Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 03:10:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sadlier  (Read 8776 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Sadlier
« on January 18, 2020, 11:19:22 pm by roversdude »
Anyone know the extent of his injury, any news on his contract?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Sadlier
« Reply #1 on January 18, 2020, 11:28:41 pm by since-1969 »
Anyone know the extent of his injury, any news on his contract?
According to DM a broken nose but he’ll live. His contract is ...... leaving in summer is my bet !

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 19, 2020, 12:10:32 am by steve@dcfd »
Sadlier and his representatives have not agreed the new contract he’s been offered. We have been told that getting new signings in is not a money issue. Therefore one can assume Sadlier’s contract is not a money issue and must be time related. He says he is happy here so we should be able to convince him to sign.
On the flip side he could be just running his contract down, as he did in Ireland, to get better deal elsewhere in the summer.

Cbrover24

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 19, 2020, 12:48:09 am by Cbrover24 »
Now don’t get me wrong, I like Sadler, and think he is a good player, however if he does not sign the contract we have given him, is it such a bad thing?? Throughout the years, teams have to evolve and move on and hopefully get better players than what they had! But if we can improve it with a better player, than so be it! Now I now what people will say, can’t make a signing, no one wants to come here etc.... but don’t forget this is a small transfer window when 95% of the decent players we are after/want are playing first team football with someone else!! Summer signings are when the real business is done, quality players than mean business that can show what we’re about!! Think about it, last season we were f**ked over by McCann who left us in a position no one could of imagined, Moore has come in, took his time to look at the squad and brought in that has competed at this level pretty well!! I think the problem is, last season we were a very entertaining team to watch, at one point we were the top scorers in the whole football league bar Liverpool and Man City, but we also conceded quite a few too!! If we had this seasons back 5, in last seasons squad we would of pissed the league and run away with it like Liverpool are doing this season, but that’s in hindsight, however, what happens this season I’m pretty confident we will be in a much better position come this time next season than this!!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 19, 2020, 11:08:28 am by mrfrostsdad »
Now don’t get me wrong, I like Sadler, and think he is a good player, however if he does not sign the contract we have given him, is it such a bad thing?? Throughout the years, teams have to evolve and move on and hopefully get better players than what they had! But if we can improve it with a better player, than so be it! Now I now what people will say, can’t make a signing, no one wants to come here etc.... but don’t forget this is a small transfer window when 95% of the decent players we are after/want are playing first team football with someone else!! Summer signings are when the real business is done, quality players than mean business that can show what we’re about!! Think about it, last season we were f**ked over by McCann who left us in a position no one could of imagined, Moore has come in, took his time to look at the squad and brought in that has competed at this level pretty well!! I think the problem is, last season we were a very entertaining team to watch, at one point we were the top scorers in the whole football league bar Liverpool and Man City, but we also conceded quite a few too!! If we had this seasons back 5, in last seasons squad we would of pissed the league and run away with it like Liverpool are doing this season, but that’s in hindsight, however, what happens this season I’m pretty confident we will be in a much better position come this time next season than this!!
[/quote

Thomas and Bingham??

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 19, 2020, 06:56:31 pm by GazLaz »
I think his performances have dropped off in the last month or so. Possibly linked to all this.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 19, 2020, 07:24:14 pm by Campsall rover »
Sadlier and his representatives have not agreed the new contract he’s been offered. We have been told that getting new signings in is not a money issue. Therefore one can assume Sadlier’s contract is not a money issue and must be time related. He says he is happy here so we should be able to convince him to sign.
On the flip side he could be just running his contract down, as he did in Ireland, to get better deal elsewhere in the summer.
Leaving it to his agent to sort. That’s what i have been told he said.

Need i say any more. They aren’t a problem are they. Not much they are not.
Yes as i said there are some good agents but they are in a minority imo.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 09:17:50 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 19, 2020, 07:31:03 pm by Campsall rover »
Brilliant post Cbrover24  Nail on the head with that post. Pleased you can see what i can see.
Just a pity some of our supporters can’t see the reality of what you have posted and are going into meltdown on our recruitment.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 19, 2020, 07:33:40 pm by dickos1 »

Yes as i said there are some good agents but they are in a minority.

Almost every player in the land will leave it to their agent.
That’s what they are there for

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 19, 2020, 07:39:36 pm by Campsall rover »

Do you know how argumentative a person you are. You would argue blue is black and orange is red.

Yes of course that’s what they are for. Doesn’t make it a good thing though does it.

Give it a rest.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 19, 2020, 07:46:39 pm by NewDonny »

Do you know how argumentative a person you are. You would argue blue is black and orange is red.

