Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 11:20:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bolton Away  (Read 6417 times)

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Bolton Away
« Reply #1 on January 14, 2020, 12:31:53 pm by RobTheRover »
There's time for them to not fancy it and cancel it again

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 14, 2020, 12:39:49 pm by Drover »
They could be already relegated by then?or even sweeter,it could be the game to confirm their relegation.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 14, 2020, 12:40:46 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
Hope we take an absolute army of fans across and win 3 or 4-0

philsky

• Forum Member

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 14, 2020, 12:50:31 pm by adamtherover »
They could be already relegated by then?or even sweeter,it could be the game to confirm their relegation.

im surprised that the EFL has actually finally made a decision about this game when the points could have a bearing on the final league table, but boy, how sweet would it be if this game relegated Bolton. 

After the hearing's verdict was announced, every 2nd comment on the BWFC twitter feed was about how rovers fans were just whiny little b*tches!!!   Please god, let karma run its course!!!!!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 14, 2020, 01:45:41 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 14, 2020, 02:17:22 pm by 5 on Tour »
It better be the 24th. 23rd is my birthday and don’t fancy spending it in Bolton! Relegating them the day after would be fantastic though!

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 14, 2020, 03:01:34 pm by Frankie Rennie »
Don’t worry guys, we’ll be well and truly down by then so you won’t be celebrating our demise. It could though be us denying you a place in the play offs so I wouldn’t get too cocky if I were you!! 😉

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 14, 2020, 03:07:20 pm by Campsall rover »
So 8 of our last 11 matches are now away from home.  ;)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 04:08:15 pm by Campsall rover »

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 14, 2020, 03:07:59 pm by 5 on Tour »
Don’t worry guys, we’ll be well and truly down by then so you won’t be celebrating our demise. It could though be us denying you a place in the play offs so I wouldn’t get too cocky if I were you!! 😉

We aren’t looking as low down the table as the play offs. You mean automatic promotion I assume? 😂

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 14, 2020, 04:18:12 pm by Surrey Rover »
March is going to be a tough month, six games with five of them away.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/doncaster-rovers/scores-fixtures/2020-03

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 14, 2020, 05:19:49 pm by adamtherover »
The scheduling is rubbish, even with out the rearranged games, it was still 3 out of 4 away!! 

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 14, 2020, 05:28:48 pm by Frankie Rennie »

We aren’t looking as low down the table as the play offs. You mean automatic promotion I assume? 😂

Ha ha very funny 5 on Tour. I wish you luck with that, you’ll need it but whatever we deprived you of it would maybe be some kind of reward for the over the top abuse you’ve fired at Wanderers.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 14, 2020, 05:35:40 pm by drfchound »
I am looking forward to the game at Bolton.
Should be a lovely friendly atmosphere.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 14, 2020, 05:47:25 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Ha ha very funny 5 on Tour. I wish you luck with that, you’ll need it but whatever we deprived you of it would maybe be some kind of reward for the over the top abuse you’ve fired at Wanderers.

Are you still maintaining there was no EFL rule existing so you couldn't have broken one, like you were the other day?

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 14, 2020, 05:50:54 pm by Reesielad »
Don’t worry guys, we’ll be well and truly down by then so you won’t be celebrating our demise. It could though be us denying you a place in the play offs so I wouldn’t get too cocky if I were you!!

We aren’t looking as low down the table as the play offs. You mean automatic promotion I assume?

You won’t be depriving us of anything Frankie.

Get real, you have an absolute tactically inept buffoon masquerading as a football manager and barely any players good enough for this level.

Your massive fan base has just celebrated signing a non league striker signed from Enfield.

I wish you luck for the season, you are the ones who will need it.

As for abuse, I think you’ll find if you search twitter, the abuse is pretty much one way. Go argue with Wigan and Preston. We have our own rivals, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 14, 2020, 07:24:32 pm by Frankie Rennie »
Can’t disagree with much there Reesilad, we are utter rubbish at the moment and yes we will need lots of luck just to survive. I won’t even try to defend the morons that inhabit Twitter and Facebook or the abuse they’ve thrown around but in fairness you have plenty of your own the other way. In between the banter, I do genuinely wish you luck this season, I actually like your new manager, who I thought was badly treated at WBA, and the job he’s doing.

