Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:57:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dieng  (Read 6129 times)

colincramb

• Forum Member
Dieng
« on January 01, 2020, 06:05:41 pm by colincramb »
Another very assured performance. His handling from crosses and corners etc is exceptional. Would love to sign him permanently.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
Re: Dieng
« Reply #1 on January 01, 2020, 06:10:48 pm by Donnyjim »
agree. one of the best keepers I have seen at donny for a while.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 01, 2020, 06:12:01 pm by dknward2 »
Did well he did lose it a few times but wright or Anderson were there to cover which is a sign of a great defensive team.

Hope he can be one of the signings in January would also save us a loan spot

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 01, 2020, 06:14:44 pm by IDM »
Looks like his loan will be extended, reading the DFP website the other day..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 01, 2020, 06:19:59 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
His loan was for a season anyway. Alas, as much as I thought he might be on the radar for permanent, I'm thinking it's probably unlikely. He's a quality keeper!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 01, 2020, 06:37:52 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Is he third choice at QPR? They must have signed Neuer and De Gea without me realising

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 01, 2020, 06:41:31 pm by Chris Black come back »
It is such a colossal relief to have a keeper who can handle the high ball.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 01, 2020, 08:46:39 pm by drfchound »
I doubt that we will get him on a permanent deal.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 01, 2020, 08:47:51 pm by IDM »
His loan was for a season anyway. Alas, as much as I thought he might be on the radar for permanent, I'm thinking it's probably unlikely. He's a quality keeper!

I thought it was a half season loan to start with.?

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 01, 2020, 09:06:44 pm by NewDonny »

Best keeper for his age that I have seen for many years across EPL, Championship, L1 & 2 and abroad. The only one I would put up there alongside him, is the lad at Man City - Gavin Bazanu albeit he is younger that Dieng.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 01, 2020, 09:13:16 pm by NickDRFC »

Best keeper for his age that I have seen for many years across EPL, Championship, L1 & 2 and abroad. The only one I would put up there alongside him, is the lad at Man City - Gavin Bazanu albeit he is younger that Dieng.

Dieng has been brilliant this season for us but that’s quite a claim. He’s 25, are you really saying you’ve not seen better 25 year old keepers in the Premier League over the past few years?! David De Gea had been Man Utd’s player of the year for a couple of seasons in a row by that age, Ederson at Man City has played a key role in City’s back to back title wins at 25 and that’s just a couple off the top of my head.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 01, 2020, 09:34:11 pm by 5 on Tour »
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/donny-seal-seny-dieng-loan-deal/?_gl=1*1n2vqa1*_ga*yw1wlte2bemxbzytazbhytnmykjpm3hsyklrlxq0oejotxjlbgfdbfq1mm5idfjgsjm5nu1twtr2q0ntz0dgy3v2t3o.

It would appear to be until January but didn’t DM say season long the other day?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 01, 2020, 09:35:25 pm by IDM »
He said he was looking to extend - at least that’s what I read on the DFP website..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 01, 2020, 09:42:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
When DM was asked in radio interview the other day about hoping to extend his, Sheaf and Daniels loans, his reply was if to say, what are you talking about, they're all season long loans with a break clause (standard if either party wanted to terminate early)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 01, 2020, 09:53:37 pm by RoversAlias »
Free Press reported the other week it was a season-long for Dieng but it was reported as half-season at the time of him signing. Liam Hoden said he'd clarify it when he got chance but I haven't seen if it ever was.

Sheaf and Daniels were also announced as half-season loans at the time.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 01, 2020, 09:58:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, hoped I wasn't going mad. 6 mins in....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07z4cch

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 01, 2020, 11:01:36 pm by NewDonny »

Dieng has been brilliant this season for us but that’s quite a claim. He’s 25, are you really saying you’ve not seen better 25 year old keepers in the Premier League over the past few years?! David De Gea had been Man Utd’s player of the year for a couple of seasons in a row by that age, Ederson at Man City has played a key role in City’s back to back title wins at 25 and that’s just a couple off the top of my head.

