Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 01:58:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rotherham KO  (Read 5552 times)

stuey

• Forum Member
Rotherham KO
« on January 22, 2020, 03:02:03 pm by stuey »
Kick off brought forward to 1230 on "police advice"

Ridiculous but not a surprise

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
Re: Rotherham KO
« Reply #1 on January 22, 2020, 03:13:05 pm by 5 on Tour »
Next up South Yorkshire police should try actually sorting the fan segregation after the match. Half the police were stood at the station.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 22, 2020, 03:26:20 pm by Metalmicky »
Kick off brought forward to 1230 on "police advice"

Ridiculous but not a surprise

TBF, they have to get their overtime somehow.......

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 22, 2020, 05:49:20 pm by scawsby steve »
Next up South Yorkshire police should try actually sorting the fan segregation after the match. Half the police were stood at the station.

Dead right mate. The situation at Rotherham is ridiculous, where the away supporters have to run the gauntlet below the home supporters gathered at the fencing outside the main stand. The abuse and spitting is continuous, and the police just stand there and do nothing about it.

At the match two years ago, I complained to one of the coppers about it, and he just shrugged his shoulders and did nothing.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 22, 2020, 07:18:25 pm by Padge_DRFC »
What difference does it make? People will start drinking at 7am instead of 10am

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 22, 2020, 09:44:12 pm by 5 on Tour »

Dead right mate. The situation at Rotherham is ridiculous, where the away supporters have to run the gauntlet below the home supporters gathered at the fencing outside the main stand. The abuse and spitting is continuous, and the police just stand there and do nothing about it.

At the match two years ago, I complained to one of the coppers about it, and he just shrugged his shoulders and did nothing.

It’s shocking. My eldest says he doesn’t want to go to Rotherham again because of the scenes after the match. My middle one thinks he’s Tyson so he’s well up for it - at 8 years old.

We complained to a copper as well and he said “it’s always like this in derby matches”. I’ve been to the Glasgow and 2nd city derbies and neither would allow one set of fans to stand above the other. Shite policing to blame.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 22, 2020, 10:20:18 pm by silent majority »
Last March we set up an IAG, an independent advisory group for South Yorkshire Police. We have been helping SYP transform the way that they have been Policing football in SY from that confrontational style to one that reflects neighbourhood Policing.

We've made some great progress and would appreciate it if you could follow our twitter feed on @sypiag

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 22, 2020, 10:46:52 pm by Scooter »

It’s shocking. My eldest says he doesn’t want to go to Rotherham again because of the scenes after the match. My middle one thinks he’s Tyson so he’s well up for it - at 8 years old.

We complained to a copper as well and he said “it’s always like this in derby matches”. I’ve been to the Glasgow and 2nd city derbies and neither would allow one set of fans to stand above the other. Shite policing to blame.

My young boys now don’t want to go to Rotherham again after last time and the even wouldn’t go to Rotherham at home because they were really upset by the trouble

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 22, 2020, 10:56:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I won't be going again anytime soon after last season. Do I have to accept some of our fans are moronic. No! Trampling over women and children just so they can make a show of themselves towards the opposition fans. And that was before the farce outside.

Boisterous yes, pathetic subhuman thuggery, no.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 23, 2020, 07:17:00 am by Barmby Rover »
After the morons observed at Scunthorpe and Rotherham last season who supposedly "support" Rovers, I will not go to another away match. I don't want to be associated with the idiotic posturing and stupidity that seems to be the norm from our away support, culminating on a ballboy being spat at the Bristol game last season. Rovers did nothing about the behaviour at Rotherham or Scunthorpe as far as I know, the club needs to take a long hard look at itself as well as being concerned with the policing of matches.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 23, 2020, 08:46:55 am by Campsall rover »
I won't be going again anytime soon after last season. Do I have to accept some of our fans are moronic. No! Trampling over women and children just so they can make a show of themselves towards the opposition fans. And that was before the farce outside.

