Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:58:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Well  (Read 3876 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Well
« on January 18, 2020, 10:13:48 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Ive read some absolute garbage on here and has been previously said you could name them prior to posting at 16.45 if we happen to have lost  ;)

Do we have the divine right to win every game 6-0 no we don't.

Do we have the divine right to insist  the directors they spend their untold wealth on the club no we don't.

Do we have the divine right to insist they carry on putting a couple of million of their own money in a season no we don't.

Do we have the divine right to insist the Manager spends some of the untold directors millions on a player just for the sake of it to appease the fans no we don't.

Do we appreciate the Directors chucking a couple of million in a season just so we have a club to support  well I do  because if they didnt there would be no Doncaster Rovers to support

Do we need a striker  yes we do
Do we just sign anybody for the sake of it no we don't
Do we wait and allow DM to sign the player he feels will fit and be a good influence  yes we do
With a threadbare squad we are doing well Januarys window is rubbish  most players up for grabs are not wanted by parent clubs and if they know you are desperate for a striker/midfielder/defender/goalie  you will pay big time for them

there you go my take on it 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Well
« Reply #1 on January 18, 2020, 10:24:28 pm by since-1969 »
Sell the club to people who won’t hide their beliefs that football just isn’t their game . This board inherited it from a huge man with a dream of big things John Ryan . By chance and nothing else they found themselves at the helm and unable to walk away without loosing money. , unlike JR who threw his entire fortune at it before bowing out this lot do the minimum only  . We have a board who have no belief that DRFC will rise to the heady heights of a Premier Club.
They should sell the club and walk away before everyone turns on their lack of truth about its budget and its transfers and its reluctance to invest from transfers . Sell Or invest but do one or the other !!

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 18, 2020, 10:27:29 pm by NewDonny »
Ive read some absolute garbage on here and has been previously said you could name them prior to posting at 16.45 if we happen to have lost  ;)

Do we have the divine right to insist  the directors they spend their untold wealth on the club no we don't.

Do we have the divine right to insist they carry on putting a couple of million of their own money in a season no we don't.

Do we have the divine right to insist the Manager spends some of the untold directors millions on a player just for the sake of it to appease the fans no we don't.

Do we appreciate the Directors chucking a couple of million in a season just so we have a club to support  well I do  because if they didnt there would be no Doncaster Rovers to support

Do we wait and allow DM to sign the player he feels will fit and be a good influence  yes we do
With a threadbare squad we are doing well Januarys window is rubbish  most players up for grabs are not wanted by parent clubs and if they know you are desperate for a striker/midfielder/defender/goalie  you will pay big time for them

Spot on DG.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 18, 2020, 10:47:55 pm by BigH »
Sell the club to people who won’t hide their beliefs that football just isn’t their game . This board inherited it from a huge man with a dream of big things John Ryan . By chance and nothing else they found themselves at the helm and unable to walk away without loosing money. , unlike JR who threw his entire fortune at it before bowing out this lot do the minimum only  . We have a board who have no belief that DRFC will rise to the heady heights of a Premier Club.
They should sell the club and walk away before everyone turns on their lack of truth about its budget and its transfers and its reluctance to invest from transfers . Sell Or invest but do one or the other !!
[Sigh]

Where to begin?

You say this board inherited it from a huge man with a dream of big things; John Ryan.

No, this Board had invested alongside JR since 2006. It was their injection of capital that largely supported our years in the Championship.

You say that by chance and nothing else they found themselves at the helm and unable to walk away without loosing money. , unlike JR who threw his entire fortune at it before bowing out this lot do the minimum only  .

On the contrary, JR realised that he couldn't keep up with the investment required to keep the club in the Championship. Spaffing the rest of his fortune up against the wall, particularly as the 2008 financial crisis had probably put a dent in his property interests, was the last thing he could afford to do. You will recall 'the experiment' which JR initiated in an attempt to try and avoid having to blow millions. When this failed he tried to get a dodgy Irish investment group to put money in. That failed too. What remained consistent throughout was the commitment of Bramhall and Watson, doling out a couple of million each year to cover losses and keep the ship afloat. Some 'minimum'.

You say we have a board who have no belief that DRFC will rise to the heady heights of a Premier Club.

Are you cracked! I'm a fan and I have no belief that we will rise to the heady heights of a Premier Club. No shame in that; we don't have the fan base, the stadium, the heritage. If that's what you want then go follow Leeds or Wednesday.

Then you say, they should sell the club and walk away before everyone turns on their lack of truth about its budget and its transfers and its reluctance to invest from transfers . Sell Or invest but do one or the other !!

Sell to whom exactly? Go on, I'd love to hear your suggestions because I'm sure there's a list as long as your arm of Indian chicken farmers, Latvian money launderers or Russian oligarchs just waiting to plough their dough into little old Rovers, just waiting to chase the dream.