When you have watched as much football as I have, both at home and abroad, you get to appreciate that there are good players and excellent players and Dieng is an excellent keeper. To be honest I was referring to EPL as in EPL U21/U23. But now you mention it, what I like is his ability in the air, off his line and his calmness on the ball with it as his feet. I also like the fact that he is also very athletic and uses his spring to get across and up to save as well as down on the ground. Of course Ederson and De Gea are very good keepers but rely heavily on the use of their legs when shot stopping which is not something I haven't seen much, if atall from Dieng.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 12:47:59 am by NewDonny »

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 01, 2020, 11:08:26 pm by 5 on Tour »
He’s also a really nice bloke. When the ground was basically empty, and all staff in the changing rooms, he was stood taking pictures in the East Stand with every kid who wanted one.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 01, 2020, 11:14:29 pm by Filo »
Makes a refreshing change to see a keeper catch the ball instead of punch it, stops attacks stone dead, having said that he did punch one today 🤪

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 01, 2020, 11:22:53 pm by Alan Southstand »
We’ve been crying out for a keeper who commands his area and, my word, DM has found one. If Dieng had been in goal last season, we would have been promoted.

Aisley Drfc Leeman

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 02, 2020, 08:18:38 am by Aisley Drfc Leeman »
That little bit of skill yesterday when he got closed down, to take the ball to safety...phwoaaar

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 02, 2020, 08:39:54 am by jackthelad »
He is excellent, I wasn’t sure at first on him and thought he messed about with the ball at his feet too much but the more I see of him and the more I realise how composed he is.

He is better than Lawlor and based on what I’ve seen so far, he is worth targeting to sign on a permanent deal if it’s feasible.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 02, 2020, 08:52:32 am by wing commander »
Free Press is reporting that we expect to announce the loan extension to the end of the season shortly..

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 02, 2020, 12:14:41 pm by Bezza »
Not seen a better keeper in our league, would be great to sign him, but expect he will be getting a lot of interest from other clubs, a great bit of business getting him on a season long loan.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 02, 2020, 04:35:31 pm by NickDRFC »

When you have watched as much football as I have, both at home and abroad, you get to appreciate that there are good players and excellent players and Dieng is an excellent keeper. To be honest I was referring to EPL as in EPL U21/U23. But now you mention it, what I like is his ability in the air, off his line and his calmness on the ball with it as his feet. I also like the fact that he is also very athletic and uses his spring to get across and up to save as well as down on the ground. Of course Ederson and De Gea are very good keepers but rely heavily on the use of their legs when shot stopping which is not something I haven't seen much, if atall from Dieng.

Fair enough, it wasn't clear that you meant U21/U23 from what you said initially. You're still seeming to suggest that Dieng (3rd choice keeper at a mid-table Championship club) is a better keeper than Ederson (double Premier League champion, Brazil international, £30 million + for his last transfer fee), though. If that's the case I don't care how much football you've watched, I can't take your opinion seriously if you think a 3rd choice keeper at a mid-table Championship club (excellent player) is better than a double Premier League champion/Brazil international who cost £30 million + for his last transfer fee (very good player)!

Back to topic, I really hope that we can sign Dieng permanently but feel like if we don't do it in January I don't think it'll happen. If he maintains even close to the form he's been in for the first half of the season, surely League One clubs with deeper pockets than us, as well Championship clubs, will be keen in the summer.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 02, 2020, 07:52:47 pm by idler »
Remember Bartez and Taibo at Man Unt. I wouldn't have wanted either.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 02, 2020, 08:02:59 pm by Campsall rover »
We’ve been crying out for a keeper who commands his area and, my word, DM has found one. If Dieng had been in goal last season, we would have been promoted.
Alan he would have given us 15 more points minimum. Possibly 20+ so you are not wrong.
A top keeper is just as important as a top striker.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 02, 2020, 08:12:58 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Is he third choice at QPR? They must have signed Neuer and De Gea without me realising
3rd or 4th choice. He hasn't played a single game in the league or cup for them since arriving in 2016. Their other 3 keepers are all younger. His contract with them ends at the end of next season. All in all, there seems to be a good chance of buying though the wage may be an issue?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 02, 2020, 08:15:11 pm by Jonathan »
If we were to have any chance of keeping Dieng permanently then I think now would be the time. The price, and the competition for his signature, will only increase in the summer.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 02, 2020, 08:16:11 pm by Barmby Rover »
Please sign him Rovers, the best goalie we have had since Button and Ikeme on loan.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012