We have had no trouble at all at any away matches this season that i have been to. I have only missed Ipswich, Gillingham in the cup and Bristol Rovers.
It does seem the thugs only come out when we play Scunthorpe and Rotherham.
Following Rovers away is a very pleasant experience ( especially when we win  :) ) and you should not be put off by going to most away games DBR.
Yes the scenes at Rotherham last season were a disgrace and the policing of it was a shambles.
At Scunthorpe the stewarding is very poor and has been for many years now and people are allowed to stand where they want which is is not acceptable.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 08:49:22 am by Campsall rover »

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 23, 2020, 09:25:23 am by Colin C No.3 »

I’m with you on that one DonnyBaz. I was sickened by the actions of so called Rovers supporters sat (stood, all game) around me last season at Rotherham. Men in their 50’s effing & blinding, making hand gestures to the Rotherham supporters closest to us, no interest in watching the game, all blathered, not one wearing any colours. It was like a throw back to the 70’s.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 23, 2020, 09:27:40 am by ravenrover »
Last March we set up an IAG, an independent advisory group for South Yorkshire Police. We have been helping SYP transform the way that they have been Policing football in SY from that confrontational style to one that reflects neighbourhood Policing.

We've made some great progress and would appreciate it if you could follow our twitter feed on @sypiag

If the home game against Rotherham was anything to go by it was absolute chaos in Car Park 3 bit, more work required

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 23, 2020, 10:16:27 am by Axholme Lion »

Would this be the same Rotherham who called it on the season Wall got relegated and ran away crying like babies and phoned in to Radio Sheffield calling us scum! Oh the irony, ha ha.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 23, 2020, 10:32:45 am by silent majority »

If the home game against Rotherham was anything to go by it was absolute chaos in Car Park 3 bit, more work required

The home game against Rotherham was a DRFC exit plan. It didn't go as expected.

You misunderstand our role, we advise SYP on policing of football games, and in that there's been major changes this season, especially if you look at the policing of Shef Utd games in the Premiership and the compliments that has received. We can all be flippant.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 23, 2020, 12:03:53 pm by ravenrover »
Sorry SM no flippancy, everything was going fine until SYP turned up in force at CP3 exit that was when the chaos started.
Apologies if I misunderstood your role but if they can sort out a plan to deal with 25-30k at Sheff Utd what is the problem in sorting a crowd of 6-7k at Rotherham v Rovers?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 23, 2020, 12:16:47 pm by silent majority »
Sorry SM no flippancy, everything was going fine until SYP turned up in force at CP3 exit that was when the chaos started.
Apologies if I misunderstood your role but if they can sort out a plan to deal with 25-30k at Sheff Utd what is the problem in sorting a crowd of 6-7k at Rotherham v Rovers?

No problem, I just misinterpreted your response.

We created the IAG last March, and it consists of supporters from all SY clubs, SYP themselves, Safety Officers from all clubs, BTP, and a few other individuals depending on their role. I chair the meetings.

There has been relatively few changes to KO times this season, compared to previous, but we hope to eliminate these altogether. We've seen major changes in the style of Policing so far, less aggressive in your face style, to one of friendly, welcoming, and here to help neighbourhood style. We've got a way to go yet.

I've discussed the issue you refer to with the Police and the club, and again it's another case of learn from it and move on. It was a change the club felt would work, but it did have issues. I'm sure we'll get it right.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 23, 2020, 12:19:14 pm by Axholme Lion »
SYP couldn't handle the policing of the Chigley v Trumpton local derby without it ending in chaos.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 23, 2020, 12:26:13 pm by IDM »
Someone send a message out to Captain Snort.!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 23, 2020, 12:42:56 pm by Padge_DRFC »
We are one of the teams with least trouble at away games.