Yes of course that’s what they are for. Doesn’t make it a good thing though does it.

Give it a rest.

But he's right Campsall, that's is what they are there for. And let's be straight here, football clubs rely heavily on agents and their relationships with agents to get them players they want, often clubs have relationships with an agent just to make contact with a players agent. So it's not a one street and all about player agents having clubs over, that's a thing of the very dark and distant past.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 19, 2020, 07:47:14 pm by Jonathan »
I think his performances have dropped off in the last month or so. Possibly linked to all this.

I think it comes down to how we use the attacking areas of the pitch. Against Shrewsbury we managed to get the ball out to the left with space in front of Sads, and we scored two goals and created other chances from it. Yesterday, for example, we barely worked the ball out there at all. It wouldn’t have mattered if we’d had Kevin De Bruyne out there if you don’t get the ball to him. We either knocked it long to Ennis or played through Halliday and Taylor who, for all their efforts, didn’t create any chances other than Taylor’s shot.

It’s frustrating as we’ve seen that if Sadlier gets the ball in the right areas he can make things happen. James too who has showed he can do damage down the left. We just don’t seem to use both sides of the pitch in a balanced way.

I don’t feel it’s a loss of form personally, it’s an issue of how we use players. I don’t think anyone would shine out there in that system yesterday.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 07:49:18 pm by Jonathan »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 19, 2020, 07:53:18 pm by Campsall rover »

Give it a rest.

But he's right Campsall, that's is what they are there for. And let's be straight here, football clubs rely heavily on agents and their relationships with agents to get them players they want, often clubs have relationships with an agent just to make contact with a players agent. So it's not a one street and all about player agents having clubs over, that's a thing of the very dark and distant past.
That may be the case but imo they are the worst thing to happen to our game in the last 25 years.
Far too much money going into their pockets and not being recycled around the football clubs which is where it should be going.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 19, 2020, 07:56:02 pm by NewDonny »

Give it a rest.

That may be the case but imo they are the worst thing to happen to our game in the last 25 years.
Far too much money going into their pockets and not being recycled around the football clubs which is where it should be going.

OK, thats your opinion.

Out of interest, have you actually had any contact with or ever spoken with a football/sports agent or actually had any exposure with an agency to actually understand what a players or clubs agency does Campsall?

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 19, 2020, 07:58:02 pm by no eyed deer »
Brilliant post Cbrover24  Nail on the head with that post. Pleased you can see what i can see.
Just a pity some of our supporters can’t see the reality of what you have posted and are going into meltdown on our recruitment.

Campsall, I’m glad your a few levels above most of the Rovers fans when it comes to intelligence.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 19, 2020, 08:08:57 pm by IDM »
[/quote

Thomas and Bingham??

They were signed out of the window, after we lost other players to injury, especially Sterling..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 19, 2020, 08:18:53 pm by dickos1 »

Give it a rest.

Are you for real?
If you put something on here that isn’t correct you’ve got to expect people picking you up on it.
I imagine there are bad agents and then there are excellent agents.
Not all of them will be trying to rip clubs off,

To make a sweeping statement like you keep doing is just wrong

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 19, 2020, 08:23:44 pm by NickDRFC »
Campsall, open your eyes. However much of a cut agents are taking, it’s not isolated to Rovers. All players who are moving are being touted around by their agents who of course are looking for a cut. It’s the way it is. We aren’t missing out on targets by refusing to pay agents fees any more than any other League One club is.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 19, 2020, 08:27:46 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall, I’m glad your a few levels above most of the Rovers fans when it comes to intelligence.
Don’t know whether you are being sarcastic or not.
Suspect you are as i am intelligent enough to see that.  ;)

Seriously though i am no more intelligent than the average man in the street as it happens. Believe it or not.
Pleased you think i am a few levels above most Rovers fans though. That’s very kind of you.  :)

It is just unbelievable that people can’t see the situation DM was in when he arrived in July.
It was plainly obvious that he was not going to go out and rush to get new bodies in when he hadn’t had the opportunity to have a good look at the squad he inherited.
Marquis leaving in the final days of the window left him in no other position than to bring in a loan striker.

As for January well this topic is going round and round in circles isn’t it.
As DM himself said publicly “ January is a very difficult window to do deals as clubs are reluctant to let players leave”
Now seriously is that too difficult to understand or is DM lying.

In the summer there will be dozens upon dozens of players who are out of contract when our beleaguered manager will be in a position to get on with some serious recruitment for our ambitious Club. Yes ambitious they are.
Do you think DM would have come to us if we were not. Also do you think he is on a below ave League 1 salary. No he will not be.

