Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:16:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Shop window.?  (Read 2519 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Shop window.?
« on January 25, 2020, 10:05:40 am by IDM »
With that performance being live on Sky last night, I think that the performance definitely put Doncaster Rovers in the shop window.

You would think that any of our prospective signings, especially those where it has been hinted that deals are in place, would have been very impressed with what they saw.

Attacking players might be thinking that they can add something..

We didn’t do our chances for incomings any harm last night did we.?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
Re: Shop window.?
« Reply #1 on January 25, 2020, 10:09:09 am by Paul Simpson »
Couldn’t agree more. Just hope we find that elusive striker we so desperately need to fill that missing piece of the jigsaw next week!! 🤞

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 25, 2020, 12:56:30 pm by IDM »
Also, looking at that game, especially the first half, would a random viewer stumbling across this game have thought it was a third division fixture.?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 25, 2020, 01:03:42 pm by Padge_DRFC »
We won't get any defenders. Nobody in the country would get in our back line at the minute

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 25, 2020, 05:01:29 pm by drfchound »
Agreed that it may make us attractive to potential new players but I guess it might have also alerted some other clubs to how good some of our players are.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 25, 2020, 05:19:03 pm by bpoolrover »
While I thought we were excellent at the back, on quite a few social media sites some  fans of other teams have it down as a bore fest of a match with no goal scoring chances hardly

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 25, 2020, 05:41:35 pm by elmsallrover »
To be honest there right poor game total lack of entertainment not only do rovers need a striker but more importantly they need to pass the ball to a player in the same coloured shirt passing at times this season as been Sunday morning stuff

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 25, 2020, 06:01:10 pm by IDM »
I have to disagree, it was a fascinating game.  Loads of shots and goals isn't the only way to entertain.

I don't know what you watch on a sunday morning, but most of the time our passing is very good..

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 25, 2020, 06:09:00 pm by bpoolrover »
Was it a fascinating game because it was rovers thou idm?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 25, 2020, 06:16:46 pm by Campsall rover »
To be honest there right poor game total lack of entertainment not only do rovers need a striker but more importantly they need to pass the ball to a player in the same coloured shirt passing at times this season as been Sunday morning stuff
You are just doing your utmost to wind everybody up. You obviously were not there if you are being serious, and if you saw it on TV it never looks as good.
But those comments about our passing have to be a joke. Yes we have had a few poor games but we are one of the best passing teams in this league.
You really should go and support Man City if you are looking for perfection.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 25, 2020, 06:31:29 pm by IDM »
Was it a fascinating game because it was rovers thou idm?

not necessarily, but it helped.!

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 25, 2020, 06:49:40 pm by Lesonthewest »
Excellent point, really good performance as a team & great work ethic, but, it was 50 odd minutes before our first & only shot on target, just saying like.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 25, 2020, 07:32:58 pm by elmsallrover »
You are just doing your utmost to wind everybody up. You obviously were not there if you are being serious, and if you saw it on TV it never looks as good.
But those comments about our passing have to be a joke. Yes we have had a few poor games but we are one of the best passing teams in this league.
I'm not looking for perfection but I would expect a football player that plays with a ball 5 days a week to be able to pass  a ball to his team mates a bit more accurately

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 25, 2020, 08:13:34 pm by johnny rovers »
I think the opening post is farcical. Players, players agents and clubs will primarily be interested in what Doncaster rovers have to offer in terms of money.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 25, 2020, 08:22:00 pm by IDM »
Farcical.?

Did we, or did we not, give a very good account of ourselves in the context of that fixture.?

Assume we offer a player the same financial package as another club might.  What else might make him join us.? 

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 25, 2020, 09:42:02 pm by Alan Southstand »
The chance to be managed by the best one in league 1?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 25, 2020, 10:35:47 pm by Colin C No.3 »

We gave the ball away very cheaply on numerous occasions, thankfully so did Sunderland.

And before you ask me “What bad passes, go on then, tell me which ones, where on the pitch, which player & what minute was that in?” I was there & we did

TinyPortal © 2005-2012