We were out of order over our game and I agree you should have had the 3 points but obviously the EFL decided otherwise. My point though is that nobody now at the club were responsible yet are left to suffer for it so really your animosity to our club is unfortunate. It was mainly Parkinson’s fault the game was hooked and of course he cleared off after the event without penalty. Never mind I am looking forward to the game and hope it can be played in good spirit and also the game at your place which I’ll also be at.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 14, 2020, 07:34:46 pm by Reesielad »
Can’t disagree with much there Reesilad, we are utter rubbish at the moment and yes we will need lots of luck just to survive. I won’t even try to defend the morons that inhabit Twitter and Facebook or the abuse they’ve thrown around but in fairness you have plenty of your own the other way. In between the banter, I do genuinely wish you luck this season, I actually like your new manager, who I thought was badly treated at WBA, and the job he’s doing.

We were out of order over our game and I agree you should have had the 3 points but obviously the EFL decided otherwise. My point though is that nobody now at the club were responsible yet are left to suffer for it so really your animosity to our club is unfortunate. It was mainly Parkinson’s fault the game was hooked and of course he cleared off after the event without penalty. Never mind I am looking forward to the game and hope it can be played in good spirit and also the game at your place which I’ll also be at.

A lot of the Doncaster fans have only retaliated to the abuse we have taken from Bolton since the game that never was, through no fault of our own, wasn’t played.

Not a single Doncaster fan would of cared about Bolton, and if I’m honest, being a club that has survived such turmoil, we would of done nothing but wish you well. We even cancelled the contract of a decent squad player so he could sign for you. Even still, your fan base hasn’t stopped the torrent of abuse aimed at us.

Regardless of who was at the club, then, now, 15 years ago is irrelevant. You’re still the same club. I’m glad that some of your more sensible fans, yourself included, realise that this whole thing is a massive farce and you have come away with nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

Now, let’s get the game played. Home and away, then we can go back to hating Rotherham, Leeds and Scunthorpe.

All the best for the future, Frankie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 14, 2020, 07:42:45 pm by 5 on Tour »

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Over the top abuse from us? Hahahahaha. That’s got to be the most hypocritical load of bullshit I’ve ever read - and we got a copy of the Tory manifesto just before the election. Your fans think we are bang out of order for not supporting you through YOUR hardship. Don’t remember seeing any of your lot helping us during ours. You were far too important for helping out smaller clubs but now you have struggled we aren’t sympathetic.

Your fan base has fired constant abuse at us for apparently not agreeing to a date. A date that the EFL were blocking due to appeal so we couldn’t agree to anyway? Are you for real?

Anyway I wish you the best of luck in League 2 next season. Oh the sights you will see. We will enjoy looking down at you. You the club who have squandered millions and still think you’re entitled to special treatment. Had you not had a man on the inside you wouldn’t even be in the football league right now.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 14, 2020, 07:48:49 pm by Al4475 »
Still, through all of this - at least rovers have bolton to thank for Mike Jeffrey! Lol

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 14, 2020, 07:54:08 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
I’d love to see the club use the 4K they got from Bolton to put free busses on and subsidise the tickets to get as many fans across there as possible, I know 4K doesn’t go far in this scenario like, but would be good to get as many bodies over there as possible

Graham Hirst

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 15, 2020, 09:27:09 am by Graham Hirst »
Haha, Bolton lose Again, makes Ya proud to be Bitter!!

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 15, 2020, 10:39:47 am by deebee »
Might go if free, NOT going if I have to give them a penny,

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 15, 2020, 04:43:23 pm by Frankie Rennie »
5 on tour, no point arguing who started what, the games been rearranged now and it will soon be history. Given our form, it probably won’t affect the scores from earlier in the season so hopefully you’ll get your 3 points and 3-4 goals as well the way you’re playing. It actually makes no difference to us now anyway as we are on our way to L2 for the second time in our history but hopefully we will only be there for one season again like last time before we start the climb back up.

I would though take issue with your “we didn’t care when you were in trouble” remark because I actually vividly remember collections outside the ground at the time, as we have done for numerous other clubs in difficulty over the years. Let’s be honest, it could easily happen to any of us with the finances as they are. It only needs the benefactor to walk away and you’re sunk! In fact there are several on the brink now so expect this to happen again very soon.