Give the man a chance. Why is it we have to have instant success. Let him build the squad he wants and give him the required time to do it.

Seriously hope our manager doesn’t read the posts on this forum. He wouldn’t be able to sleep at nights.

Right i have said my piece.

No doubt many of you still think I am wrong but that’s not my problem that’s yours.

I can see where the club are going and i have the utmost respect  for the way they go about the day to day business of running the club.
Proud to be a Rover.  :rtid: :scarf:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 08:48:10 pm by Campsall rover »

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 19, 2020, 08:31:32 pm by Jonathan »
I and most people I know have used agents to look after employment interests and of course they take a cut when placing. It’s upscaled in football as a wealthier industry. I wouldn’t expect a football player to be looking after contract negotiations themselves, it’s too distracting and counter productive when they’re professional athletes with a remit to win games. Why shouldn’t we pay and deal with agents?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 19, 2020, 08:31:39 pm by Campsall rover »

Give it a rest.

Are you for real?
If you put something on here that isn’t correct you’ve got to expect people picking you up on it.
I imagine there are bad agents and then there are excellent agents.
Not all of them will be trying to rip clubs off,

To make a sweeping statement like you keep doing is just wrong
Just said there are good agents as well as bad ones. Do you read my posts!!!
No sweeping statements made at all.
There is good and bad in all walks of life. This forum is a pretty good example of that at times.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 19, 2020, 08:34:18 pm by dickos1 »
Yep
You said they’re in the minority,
How do you know?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 19, 2020, 08:45:55 pm by Campsall rover »
Yep
How do you know?
I don’t know, it is my opinion. Nearly all my posts are just opinions.

You obviously do know that they are in a majority or minority i suspect.

Can we end it there as you are coming back to me on every post again. Please can we leave this one there.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 19, 2020, 08:51:19 pm by Campsall rover »
Campsall, open your eyes. However much of a cut agents are taking, it’s not isolated to Rovers. All players who are moving are being touted around by their agents who of course are looking for a cut. It’s the way it is. We aren’t missing out on targets by refusing to pay agents fees any more than any other League One club is.
Don’t worry Nick my eyes are well and truly open. More than can be said about some.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 19, 2020, 08:53:06 pm by ravenrover »
Works 2 ways Campsall, you go at Dickos he goes at you. If you give it you have to be able to take it

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 19, 2020, 09:01:15 pm by Campsall rover »
Works 2 ways Campsall, you go at Dickos he goes at you. If you give it you have to be able to take it
Fair enough but i am being accused of saying things i clearly have not said as he doesn’t read my posts correctly.
Surely i am allowed to point that out.
I am not looking for an argument we are supposed to be having a discussion and Dickos seems to want to turn it into an argument which is crazy.
We are both supposed to have the interests of the club we both support at heart.
Why is it impossible to have a sensible discussion without being told my opinions which is all that they are of course are wrong.  :facepalm:

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 19, 2020, 09:05:34 pm by NewDonny »
Yep
How do you know?
I don’t know, it is my opinion. Nearly all my posts are just opinions.

You obviously do know that they are in a majority or minority i suspect.

Can we end it there as you are coming back to me on every post again. Please can we leave this one there.

Campsall I see you have conveniently not answered my question in my last post, that maybe because it slipped your notice but you seem to have answered everyone else's posts to you?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 19, 2020, 09:08:14 pm by dickos1 »
Fair enough but i am being accused of saying things i clearly have not said as he doesn’t read my posts correctly.
Surely i am allowed to point that out.
I am not looking for an argument we are supposed to be having a discussion and Dickos seems to want to turn it into an argument which is crazy.
We are both supposed to have the interests of the club we both support at heart.
Why is it impossible to have a sensible discussion without being told my opinions which is all that they are of course are wrong.  :facepalm:

But I’m saying nothing different to what others are saying to you, yet it’s me looking for an argument

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 19, 2020, 09:11:55 pm by Campsall rover »

Give it a rest.

OK, thats your opinion.

Out of interest, have you actually had any contact with or ever spoken with a football/sports agent or actually had any exposure with an agency to actually understand what a players or clubs agency does Campsall?
No I haven’t.
So do you think Agents in general are a good thing for Football or do you think the game was in a better place before the advent of Agents?
Genuine question.
Before i get lambasted again may i point out that i believe there are good ones and bad ones.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 19, 2020, 09:17:01 pm by IDM »
Yes agents are necessary - someone has to hell the players sort contracts and transfers etc.

However the agents work for the players, but clubs pay the fees.. that’s an oddity isn’t it.?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012