I just hope that the Board or shareholders don't read any of this drivel. But hey, perhaps the only way to stop it is for them to lose interest, leave us in a real hole and to let guys like you have your wish. But, as they say, be careful what you wish for...

« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 10:54:11 pm by BigH »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 18, 2020, 10:55:49 pm by tyke1962 »

Good grief .

Easy to spend someone else's money innit .

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 18, 2020, 11:05:18 pm by the vicar »
who are we going to sell the club to, I don't see a big queue banging the door down do you we could get one of the tyrants that strip us like Hull Cardiff Blackpool Oldham Sunderland and all the other clubs before then, be careful what you wish for

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 18, 2020, 11:14:35 pm by since-1969 »
Forget the past the future is vague as a  Brexit commercial . Invest or sell if DRFC is to grow .

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 18, 2020, 11:15:34 pm by roversdude »
The board work tirelessly and invest THEIR MONEY in the club - ffs get real 1969. Did you work for Keepmoat and get sacked because you seem to have an axe to grind.
JR was brilliant at the time but brought on other investors as he realised he couldn’t bankroll the club. Some investors were good ie the current board, others got disbarred.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 18, 2020, 11:16:04 pm by roversdude »
Are you putting a bid in ?

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 18, 2020, 11:17:50 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Forget the past the future is vague as a  Brexit commercial . Invest or sell if DRFC is to grow .

You’re taking the piss now

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 18, 2020, 11:25:22 pm by since-1969 »

No the board are . In about months time or so you will like me be receiving a letter asking you take advantage of early bird discounts for 20/21 . Just remember that they’ve cut investment by half this year and sold over £2m worth the talent and re-invested none of it .

Belle Vue Boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 18, 2020, 11:41:20 pm by Belle Vue Boy »
Tell you what 1969, if your that unhappy with rovers current state have a pop over to bury on a sat afternoon, them lot will cheer you right up with stories on how they'd love to watch a game on a sat at the very least

I know where I'd rather be  :rtid:

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 18, 2020, 11:42:30 pm by Bessie Red »

No the board are . In about months time or so you will like me be receiving a letter asking you take advantage of early bird discounts for 20/21 . Just remember that they’ve cut investment by half this year and sold over £2m worth the talent and re-invested none of it .
That's their prerogative!! So putting in upto 2 million of their own money every year is taking the piss is it? Is your full title "Talking shit since 1969"

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 18, 2020, 11:53:29 pm by tyke1962 »

I'm going to tell you about unrealistic ambitions and the modern world of football because I've lived it and seen the consequences .

My club thought we were a player and we were at the fag end of the 90's and into the millennium .

Had a season in the PL mixing it with the big boys and even relegation after a season it came with the benefits of having the brand to sign Craig Hignett , Bruce Dyer , Neil Shipperley and Mike Sheron , the money we paid these players was incredible and gambled on getting back to the PL to be able to justify it .

Put in a manager with a history of promotions to the PL in Dave Bassett and away you go , happy days .

Aye until you lose the Play Off final as we did to Ipswich Town in 2000 and then the whole thing collapses like a pack of cards .

Before you can blink you are in League One and in administration , todays financial rules would have had us with a points deduction and certain League Two football .

As it was we had to win the final home game of the 2002/03 to sustain league one football , we were five minutes away from dropping right through the leagues without a pot to pyss in .

The modern game cuts you down to nothing when you lose control of the finances .

Never ever again do I want to see a repeat of those days , we were within 24 hours of going out of business altogether , I kid you not .

Dreams are fine , realistic dreams are finer .
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 11:56:36 pm by tyke1962 »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 18, 2020, 11:58:50 pm by since-1969 »

That's their prerogative!! So putting in upto 2 million of their own money every year is taking the piss is it? Is your full title "Talking shit since 1969"
Yes your 100% right   “it’s their prerogative”  yet they are doing the least they have to keep it going  , the wages are at their lowest since L2 and no transfer funds spend,  because it’s not important it’s just business to them , not a passion or a love but a chore nothing more .

