Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 08:09:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Toney’s elbow  (Read 3667 times)

CJK

• Forum Member
Toney’s elbow
« on December 26, 2019, 09:04:35 pm by CJK »
Go on then, if the ref has seen it, which he had since he booked him, why isn’t he sent off?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Toney’s elbow
« Reply #1 on December 26, 2019, 09:07:51 pm by mushRTID »
Maybe someone could do a little highlights video of Toney against us, featuring this and that that ridiculous dive against us in that “clash” with Wills last season

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 26, 2019, 09:14:09 pm by Filo »
Maybe someone could do a little highlights video of Toney against us, featuring this and that that ridiculous dive against us in that “clash” with Wills last season

Talking of dives, how does James get booked when Maddison tripped himself up?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 26, 2019, 09:20:29 pm by drfchound »

Maddison has form with that move.
He did it in the home game earlier in the season and even included the obligatory scream that some players do these days.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 27, 2019, 12:22:16 am by PDX_Rover »
Toney also went up and almost assaulted Sadlier last season when he scored the goal that came become we played to the whistle and not because their player was off the field injured.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 27, 2019, 04:27:56 am by roversdude »
Toney is a thug who can’t stand losing a little bit like his manager.
While on the subject of inept refereeing - how the fck was Dieng time wasting?????

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 27, 2019, 08:20:28 am by CJK »
On the Dieng booking, we couldn’t believe it, of all the keepers that come to the KM and get away with it until the 90th minute and maybe get a token booking. Shit ref again.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 27, 2019, 08:32:58 am by Donnywolf »
I know exactly what you mean. Last week the Acc Stan keeper was at it all the game and amazing to see someone getting away with such BLATANT timewasting all game with no sanction

Again consistency is required. Refs should see this happening and at the first sign of time wasting by Keepers they should pull out a Card and that should stop them reoffending (whether its us or the oppositions Keeper - we cant have it both ways)

However there is a better way to stop it (for the last time in 2019) and that is have a fixed timed period of 30 minutes per half. Lots (but not all time wasting would simply disappear)

Goal celebrations that go on forever - Substitutions and all their opportunities - "fake injuries" - 1 minute long goal kicks - and opposition playing who is taking this throw in / corner / free kick etc etc ?

Most would disappear overnight as would the guesswork of how much added time as that too would be gone forever (unlike this suggestion)

« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 02:29:13 pm by Donnywolf »

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 27, 2019, 09:48:45 am by Jimmydee »
I think that Dieng got booked for impeding Toney trying to quickly retrieve the ball from behind the net, the ploy worked for Toney.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 27, 2019, 10:13:49 am by One_Matty_Lucas »

I thought it looked a bit harsh, seemed to be distance between the two.
James didn't react at all though, he accepted it without any comment...

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 27, 2019, 07:16:23 pm by ravenrover »
For me the ref should start the game when the team who have just conceded are ready to kick off. Would stop all this 10mins goal celebrations

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 27, 2019, 08:13:55 pm by scawsby steve »
For me the ref should start the game when the team who have just conceded are ready to kick off. Would stop all this 10mins goal celebrations

Can't say I agree with that Raven. One of the highlights yesterday was when we scored the 3rd goal, and all the team, including Dieng, came over to the Rovers fans to celebrate.

Start taking things like that out of the game and much of the excitement will be killed off.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 27, 2019, 09:40:20 pm by drfchound »

Can't say I agree with that Raven. One of the highlights yesterday was when we scored the 3rd goal, and all the team, including Dieng, came over to the Rovers fans to celebrate.

Start taking things like that out of the game and much of the excitement will be killed off.

Yeah, keep the celebrations Steve, no problem with that.........but some teams overdo it when it runs the clock down.
You could still have the celebrations but stop the clock until the game kicks off again.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 27, 2019, 10:11:43 pm by scawsby steve »

Yeah, keep the celebrations Steve, no problem with that.........but some teams overdo it when it runs the clock down.
You could still have the celebrations but stop the clock until the game kicks off again.

Totally agree with that Hound. That would be fair to both teams, and to the fans.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 27, 2019, 10:24:48 pm by StocktonRover »

Totally agree with that Hound. That would be fair to both teams, and to the fans.

Have you never noticed how many times one of our players has to tie his bootlace whilst in the opposition half after we score?
It’s probably just an opportunity to do it whilst the ball is dead   ;)

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 27, 2019, 10:33:13 pm by 5 on Tour »
The rules do allow for a kick off to be taken when the team who conceded are ready. If all 11 members leave the pitch for a goal celebration then the kick off can be taken as soon as the conceding team want. It’s why you always see 1 player not join in with the celebrations.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 27, 2019, 10:35:40 pm by IDM »
Go on then, if the ref has seen it, which he had since he booked him, why isn’t he sent off?

I have t seen it, but I assume the ref thought this was dangerous play rather than violent conduct.?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 27, 2019, 11:59:31 pm by drfchound »
The rules do allow for a kick off to be taken when the team who conceded are ready. If all 11 members leave the pitch for a goal celebration then the kick off can be taken as soon as the conceding team want. It’s why you always see 1 player not join in with the celebrations.

It would be really interesting to see what happens in the event of a team doing that.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 28, 2019, 12:11:18 am by scawsby steve »

It would be really interesting to see what happens in the event of a team doing that.

I don't think it ever will Hound. The kick off can't happen without the ref blowing his whistle, and he won't do that until both teams are ready.

The whole thing would be too controversial.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 28, 2019, 09:36:08 am by donnievic »

I have t seen it, but I assume the ref thought this was dangerous play rather than violent conduct.?
im with you don’t think it was a full on elbow more of a stray arm

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 28, 2019, 04:23:55 pm by drfchound »

I don't think it ever will Hound. The kick off can't happen without the ref blowing his whistle, and he won't do that until both teams are ready.

The whole thing would be too controversial.

Of course it would Steve.
Players have to be back in there own half too.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 28, 2019, 06:38:08 pm by dknward2 »
Didn’t it happen in the World Cup just gone every player off the pitch celebrating a goal the other team ran back kicked off and scored.

It’s a rule if the team is ready to kick off and the other team isn’t on the pitch then the game can begin.

Dunno if the rule has been changed since or still stands.

Easy thing to do stay on the pitch when celebrating

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 28, 2019, 06:40:22 pm by IDM »
Not sure that’s right.. happy to be proved wrong - anyone got s link to the laws of the game.?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012