Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:16:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Great result  (Read 2504 times)

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
Great result
« on January 24, 2020, 09:40:01 pm by Spilsby Red »
People won’t agree but a solid performance

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Al4475

• VSC Member
Re: Great result
« Reply #1 on January 24, 2020, 09:42:05 pm by Al4475 »
I agree.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 24, 2020, 09:42:45 pm by since-1969 »
With a decent striker it could well have been 3 points .

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 24, 2020, 09:42:58 pm by Guernsey Exile »
I agree

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 24, 2020, 09:44:20 pm by mushRTID »
I agree. Just so frustrating we’ve nowt up front.
We’d be top of the league with marquis up front

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 24, 2020, 09:44:54 pm by steve@dcfd »
I will agree good performance now come on let’s get that or those signings over the line. Shout for every player they all worked hard.

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 24, 2020, 09:45:10 pm by Peebles Rover »
1-2 players away from being a really good team. Oh for a striker

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 24, 2020, 09:45:39 pm by 5 on Tour »
We’ve conceded 1 goal in 5 games. One goal scorer away from fighting for the top.

Without looking for any negativity. Whiteman just did his interview on Sky. It was only on the headphones on my phone while walking but he twice mentioned how bare the squad is.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 24, 2020, 09:47:41 pm by mushRTID »
We’ve conceded 1 goal in 5 games. One goal scorer away from fighting for the top.

Without looking for any negativity. Whiteman just did his interview on Sky. It was only on the headphones on my phone while walking but he twice mentioned how bare the squad is.

It’s not a negative it’s a fact. It must be frustrating for the players too being so close.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 24, 2020, 09:48:07 pm by Rovers91 »
Cracking result no doubt about it but it shows we could do with 3 very bare minimum this window. Big week now 3 points against Southend and some more bodies in for the last push.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 24, 2020, 09:48:18 pm by steve@dcfd »

Yes he did it can’t continue surely it won’t.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 24, 2020, 09:49:01 pm by Dare to dream! »
Decent result, will look even better if we win on Tuesday.

We desperately need a couple of good quality players and I think we can get play offs.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 24, 2020, 09:49:24 pm by Paul Simpson »
Superb from the team!! Yet again big Tom and Seny save the day!! Well done to the lads. Now bring a striker in for goodness sake!!! 👍😀

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 24, 2020, 09:49:44 pm by Spilsby Red »
We love our club. Always

The Dav

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 24, 2020, 09:51:43 pm by The Dav »
Great team spirit and solid at the back, would love to see the final piece of the zig saw and hopefully get a consistent striker in who knows how to hit the back of the onion sack !

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 24, 2020, 09:54:14 pm by tommy toes »
Great performance tonight.
Proud of em.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 24, 2020, 09:55:05 pm by Jonathan »
Excellent team performance. Dieng gives everyone confidence. Anderson was immense. Sheaf once again played well and Gomes’ first half was as strong and confident as I’ve seen him.

On the downside, Taylor was unbelievably wasteful. Sees so much of the ball and does so little with it at times.

SeahamRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 24, 2020, 09:56:26 pm by SeahamRover »
Solid performance

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 24, 2020, 09:57:36 pm by IDM »
Let’s not forget Sunderland have also conceded as few goals as we have.  Not sure we would have done much better - tonight - with a marquis like player..

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 24, 2020, 10:00:53 pm by adamtherover »
I agree 100%

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 24, 2020, 10:01:29 pm by acacia94 »
Thought previous 3 games we've had over last 2 seasons we've been badly outmuscled by Sunderland. We weren't tonight. Tough gritty performance and outplayed em in first half. Good stuff Donny. Really good.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 24, 2020, 10:01:54 pm by dickos1 »
Oh I think it’s pretty obvious we would’ve
Lots of times we got into good positions, good balls put in the box
But nobody with any instinct

Even the tv guys who’ve probably never seen us said it’s glaringly obvious we’re missing a goalscorer, and some cutting edge

uros-predic

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 24, 2020, 10:06:13 pm by uros-predic »
I know it's been done to death on another thread but it really frustrates me watching us have everyone in the box when defending set pieces. The majority of the time we have to defend 2 crosses as they have acres of space after we clear the first cross. It's a good job we've got the best centre half in the land!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 25, 2020, 12:38:39 am by scawsby steve »
That was a very good performance. In the first half, we passed the ball through their midfield, and Gomes and Sheaf were outstanding.

The second half was a backs to the wall performance, with our excellent defence giving away nothing.

A win against Southend, a couple of signings, and I'll be full of optimism again.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 25, 2020, 10:25:07 am by Lesonthewest »
Excellent performance, a real team display. Defensively we have the best centre halves in the league & a solid keeper behind them.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 25, 2020, 12:53:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I still felt we could nick it towards the end. If's and buts with Copps and Blair getting little time to effect the game. But, not taking away from the effort of the team to earn that point.

I hope people now accept, even celebrate, that in Sheaf and Gomes we have two very good players with bags of potential.

I don't know if it's just me but Ennis still looks a yard short of where he was before his injury albeit he is still putting a shift in.

Sunderland played as I expected them to at the Keepmoat, as their previous form suggested they were struggling at times, so where that came from a few weeks ago must have been an exception.

Probably like ourselves, they're not quite there yet with an ingredient or two to add to the pot.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 25, 2020, 02:58:40 pm by Alan Southstand »
I hope people now accept, even celebrate, that in Sheaf and Gomes we have two very good players with bags of potential.

I don't know if it's just me but Ennis still looks a yard short of where he was before his injury albeit he is still putting a shift in.

There is certainly potential there, DBR, but only one of them is our player.

I agree with you on Ennis.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 25, 2020, 03:04:11 pm by NewDonny »

There is certainly potential there, DBR, but only one of them is our player.

I agree with you on Ennis.

A welcome point away from home at a difficult away venue, although to be honest I thought Sunderland were very poor last night, better in the second half but not penetrative enough in the last third for a team I thought would be buoyed by playing at home in front of a large crowd. Personally don't expect them to go up this season missing out again in the play offs. Had we been a little more clinical and less wasteful ourselves in that last third, then 3 points would for us not have been a massive surprise.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 03:08:00 pm by NewDonny »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 25, 2020, 04:37:02 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Yes It was a defining moment in the season

After some thought I finally i remembered where to get a proper league table because the amended one with basic W-D-L  is to use a well worn phrase " not fit for purpose" horrifically misleading.

how many of us know even after playing away last night Rovers have played 15 home matches an only 10 away. yes we knew there were a lot of away matches but not that many.

Rovers have conceeded a mere 9 goals in ten away matches

this proper league tables shows Gillinghams away form won 1 drawn 9 lost 3  only 11 away goals conceeded in 13 games as the second ? best away defence.  update Gillingham have decided to take the pi$$ out of me by conceeding two goals so far today away)

other secrets hidden from us show at 3pm today

Ipswich had played 12 home matches and 15 away
Sunderland 14 home 12 away
Oxford 12 home 14 away
Lincoln 12 home 16 away   and they are away again today at Ipswich
Accrington 12 home 15 away

the point is stats wise Rovers are in a totally false position in the league (with the unfortunate backlog of away matches). 

Their position shown by the shortened tables ( to save space fcuk the fans) being totally misleading.

However if Rovers stick to the style of play shown against Sunderland they will get results in these away matches with performances based on defence .   

If it worked against the Sundies it can work against the rest and it seems "we" could have won that match  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 04:41:17 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012