Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:54:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fan-Rage  (Read 6032 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Fan-Rage
« on January 17, 2020, 01:31:25 pm by sha66y »
Must be the time of year I guess,

I personally hope this month is a quiet one regarding signings, then maybe I’ll get to see some of the younger players getting blooded...

Roll on next year when we can be a bit better organised to have a proper tilt at a top six finish.....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Fan-Rage
« Reply #1 on January 17, 2020, 01:34:03 pm by drfchound »
We have a great chance of a top six finish this season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 17, 2020, 01:34:46 pm by Campsall rover »

I personally hope this month is a quiet one regarding signings, then maybe I’ll get to see some of the younger players getting blooded...

Roll on next year when we can be a bit better organised to have a proper tilt at a top six finish.....
If we don’t make it this season then top 2 will be the target next season. Top 6 is the next best option.  :)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 17, 2020, 01:36:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

We are fifth in the points per game table.

Our record against teams who are currently looking like being in the hunt for top 6 places (I'd go down as far as Bristol Rovers in 11th) is:

P14 W7 D3 L4 Pts 24 PPG1.71  Which is play of form in those matches against the top teams alone.

What makes you think we can't have a proper tilt this year?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 17, 2020, 01:38:59 pm by Chris Black come back »
This is about the only sane thread on here in the last few weeks - probably including those that I have started as well.

The amount of man / child hours that have been devoted on here to fretting, worrying and a range of crank conspiracy theories is just startling.

We are doing very well this season. Celebrate!

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 17, 2020, 01:40:40 pm by DRNaith »
This is about the only sane thread on here in the last few weeks - probably including those that I have started as well.

The amount of man / child hours that have been devoted on here to fretting, worrying and a range of crank conspiracy theories is just startling.

We are doing very well this season. Celebrate!

Give it ten minutes and it won't be a sane thread :)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 17, 2020, 01:42:41 pm by the vicar »
I'm not in the same boat as you, the fan base in already in meltdown

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 17, 2020, 01:46:54 pm by IDM »

I disagree.. the only meltdown are those who use social media to promulgate their more extreme viewpoints..

There will be many, many more who are concerned yet don’t see the need to shout about it.

We aren’t in such a bad place, and we have a good team out there to support tomorrow..

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 17, 2020, 01:53:19 pm by Chris Black come back »
When the mob turned on Liam Hoden you knew that all hope for even vaguely reasoned debate was lost.

I can only presume that years of Premier League indoctrination of the masses that equates progress only to acquisition and also the popularity of Championship Manager has contributed to this seeming loss of any sane or logical thought process.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 01:56:36 pm by Chris Black come back »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 17, 2020, 01:55:27 pm by the vicar »

I disagree.. the only meltdown are those who use social media to promulgate their more extreme viewpoints..

There will be many, many more who are concerned yet don’t see the need to shout about it.

We aren’t in such a bad place, and we have a good team out there to support tomorrow..
not when I'm in town or in the ground, I have lots of arguments about this matter every time I go to a game. You obviously don't talk to many people then or you would see it

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 17, 2020, 02:16:43 pm by IDM »
I concentrate on the game, to be honest..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 17, 2020, 02:23:38 pm by the vicar »
OK smart arse lol I meant before the game and half time

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 17, 2020, 02:32:52 pm by IDM »
Same thing.. I travel some distance to games alone, and vary where I sit.  I sometimes exchange comments with other supporters nearby, but that’s it..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 17, 2020, 02:36:06 pm by the vicar »
I know  loads in the south stand and they talk to me with other people I don't know but it is always the same topic of conversation not getting anyone in the budget and the club in general

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 17, 2020, 02:56:24 pm by andyst79 »
I concentrate on the game, to be honest..
Would take 3 points Saturday over any new signings

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 17, 2020, 02:57:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Good. Let's add a bit of commonsense into the melt and re-cast them.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 17, 2020, 02:57:33 pm by the vicar »
I would take both but I'm greedy lol

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 17, 2020, 03:03:21 pm by anton123 »
If we don’t push on this season do people really think we will next season , keeper gone , Anderson gone , whiteman gone that’s the worry for me is that we are missing a big opportunity this year that may not come back round for a long time

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 17, 2020, 03:05:50 pm by IDM »
There’s always a market for our best players to move on, but no guarantee they will either..

