Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:51:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Rate The Ref

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
2 (10%)
7 (35%)
4 (20%)
0 - Totally Useless
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: February 14, 2020, 05:49:56 pm

Author Topic: Rovers v Rochdale- 8/2/20- Neil Hair  (Read 2044 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Rovers v Rochdale- 8/2/20- Neil Hair
« on February 03, 2020, 07:08:37 pm by The Red Baron »
Referee:  Hair, Neil
Assistant Referee:  Mellor, Gareth
Assistant Referee:  Clayton, Simon
Fourth Official:  Dicicco, Matthew

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Rovers v Rochdale- 8/2/20- Neil Hair
« Reply #1 on February 06, 2020, 05:31:06 pm by RoversAlias »
I seem to remember him having a stinker in the Burton game earlier this season, and the ratings on here reflect that. The only major incident I actually remember from the game was the penalty that we conceded, which I believe was the correct decision against Donervon Daniels? But I just saw the name and thought "I'm sure I remember him being crap last time".

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 08, 2020, 05:22:43 pm by Filo »
Not bad until he let the keeper con him into booking Wright and then denying a stonewall penalty

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 08, 2020, 10:02:25 pm by POD »
Not bad until he let the keeper con him into booking Wright and then denying a stonewall penalty
Only Joe knows whether he blocked the keeper deliberately to avoid them breaking or whether it was accidental.  The ref decided that he had done it deliberately and booked him.  As for the penalty, the linesman was the one who should have given it as he had a clear and unobstructed view and he bottled it.  Other than that, I thought that the ref had a decent game... which is more than can be said about Rovers!

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 08, 2020, 10:37:55 pm by Not Now Kato »
Decent, if not good, first half.  But somebody must have got to him at half time  as second half he was atrocious!  How he missed the shirt pull on Halliday was inexcusable. Another ref either on a bung or incompetent, take your pick!

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 08, 2020, 10:49:50 pm by POD »
Decent, if not good, first half.  But somebody must have got to him at half time  as second half he was atrocious!  How he missed the shirt pull on Halliday was inexcusable. Another ref either on a bung or incompetent, take your pick!
The shirt pull wasn’t obvious from the refs position as his view will have been obstructed by defenders.  To me in the West Stand and to the Linesman on that side it was clear and obvious but for some reason he chose not to raise his flag... that was inexcusable. 

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 08, 2020, 11:19:21 pm by Dagenham Rover »
The shirt pull wasn’t obvious from the refs position as his view will have been obstructed by defenders.  To me in the West Stand and to the Linesman on that side it was clear and obvious but for some reason he chose not to raise his flag... that was inexcusable. 
[/b]

I agree but i got the impression throughout the  game the  lino's were under instruction    ..............

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 09, 2020, 08:07:58 am by Donnywolf »
Yes he may be one of the ones that instruct Linos to "butt out" and leave the serious stuff to him and if he is we as fans are the ones that suffer when a Lino fails to give such an easy Penalty decision for their Team

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 09, 2020, 10:49:24 am by ravenrover »
The goalie stopped dead to avoid going out of his area, Joe just ran into the back of him

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 09, 2020, 11:22:14 am by The Red Baron »
I thought on the whole he was pretty good, but spoiled the performance with two poor decisions. The Joe Wright booking reminded me a lot of when Wimbledon's keeper got John Marquis sent off at their place last season, where again the referee didn't have a proper view of the incident and reacted to what he thought had happened.

The shirt-pull on Halliday in stoppage time was as blatant a foul as you'll see, although there the linesman was as much at fault and should have flagged.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 09, 2020, 11:26:10 am by Dagenham Rover »
The goalie stopped dead to avoid going out of his area, Joe just ran into the back of him

yep and the ref just guessed what had happened and he guessed wrong

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 09, 2020, 11:46:42 am by drfchound »

yep and the ref just guessed what had happened and he guessed wrong

Also, in the follow on to Joe bumping into their keeper, one of their players chased after Joe and either kicked him, or raked his studs down Joes legs which created a bit of a scene that also influenced the ref into taking some kind of action.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 09, 2020, 04:42:44 pm by Donnywolf »
One of them appeared to backhand him as well - and if the Cards were out it maybe should have been a Yellow each

TinyPortal © 2005-2012