Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:29:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Micheal Gibson .....  (Read 12073 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Micheal Gibson .....
« Reply #90 on December 28, 2019, 08:37:28 pm by IDM »
He scored more than 20 for Swindon in this league in the season before he signed for us..

So we did sign a striker capable of 20 plus league one goals in a season..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on December 28, 2019, 08:40:16 pm by Michael Gibson »
Tbh I’m just getting to the point of the dons receiving big backing, and we’re cutting back it doesn’t take a genius to work it out.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on December 28, 2019, 08:44:43 pm by IDM »
So where’s the details.?  What about sponsorships and other revenues.?

Yes we may need more players but how much do we have spare to spend.? I don’t know,  but that doesn’t prove anything..

Then again, I’m not claiming anything, you are..

So I say again, put up, or shut up..

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on December 28, 2019, 08:46:31 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
so are you stating that the dons can afford 10 grand a week minimum on wages with gates of 500??? Unbelievable....it’s obvious to all and sundry that the rovers budget has been slashed with all the high earners gone and the dons has been massively increased, like I say go on the bulls forum and see the numbers being banded about!!

Are you actually so stupid as to think that Rovers and Dons both share the same pot of money and that if Dons spend that it means a smaller pot of money for Rovers?

What am I saying, of course you're that stupid because you're expecting other people to believe the same ridiculous pile of bullshit.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on December 28, 2019, 09:12:26 pm by Draytonian III »
Micheal do you go to the Dons as well ? I ask this in case you have a joint season ticket or sit in the same seat for both sports ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on December 28, 2019, 09:23:58 pm by silent majority »
Theo came for a fee.

Kiwomya came at a cost too.

😂😂😂

Is that your grown up response Steve?

You made a claim, which was totally false, and then when posters have destroyed your argument you respond with an emoji. Well done.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on December 28, 2019, 09:24:25 pm by Bessie Red »
If that’s the case how you can you pay 10-15k a week when you’ve 500 season tick holders at 100 pound each lol ffs lads come on!!!
Is it 10K or 15K a week & is that per player or for the whole squad?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on December 28, 2019, 09:26:06 pm by silent majority »
OMFG here we go again..

How do you know we haven’t tried to do that.? 

I can’t say for definite that we have, but can’t say we haven’t either..
Just so you get it we haven’t signed a permanent striker for a fee and wages since these owners have been here. I’m not saying we haven’t tried,  but we haven’t done it.

As I recall, Billy Sharp cost £1,000,000.  The current owners were had been at the club for a number of years by then

And it was one of those owners that provided the funds to do so.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on December 28, 2019, 09:31:42 pm by silent majority »
so are you stating that the dons can afford 10 grand a week minimum on wages with gates of 500??? Unbelievable....it’s obvious to all and sundry that the rovers budget has been slashed with all the high earners gone and the dons has been massively increased, like I say go on the bulls forum and see the numbers being banded about!!

You do realise how preposterous that sounds don't you?

Both budgets are separate under the Club Doncaster banner. But even if they weren't what possible business sense would it make to piss off the DRFC faithful which number many thousands, and spend the sums of money you're talking about to reward a few hundred Dons fans?

It would be commercial suicide. And I guarantee our Board are far too astute to do something so stupid.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on December 28, 2019, 09:37:44 pm by Reesielad »

You do realise how preposterous that sounds don't you?

Both budgets are separate under the Club Doncaster banner. But even if they weren't what possible business sense would it make to piss off the DRFC faithful which number many thousands, and spend the sums of money you're talking about to reward a few hundred Dons fans?

It would be commercial suicide. And I guarantee our Board are far too astute to do something so stupid.

Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on December 28, 2019, 09:58:12 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
There's the rub, it's not even a good story. I can smell it from here.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on December 28, 2019, 09:58:50 pm by silent majority »
There was NO outstanding tax bill, just a misunderstanding between the IR computerised system relating to dates and our system.

These days football clubs, because of their tendency to withhold tax revenues, are given no grace periods and are treated differently to other types of business.

The action was dismissed immediately because nothing was outstanding and our tax submissions were up to date.

However that doesn't stop certain individuals turning this into negative guff because it suits their agenda.

In fairness, not many people will have much direct knowledge of the running of businesses or football clubs. To start on "certain individuals" who you claim have agendas is unnecessarily argumentative, inaccurate and, to be frank, quite odd behaviour. To illustrate my point, I was initially concerned when I saw the club were listed on a winding up order, however it now seems that it was little to worry about. My initial worry doesn't mean I have an agenda.