Not sure what people are referring to at Scunny in the league last year. No trouble with their fans. Yes most of the away end stood which pissed people off who didn't want to but very rarely do you see a sold out away end sat down. I think some people include this as trouble.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 23, 2020, 12:45:29 pm by silent majority »
SYP couldn't handle the policing of the Chigley v Trumpton local derby without it ending in chaos.

If you say so. The Millwall supporters were very complimentary of their visit to Brammal Lane at the back end of last season.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 23, 2020, 12:53:27 pm by German Rover »
I find it really frustrating, i was at the rotherham away game to watch the rovers play. I don't understand why people decide that the best way to support their team is to scream at the opposition fans 'PAEDO!' all afternoon.

Thrte will be some who defend this as 'banter' but the abuse handed out that day at people who weren't involved in the child abuse case, puts me off going to games.

Then what happened outside the ground also was horrific. Grown men trying to fight and spitting all over each other, while kids are about. Over what? The fact that rotherham is 20 minutes down the road.

Frankly pathetic

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 23, 2020, 12:55:52 pm by Filo »

It’s not surprising when Windy Miller and Mrs Dingle are about 😂😂😂

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 23, 2020, 01:09:11 pm by Pancho Regan »

Following Rovers away is a very pleasant experience

It was far from a pleasant experience at Rotherham last time, which is what the thread is about.

An away derby at Rotherham should be one of the highlights of the season, but I'm afraid, like others, I will be giving it a miss after the disgusting events last time.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 23, 2020, 01:48:40 pm by 5 on Tour »
I couldn’t care less what we chant or any other team chant. It’s just words.

Spitting from a higher level onto children however is beyond low. Any retaliation from Rovers fans who saw that is, in my opinion, completely justified. If someone spits at your child, or any child for that matter, you stand up for them. The high and mighty on here will be out in force claiming it’s not acceptable to do anything in return but, quite frankly, they are either wrong or scared.

I’m not defending anyone out to cause trouble, far from it, but when behaviour goes too far from other people you have to do something about it. One group of lads who tried to get at the Rotherham fans after the last away game were walking along care free until the 3 tools from Rovrum started the spitting. I was about 20 yards behind them at the time and the police just stood and watched what the home “fans” had done.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 23, 2020, 01:49:01 pm by Axholme Lion »

If you say so. The Millwall supporters were very complimentary of their visit to Brammal Lane at the back end of last season.

Well they can't have been in the subway under the roundabout after the match.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 23, 2020, 02:26:29 pm by Campsall rover »

Not sure what people are referring to at Scunny in the league last year. No trouble with their fans. Yes most of the away end stood which pissed people off who didn't want to but very rarely do you see a sold out away end sat down. I think some people include this as trouble.
Smoke bombs and unsociable behaviour is not acceptable Padge.
Why should senior citizens some of who have watched Rovers for over 60 years be treated in such a disgusting way by yobs. Sorry Padge if that isn’t a problem to you it should be.

Any way we have done this subject to death in the past so no point in starting again.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 02:33:55 pm by Campsall rover »

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 23, 2020, 02:47:14 pm by DRNaith »

Sound really good. However I can't let the opportunity pass to point out that the twitter handle is just one letter away from being quite funny

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 23, 2020, 02:55:58 pm by Pancho Regan »
I couldn’t care less what we chant or any other team chant. It’s just words.

That's not right 5 on Tour.

There's a lot of justified condemnation of racist chanting recently. I'm sure you wouldn't condone such chants as "just words"?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 23, 2020, 02:58:15 pm by Padge_DRFC »

Smoke bombs and unsociable behaviour is not acceptable Padge.
Why should senior citizens some of who have watched Rovers for over 60 years be treated in such a disgusting way by yobs. Sorry Padge if that isn’t a problem to you it should be.

Any way we have done this subject to death in the past so no point in starting again.

Apologies I didn't remember smoke bombs at Scunny in the league. Was there after our goal? If so fair enough. Other than that I thought the behaviour was okay. Never saw any trouble with opposition fans

TinyPortal © 2005-2012