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 18, 2020, 11:59:55 pm by dknward2 »
Let's try it this way since 1969 I don't like your house, improve it by putting in a new kitchen and bathrooms also new conservatory plus I want under floor heating on the driveway and if your not willing to do that sell it to someone else who is willing to do that

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 19, 2020, 12:00:02 am by redarmi66 »

Do you drink?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 19, 2020, 12:02:17 am by since-1969 »
Let's try it this way since 1969 I don't like your house, improve it by putting in a new kitchen and bathrooms also new conservatory plus I want under floor heating on the driveway and if your not willing to do that sell it to someone else who is willing to do that
Do you want a quote ?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 19, 2020, 12:08:32 am by dknward2 »
I give you 50 quid for your house as is.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 12:13:42 am by dknward2 »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 19, 2020, 12:12:51 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Perhaps we can find another Ken Richardson to invest in Rovers...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 12:15:21 am by Glyn_Wigley »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 19, 2020, 12:36:18 am by RoversAlias »
Some excellent posts in this thread. Obviously none of them were by since-1969.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 19, 2020, 12:41:35 am by since-1969 »
I have new kitchen and new Bathroom and a new conservatory all under 3 years old and it would be ridiculous to put under floor heating on a driveway . So what’s your point !!!

pigeonhole

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 19, 2020, 12:41:52 am by pigeonhole »

I’m not purposefully being rude or disrespectful and I apologise in advance if you’re offended by this question. Do you have learning difficulties? You’ve written 3109 posts and all 3109 have contained at least one spelling or grammar error so you obviously struggle with English. And the points you make show such a lack of coherent thought that I feel bad getting annoyed by them because I’m convinced you have special needs and can’t help it.

If this is the case, let us know.  I’m sure you’ll get a much more sympathetic response from folk.

If this isn’t the case then please, give the trolling a rest. It’s really tiresome.

DRFC_TID_93

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 19, 2020, 12:59:00 am by DRFC_TID_93 »
I have new kitchen and new Bathroom and a new conservatory all under 3 years old and it would be ridiculous to put under floor heating on a driveway . So what’s your point !!!

We have a young and developing defence and midfield, most under 25 years old and it would be ridiculous to invest 2 million quid in a striker given our budget when he may get injured or not fit the system. So what's your point?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 19, 2020, 06:09:24 am by roversdude »
So why continue buying a season ticket for something you don’t believe in

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 19, 2020, 07:25:14 am by dickos1 »

I agree with some of this but nobody is suggesting we should be winning 6-0 each week. Nobody is suggesting the directors put more money in, but we’re constantly told any extra revenue will be spent on the team, from the end of last season we’ve recouped a lot of money on wage savings and players being sold yet this hasn’t been spent yet so they wouldn’t be putting extra money in just spending the money they’re recouped.
And nobody is suggesting we sign players for the sake of it, Moore has targeted players he wants and feels we need and hasn’t been able to get them over the line.
So Darren has found the players he feels will fit and found the players he feels we need he just hasn’t been able to get them to sign.

I just don’t understand this concept people keep going on about signing players for the sake of it and waiting for him to find the players he really wants.
That’s obviously not the issue he knows who he wants he just can’t get them to come

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 19, 2020, 09:00:28 am by Campsall rover »

Well put Dagenham Rover.
What i have been saying, good to hear from some others who live in the real world.  :)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 19, 2020, 09:10:28 am by since-1969 »

I’m not purposefully being rude or disrespectful and I apologise in advance if you’re offended by this question. Do you have learning difficulties? You’ve written 3109 posts and all 3109 have contained at least one spelling or grammar error so you obviously struggle with English. And the points you make show such a lack of coherent thought that I feel bad getting annoyed by them because I’m convinced you have special needs and can’t help it.

If this is the case, let us know.  I’m sure you’ll get a much more sympathetic response from folk.

If this isn’t the case then please, give the trolling a rest. It’s really tiresome.

most on here resort to insults because the can’t coherently proportion an argument. My point for the simples in here is THAT the club is withholding investment in the first team and it’s plainly obvious to anyone with an unbiased  opinion ,based on the indisputable evidence before us all .

pigeonhole

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 19, 2020, 09:30:35 am by pigeonhole »
It wasn’t meant as an insult. Some people have learning difficulties. You present the characteristics of someone with learning difficulties. That doesn’t make you or your opinions any less valid.

Of course, I think you’re wrong. The club aren’t withholding investment. They’re working to a budget. They spend what the club earns. And the team and management are doing brilliantly when you consider the resources at the disposal of some of our competitors and I, for one, am very happy that the people running the club aren’t willing to jeopardise the existence of the club five generations of my family have supported over the last 80 years. 

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 19, 2020, 09:54:58 am by since-1969 »
It wasn’t meant as an insult. Some people have learning difficulties. You present the characteristics of someone with learning difficulties. That doesn’t make you or your opinions any less valid.

Of course, I think you’re wrong. The club aren’t withholding investment. They’re working to a budget. They spend what the club earns. And the team and management are doing brilliantly when you consider the resources at the disposal of some of our competitors and I, for one, am very happy that the people running the club aren’t willing to jeopardise the existence of the club five generations of my family have supported over the last 80 years.
patronising though insult it’s your only weapon!! the club has kept the same budget that was in place prior to Club Doncaster , The Dons, The Belles And DNA so consequently they are diverting monies that normally goes to the first team.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012