Anyway, good luck to you for the rest of the season and don’t waste the 6 points we’ll be giving you!! 😀

Catte

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 16, 2020, 09:02:22 am by Catte »

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Over the top abuse from us? Hahahahaha. That’s got to be the most hypocritical load of bullshit I’ve ever read - and we got a copy of the Tory manifesto just before the election. Your fans think we are bang out of order for not supporting you through YOUR hardship. Don’t remember seeing any of your lot helping us during ours. You were far too important for helping out smaller clubs but now you have struggled we aren’t sympathetic.

Your fan base has fired constant abuse at us for apparently not agreeing to a date. A date that the EFL were blocking due to appeal so we couldn’t agree to anyway? Are you for real?

Anyway I wish you the best of luck in League 2 next season. Oh the sights you will see. We will enjoy looking down at you. You the club who have squandered millions and still think you’re entitled to special treatment. Had you not had a man on the inside you wouldn’t even be in the football league right now.

Wow you need to chill out a little, have a beer.
Of course we will enjoy league 2 because we still have a club to follow.
I like your conspiracy theory the man on the inside, if you think and the EFL thought that he had influenced or miss stepped he would not be on the inside any more. It was the FBI on the grassy knoll.

Please do not link all Bolton fans with those on click bait Twitter, they are there to get a reaction if it winds you up then walk away.
I think if you look into the supporting of smaller clubs, teams like Bury and others in the region have benefitted from Bolton's support over the years, I remember back in the days at Burnden Park Bury fans being allowed to carry buckets through the crowd collecting to keep a roof over their heads.

But this does not fit the kick Bolton whilst they are down agenda, I honestly wish Doncaster all the best I like DM and the way he sets his teams up and what I have seen this year of your team I think he could with a bit of fortune get you in the Championship this season.
Try and remember not all fans of a club are the same and it was unfortunate it was Doncaster that Parkinson selected to be the team - My preference once he had made the decision to do this would have been Tranmere (actually I would have preferred we had not done this, but clearly he was making a statement and I hope the penicillin kicks in soon), I would prefer them hating us just a little more than having upset the fans at Doncaster.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 16, 2020, 09:17:09 am by wing commander »
  Personally like most Rovers fans I was furious at how Bolton treated us with so little respect.And nobody will ever convince me that the only reason that game was postponed was that Bolton had 2 home games in a week and the receiver just didn't have the funds to put them on and needed to buy time..

However after supporting this club and remembering how it felt when you genuinely felt that it was all over and we were finished..If having to go through this inconvenience actually helped Bolton buy some time and contributed to their survival as a Football club then it's a small price to pay..

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 16, 2020, 12:28:19 pm by Canadian Rover »
It's not only the Bolton fans that were wind up merchants that behaved disgustingly the club at Bolton did. No pride or honour or sportsmanship from them. I'll gladly see them get relegated and hopefully into the conference too.

That way they may learn a little bit more respect for us "smaller" clubs.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 16, 2020, 01:24:57 pm by Campsall rover »
It's not only the Bolton fans that were wind up merchants that behaved disgustingly the club at Bolton did. No pride or honour or sportsmanship from them. I'll gladly see them get relegated and hopefully into the conference too.

You say “smaller clubs”  well how big a club are Bolton now?
Think a club is only as big as it’s status and Bolton will be a league 2 club very soon.

No guarantee they will bounce back next season and if Gary Hill is still manager next season then the conference is a more likely venue for them at the end of 2020/21 than a return to League 1

So Bolton in my mind is now a Small Club even if some of their delusional fans think they are a Premier League Club.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 16, 2020, 01:45:50 pm by NickDRFC »

You say “smaller clubs”  well how big a club are Bolton now?
Think a club is only as big as it’s status and Bolton will be a league 2 club very soon.

No guarantee they will bounce back next season and if Gary Hill is still manager next season then the conference is a more likely venue for them at the end of 2020/21 than a return to League 1

So Bolton in my mind is now a Small Club even if some of their delusional fans think they are a Premier League Club.

Disagree with you there. One of my pet hates in football is when people say things like “Leeds/Forest/Wednesday should be in the top flight” based on their history - it’s rubbish, they are where they deserve to be. However it doesn’t make them smaller clubs than, say, Brighton or Watford just because they are in the league below them. There are all sorts of things that determine (for me) what makes a big club - historic success and fan base for example - and the league they currently reside in doesn’t really come into it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012