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 17, 2020, 03:14:07 pm by sha66y »

If we don’t make it this season then top 2 will be the target next season. Top 6 is the next best option.  :)

I sort of agree !

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 17, 2020, 03:15:24 pm by sha66y »
We have a great chance of a top six finish this season.

Of course we do...but I personally don’t think we have the team to take us to the next stage as it stands..

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 17, 2020, 03:17:09 pm by sha66y »

We are fifth in the points per game table.

Our record against teams who are currently looking like being in the hunt for top 6 places (I'd go down as far as Bristol Rovers in 11th) is:

P14 W7 D3 L4 Pts 24 PPG1.71  Which is play of form in those matches against the top teams alone.

What makes you think we can't have a proper tilt this year?

We are already “ having a tilt” ...but we are in many peoples opinion a few real quality players short, and I think next year will be our year....

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 17, 2020, 03:21:54 pm by sha66y »
If we don’t push on this season do people really think we will next season , keeper gone , Anderson gone , whiteman gone that’s the worry for me is that we are missing a big opportunity this year that may not come back round for a long time

We don’t actually have a god given right to accomplish anything this season, but DM is working wonders from where I’m sat....
Has for the players you say may leave.......... I doubt it!
We are in re-build for the future ...this is a marathon after all !
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 03:25:04 pm by sha66y »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 17, 2020, 03:29:13 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
What on earth would the whingers have done if this was 20 years ago, no internet and we usually got f**k-all news from the club in those days apart from a 'we've bought/sold so-and-so' after it had happened? The sense of entitlement these 'fans' seem to have is pathetic.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 03:34:25 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 17, 2020, 03:30:35 pm by sha66y »

But why??
We are quite a plucky team with good players playing good if not great football...
If those around you are more intent on moaning and pondering the what if’s , ...instead of enjoying Doncaster Rovers playing great football, then you are in a bad place....lol

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 17, 2020, 03:56:13 pm by the vicar »
They say we can't get players in or we don't want to, he club are playing at it, club doncaster is costing rovers too much funds the directors don't want to pay out these are all the things I'm hearing from them

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 17, 2020, 04:00:05 pm by IDM »
I see.. unsubstantiated opinions then..

What’s that people say, opinions are like arseholes..

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 17, 2020, 04:09:07 pm by sha66y »
They say we can't get players in or we don't want to, he club are playing at it, club doncaster is costing rovers too much funds the directors don't want to pay out these are all the things I'm hearing from them

But do you believe these silly rumours ?
next time someone voices an opinion that sounds like a fact, just ask them politely to explain what their source is for the information....

I think you will find that most gossip stems from frustration , and is inaccurate unless made public by the correct authorities....

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 17, 2020, 04:10:10 pm by the vicar »
But it's there options not yours that's all they will and do say, it needs the club to come out and make a big statement and tell everyone how it is and the truth or our fan base will drop and we don't want that any of us, and we can't sit on here saying let them go to another club because the club will go down and down with out the fans, as they and we are the club

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 17, 2020, 04:13:09 pm by the vicar »

But do you believe these silly rumours ?
next time someone voices an opinion that sounds like a fact, just ask them politely to explain what their source is for the information....

I think you will find that most gossip stems from frustration , and is inaccurate unless made public by the correct authorities....

No i don't believe that ask Gavin he will tell you what I think of the club and always have.  As for telling them all you suggest, I have done that and they say it's talking a load of shit

TinyPortal © 2005-2012