I didn't say you did have an agenda.

The clue was in the words 'certain individuals'.

People taking offence at something said that wasn't aimed at them is quite odd, inaccurate and unnecessarily argumentative.

I'm aware that you wasn't saying I have an agenda, I just used the myself as an example to illustrate that some supporters will have had legitimate concerns about what is reported in the press and on social media. Those concerns are probably heightened given recent events at Bury, Bolton, Chesterfield, Macclesfield etc. Essentially, I don't think people should be shouted down or labelled for having such concerns, particularly by prominent members of a supporters group.

But again your missing the point.

The initial reports were dismissed immediately with a solid explanation. And again every time this was raised its been dismissed with a solid explanation. We are, as an active supporters trust, well aware of the financial status of DRFC, its one of the main reasons, if not the main reason, for our existence. Those with legitimate concerns have had this answered for them, completely and accurately. They haven't been shouted down or labelled.

However, there are people out there, who have had this explained to them several times, who ignore all of that and continue to post negative guff. I make no apologies for pointing that out.

Now, for some reason you seem determined to put yourself into the offended camp, but I have no idea why. And why you should feel offended on behalf of others also escapes me.

And why I, as a prominent member of a supporters group (?) should modify my approach to those with an agenda is again beyond me. To be fair, I find your accusations quite insulting. I give up almost all of my spare time, and then some, helping out other football supporters, either at DRFC or other clubs who have problems, and you've mentioned some of them, i.e. Bury, Macclesfield, even Bolton etc., and they are grateful for the help . I have no intention of changing anything that I do in the short term.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on December 28, 2019, 10:35:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Quite right. If supporters have genuine concerns then I'm sure they would express them in better ways than the digs at the club, the owners and you!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on December 28, 2019, 10:45:13 pm by steve@dcfd »
Theo came for a fee.

😂😂😂

You made a claim, which was totally false, and then when posters have destroyed your argument you respond with an emoji. Well done.

I said since JR left we have not signed a striker for a fee and wages. Now looking at the dates Theo was signed while JR was involved still at the club and realistically Kiwomya as never been a striker.
I appreciate free transfer strikers come at a cost. But we have not signed a striker in the last four years for a fee and wages. Accepting Kiwomya if you can call him a striker will have come at a cost.
So let’s see if this or next transfer window we can sign a striker where a fee and wages are concerned.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on December 28, 2019, 10:48:18 pm by Draytonian III »
I’ve really enjoy your insight too all things that happen at the Keepmoat stadium, you seem to be the man in know, knowledge is a wonderful thing

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on December 28, 2019, 10:54:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Theo came for a fee.

😂😂😂

I said since JR left we have not signed a striker for a fee and wages. Now looking at the dates Theo was signed while JR was involved still at the club and realistically Kiwomya as never been a striker.
I appreciate free transfer strikers come at a cost. But we have not signed a striker in the last four years for a fee and wages. Accepting Kiwomya if you can call him a striker will have come at a cost.
So let’s see if this or next transfer window we can sign a striker where a fee and wages are concerned.

Why would you want to pay a fee if you don't have to? Would you rather go down the Sunderland route with Will Grigg or the route we signed Marquis?

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on December 28, 2019, 10:54:53 pm by Bessie Red »
Theo came for a fee.

😂😂😂

Why does it matter so much to you that a fee & wages need to be the criteria for signing a player. Some of the best players we have had came without a fee attached. Also transfer fees at our level have virtually disappeared. Why spend money on a transfer fee when you can get a player for free with an enhanced wage?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on December 28, 2019, 11:02:08 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Theo came for a fee.

😂😂😂

Reading your last paragraph it would appear that you equate paying a fee for a player (& the higher the fee supposedly the greater the chance) will ensure we end up with a player who will improve the team, whilst getting in a player on a free transfer would be less likely to do so?

I won’t go on to list the players where the exact opposite has proved to be the case, many of them having already having been mentioned on this thread.

Ultimately you have to trust the manager & the board who are there to back him. If you have trust in neither, I respectfully suggest that you go ‘support’ another club before you end up with a coronary.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on December 29, 2019, 01:39:54 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Tbh I’m just getting to the point of the dons receiving big backing, and we’re cutting back it doesn’t take a genius to work it out.

