moneys worth today?
I did.

Yes Jimmy, but that was down to our superb performance.

The away section of the ground is a sh*thole, and they dare to charge exorbitant prices for it. They got what they deserve today.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012