Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:04:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This is absolutely unbelievable, but on the other hand ..............  (Read 1990 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
''Terrorism police list Extinction Rebellion as extremist ideology

Exclusive: Police scramble to recall guide issued to teachers putting climate activists alongside far-right groups''

Wetting their pants cos some lefties want to save the planet give me a break, are they scared of their own shadows or that the balance may tip away from the johnsons and trumps of this world.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/10/xr-extinction-rebellion-listed-extremist-ideology-police-prevent-scheme-guidance

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
Johnson and Trump are in power because people voted for them, whereas Extinction Rebellion try to impose their ideology on people with no mandate. Absolute scum.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Johnson and Trump are in power because people voted for them, whereas Extinction Rebellion try to impose their ideology on people with no mandate. Absolute scum.

They are an extremist group, cause damage to the UK economy, end of.!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Looks like keyboard warriors are more likely to be on the list  :)

rtid88

• Forum Member
Re: This is absolutely unbelievable, but on the other hand ..............
« Reply #4 on January 12, 2020, 08:10:55 am by rtid88 »
Absolute Scum..... Why? They are making a stand to try and make people at the top of the chain to make the necessary changes to ensure that this world isn't totally destroyed by idiots like Trump who thinks Global Warming is a load of rubbish....

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Absolute Scum..... Why? They are making a stand to try and make people at the top of the chain to make the necessary changes to ensure that this world isn't totally destroyed by idiots like Trump who thinks Global Warming is a load of rubbish....
They need to pick on the real polluters, china ,India, Phillipines, Brazil, but of course they darent!. They would rathe inflict financial damage on our economy, and when they do move on they leave tons of filthy waste, a right bunch of Hypocrites.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Unlike the bankers and other unfettered capitalists whose greed brought down the global banking system, ruined the vies of millions by the austerity and increased poverty 'required' to 'fix' their greed - and are now in government.

The ice caps wont stop melting, sea levels wont stop rising, flooding in low level areas wont stop being more common and the Doncaster area wont become uninhabitable because you dont want the world's six largest economy to do something about it.

Nor will people's health in the UK continue to deteriorate due to rising air pollution. Doncaster is one of the worst places for air quality in the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/dec/14/uk-must-limit-killer-ultra-fine-air-pollutants
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/feb/27/pollution-map-reveals-unsafe-air-quality-at-almost-2000-uk-sites

Are those 3 countries the 'real' polluters? There is a country that emits twice the CO2 levels of two of those countries put together, hmmm.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
''Terrorism police list Extinction Rebellion as extremist ideology

Exclusive: Police scramble to recall guide issued to teachers putting climate activists alongside far-right groups''

Wetting their pants cos some lefties want to save the planet give me a break, are they scared of their own shadows or that the balance may tip away from the johnsons and trumps of this world.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/10/xr-extinction-rebellion-listed-extremist-ideology-police-prevent-scheme-guidance

Actually not, extreme climate activist groups were a huge focus for security at a former employer of mine.

Say for example they force drax to close down that has huge national security impacts.  They obviously wouldnt do it if they didnt have concerns.....

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 12, 2020, 04:39:57 pm by rtid88 »
They need to pick on the real polluters, china ,India, Phillipines, Brazil, but of course they darent!. They would rathe inflict financial damage on our economy, and when they do move on they leave tons of filthy waste, a right bunch of Hypocrites.
Absolutely pathetic... What's more important the bloody economy which would be fine if the Tory chuffing government had any clue how to spend the money or the environment and the planet..... I would hardly call it bloody hypocritical them not demonstrating in the likes of China and Brazil, you only have to say boo to a goose in one of those countries and you get hung in the street.... It shouldn't be down to them to demonstrate though it should be down to the leaders in 2 of the most powerful countries to negotiate these things.... But this will never happen because they only care about themselves and the current generation and not about future generations....

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Yes they would get hung in the street! So they take the soft option, but the Uk govt cannot force the likes of the US,China or even India to change their ways.I really don’t see what good making a nuisance of yourself in a country that is doing something can help!

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 12, 2020, 05:36:08 pm by rtid88 »
I would hardly call it a soft option, seen as 99% of the people that were involved in the Extinction Rebellion rallies in the UK were from the UK, do you expect these people to travel to Brazil, China etc... to carry out their protests??
Yes the UK have done something but nowhere near enough and this won't change under a Tory government...

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Yes they would get hung in the street! So they take the soft option, but the Uk govt cannot force the likes of the US,China or even India to change their ways.I really don’t see what good making a nuisance of yourself in a country that is doing something can help!

China is by far the largest producer of solar panels and solar power in the world - 100% more than any other country - so to say they are not doing anything is far from accurate.

Of course the UK government can force these countries to do more - and quicker- by refusing to trade with them. But of course capitalism is more important to some people than the climate and the planet.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member

China is by far the largest producer of solar panels and solar power in the world - 100% more than any other country - so to say they are not doing anything is far from accurate.

Of course the UK government can force these countries to do more - and quicker- by refusing to trade with them. But of course capitalism is more important to some peomple than the climate and the planet.

The Uk Govt doesn't have to do bugger all, You Wilts can make a difference You and anybody else who is like minded merely has to veto their goods,if you don't buy em, they can't sell em they stop making them. Simple really, now go make a difference!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Seems it is you who is out of touch with the will of the people Sproty.

70% of the public think the UK should be at net zero by 2030 - only 7% disagree.

Only 32% think the government is doing anything more than the average country.

The government ignores the public at its peril - because believe me the consequences of the severe weather events we are experiencing more frequently are not going to go away on their own.

Enjoy your cheap Chinese nuclear electricity btw. Whats the cost of it going to be again?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member

70% of the public think the UK should be at net zero by 2030 - only 7% disagree.

The government ignores the public at its peril - because believe me the consequences of the severe weather events we are experiencing more frequently are not going to go away on their own.

Enjoy your cheap Chinese nuclear electricity btw. Whats the cost of it going to be again?
You clearly don't read my posts you can shove Chinese nuclear energy where the sun don't shine(China which is smog covered, them lecky panels will do some good)
By 2030 we will be totally reliant on renewable energy from wind farms built in the North Sea. And Hinckley point of course which I assume we are keeping for the odd nuclear war head or two.

wilts rover

• Forum Member

You clearly don't read my posts you can shove Chinese nuclear energy where the sun don't shine(China which is smog covered, them lecky panels will do some good)
By 2030 we will be totally reliant on renewable energy from wind farms built in the North Sea. And Hinckley point of course which I assume we are keeping for the odd nuclear war head or two.

Err Hinckley Point is what I was referring to. It is being built by Chinese (alongside French) investment.

Where on earth do you get your facts from to think we will be reliant on North Sea wind by 2030!! The Dogger Bank project - when fully operative will provide 4.8GW of electricity (a good proportion of which will be going to mainland Europe).

At 7.00pm this evening the UK consumed 41GW of electricity, 31% of which was from wind. By 2030 we will be lucky if 50% of our electricity is from wind.

https://twitter.com/myGridGB/status/1216801299511103489

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Empire building a bit too late, whats wrong with the police and security are they trying to justify their existence?

''Greenpeace included with neo-Nazis on UK counter-terror list
Exclusive: Extinction Rebellion and Peta also named in anti-extremism briefing alongside Combat 18 and National Action''

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/17/greenpeace-included-with-neo-nazis-on-uk-counter-terror-list

TinyPortal © 2005-2012