Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:11:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Who was your man of the match v Sunderland?

Dieng
3 (2.7%)
Halliday
0 (0%)
Wright
2 (1.8%)
Anderson
81 (73%)
John
0 (0%)
Whiteman
1 (0.9%)
Sheaf
12 (10.8%)
Taylor
2 (1.8%)
Gomes
8 (7.2%)
James
1 (0.9%)
Ennis
0 (0%)
Blair
0 (0%)
Watters
0 (0%)
Coppinger
1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: January 28, 2020, 08:50:09 am

Author Topic: Sunderland MOM  (Read 3737 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Sunderland MOM
« on January 25, 2020, 08:50:09 am by bobjimwilly »
Voting closes on Tuesday

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Sunderland MOM
« Reply #1 on January 25, 2020, 10:09:44 am by Campsall rover »
I understand Anderson getting the majority of votes on here as he was immense at the back for us once again.
Just think personally that because Ben Sheaf is unspectacular with the type of game he plays and the role he has in the team that he has been over looked a little with his performance last night.
He was absolutely superb and if that had been Brian Stock out there he would have got rave reviews.
The number of tackles he made, quality distribution ( can only remember him giving the ball away once ) and his unbelievable 95min work rate he put in was something i haven’t seen from anyone for a very long time.
That’s not to say we haven’t had some brilliant performances both individually and as a team this season as we unquestionably have.
I just think that performance last night from Ben Sheaf exceeded anything we have seen yet.
I would be really interested to see the analysis of BS stats. Would be really interesting to see.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 10:12:14 am by Campsall rover »

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 25, 2020, 10:15:59 am by Jimmydee »
Who was selected as the Sky t.v pundits M.O.M?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 25, 2020, 10:16:52 am by Campsall rover »
Anderson i am told.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 25, 2020, 10:21:08 am by IDM »
Anderson i am told.

It was, I saw it..

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 25, 2020, 10:26:42 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Sheaf was superb last night. Anderson has to be MoM, but Sheaf wasn't far behind him.

If the game had ended at half time, mind, I'd have had Gomes as MoM. Best 45 mins he's had for us. There's a very, very good player in there if we can bring him on.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 25, 2020, 10:31:10 am by Branton Rover »
For me I’ve gone with Madger, I thought he had a super game, his best yet. I tweeted the lad telling him I’d voted him man of the match - he had a very good first half carrying the ball forward and getting his foot in to break up play when needed - by the end of the game he was running literally on empty - he had given his all & for that he gets my vote

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 25, 2020, 12:12:06 pm by RoversAlias »
I said Anderson on the long walk down the stairs from the stand, and I stick by that. He was just rock solid against all the challenges Sunderland threw at him.

Agree with BST that the star of the first half was Gomes. Sheaf superb also, and Whiteman. To be honest most of the team played really, really well.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 25, 2020, 12:23:43 pm by Rovers91 »
Anderson for me. But Gomes deserves praise you can tell he's a confidence player and first couple of touches he had last night very early he gave the ball away. But he didn't let that affect him and went on to have his best game in the shirt. You can tell he is an intelligent player because his movement to pick up the space in them holes was very good.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 25, 2020, 01:07:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's almost getting to the point where we can award Anderson the player of the season now and start a separate completion excluding him.

I think a few have said above they would vote for either Sheaf or Gomes in recognition of their performances but you just can't not give it to Anderson who does his job exceptionally well throughout games and rarely puts a foot wrong.

Sheaf was exceptional too. Gomes couldn't quite get into the game as much in the second half but he showed a lot of quality at times, taking the ball down, holding off and spreading the ball. With more games and with more confidence, and a goal or two, he's a keeper!!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 25, 2020, 05:24:00 pm by drfchound »
Sheaf was superb last night. Anderson has to be MoM, but Sheaf wasn't far behind him.

If the game had ended at half time, mind, I'd have had Gomes as MoM. Best 45 mins he's had for us. There's a very, very good player in there if we can bring him on.

One hundred percent agree with that summary BST.
On the subject of Gomes, he also showed that he can get stuck in and win a tackle.
Maybe some of the Gomes beraters in the South Stand will get off his back now.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 25, 2020, 05:52:58 pm by graingrover »
The mom was Anderson ..and the performance of  Gomes marked his indisputable claim to full and undivided support from all of us .Sheaf also put in his best performance of the season .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012