I thought you were getting to the point of us not paying tax bills or signing 20 goal strikers?

f**k! Just dawned on me! We've been assigned our own disinformation bot by the Kremlin!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on December 29, 2019, 09:30:29 am by i_ateallthepies »

In post #33 you said this...Just so you get it we haven’t signed a permanent striker for a fee and wages since these owners have been here. I’m not saying we haven’t tried,  but we haven’t done it.

Your accusation was directed against the current owners.  You only mentioned "since JR" after you was challenged.  Besides, paying a fee for a player puts funds into another club, how is that to our advantage?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on December 29, 2019, 10:07:47 am by silent majority »

In post #33 you said this...Just so you get it we haven’t signed a permanent striker for a fee and wages since these owners have been here. I’m not saying we haven’t tried,  but we haven’t done it.

Your accusation was directed against the current owners.  You only mentioned "since JR" after you was challenged.  Besides, paying a fee for a player puts funds into another club, how is that to our advantage?

Spot on!

Steve was attacking the current owners, and as I mentioned above his argument has been destroyed and yet his response is two fold. Initially he put up a bunch of emojis and when challenged started splitting hairs by claiming Kiwomya isn't a striker and that JR was still involved with the club when Theo Robinson was signed. We haven't even mentioned Alfie May!

Disingenuous on all counts. I'm afraid if you haven't got anything more positive and honest to post then maybe you should limit your time on here Steve?

Just to add, JR may have been here when Theo was signed (I'll double check that) but he certainly wasn't involved in the running of the club at that point. How you can use that against the current owners escapes me.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 10:10:32 am by silent majority »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on December 29, 2019, 10:23:37 am by BillyStubbsTears »
This obsession with paying transfer fees is SOOOOOOO last millennium.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on December 29, 2019, 10:36:28 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
This surely boils down to the periodical comparison of how the current owners are perceived to operate to the perception of way JR operated and his ambition.

No matter how many times you bust the myths some people remain entrenched in their views. Transfer fee = ambition, no transfer fee = no ambition.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on December 29, 2019, 10:47:24 am by silent majority »
This surely boils down to the periodical comparison of how the current owners are perceived to operate to the perception of way JR operated and his ambition.

No matter how many times you bust the myths some people remain entrenched in their views. Transfer fee = ambition, no transfer fee = no ambition.

It's strange though Baz, this club has enjoyed its longest and most successful spell in living memory under the current ownership, and yet there's still people out there who look to discredit that.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on December 29, 2019, 11:22:06 am by Michael Gibson »
SM I’m not having a dig at the owners I’m asking where all the money for the dons as come from? Considering we’re all under the club Doncaster banner I can only presume that. Please correct me I’m wrong.  Unless there’s someone heavily backing them I can’t see anything else but it’s coming from a central pot which obviously means rovers get less?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on December 29, 2019, 11:31:35 am by IDM »
Hmmm..

Paraphrasing a lot here but..

How do you know she’s a witch.?

We burn witches, what else burns.?

Wood.  Wood floats, so if she floats, she’s made of wood, and therefore.....

Burn the witch.!!!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on December 29, 2019, 11:58:03 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Bang on IDM.

I posted summat similar years ago. Words of the great Carl Sagan. He said this was the kind of "logic" that drove him mad.

When astronomers first looked at Venus through telescopes they saw a blank disc.

They decided it must be covered in cloud.

If it was covered in cloud, there must be loads of water.

If there was loads of water, there must be oceans and jungles and marshes.

If there were oceans and jungles and marshes, there must be loads of animal life.

Observation: Venus is blank.
Conclusion: Venus is teeming with life.

It's often like that on here.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on December 29, 2019, 12:39:34 pm by graingrover »
The biggest disappointment for me is not the Board which is  the best we have had in the time I started watching in 1954 it is the ATTITUDE of so called supporters to the general situation of the Club .We have a club to be truly proud .If you want instance success and a Board who pour millions into vacuous projects go support West Ham and many others like them who are available to entertain you and fit your aspirations .

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on December 29, 2019, 02:12:49 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
SM I’m not having a dig at the owners I’m asking where all the money for the dons as come from? Considering we’re all under the club Doncaster banner I can only presume that. Please correct me I’m wrong.  Unless there’s someone heavily backing them I can’t see anything else but it’s coming from a central pot which obviously means rovers get less?

That much is increasingly obvious.

There is no central pot.

Now what do you see?

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on December 29, 2019, 05:25:49 pm by Michael Gibson »
Well it’s clear many on here don’t like the truth, once you’ve made it clear you can’t answer my questions you get personal.  Unbelievable for grown men.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012