Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:36:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Who was your man of the match v Bolton?

Dieng
1 (0.9%)
Halliday
26 (22.2%)
Wright
5 (4.3%)
Anderson
0 (0%)
James
2 (1.7%)
Whiteman
5 (4.3%)
Sheaf
4 (3.4%)
Sadlier
47 (40.2%)
Coppinger
8 (6.8%)
Ennis
4 (3.4%)
Okenabirhie
14 (12%)
Cole
0 (0%)
Ramsey
1 (0.9%)
John
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Voting closed: February 14, 2020, 09:48:34 pm

Author Topic: Bolton MOM (finally)  (Read 4875 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Bolton MOM (finally)
« on February 11, 2020, 09:48:34 pm by bobjimwilly »
Voting closes on Friday  :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Bolton MOM (finally)
« Reply #1 on February 11, 2020, 10:00:56 pm by Jonathan »
Sadlier absolutely outstanding, especially first half. Great touch and awareness and so many dangerous balls in crying out to be finished.

Thought Joe Wright was solid too.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 11, 2020, 10:39:20 pm by Spud »
Both centre backs were solid, Sadlier in great form but overall Halliday for me, showed great energy driving us forward & solid defending, if not his biggest test.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 11, 2020, 10:57:01 pm by roversontheup »
I thought Sadler was fantastic in the first half but seemed to drift out of the game in second half.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 11, 2020, 11:00:02 pm by sha66y »
Fejiri for me..... I fear Halliday is getting targeted regularly now, the back four looked solid and shaky in equal measure,

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 11, 2020, 11:03:10 pm by Spud »
Sheaf was class first half, his confidence seems fragile though, he fell right off after their goal.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 11, 2020, 11:03:29 pm by drfchound »
Halliday was terrific tonight.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 11, 2020, 11:09:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sheaf was superb for the first 60 minutes. The entire defensive set up had a nervous breakdown over the following 25 mins.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 11, 2020, 11:11:52 pm by Not Now Kato »
Sheaf was class first half, his confidence seems fragile though, he fell right off after their goal.

Very good defensively, good going forward, but needs passing practice - or someone to tell him we're the ones in red and white hoops.

Has the makings of a real quality player, just needs to get his head up and make the simple passes.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 11, 2020, 11:14:25 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Very good defensively, good going forward, but needs passing practice - or someone to tell him we're the ones in red and white hoops.

Has the makings of a real quality player, just needs to get his head up and make the simple passes.

Quite funny to anyone who's seen who had the highest passing accuracy percentage.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 11, 2020, 11:16:25 pm by Spud »
He is prone to the odd stray one, granted.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 11, 2020, 11:38:22 pm by RoversAlias »
Sadlier was the best player in the first half but Bolton did well to quieten him after HT. Brad Halliday gets my vote, he was everywhere and just keeps getting better. He dealt well with them putting O'Grady on him for flick ons in the second half, a lot of their attempts at attacking actually ended at Halliday. He did a lot of good stuff going forward too.

A mention for Okenabirhie too, who was terrific up front. And Niall Ennis, doubled up on all game but still found a way to influence the result and kept busy and committed all night. He is quite a player and has hit top form since the turn of the year.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 11, 2020, 11:43:24 pm by Alan Southstand »
How does Sadlier warrant motm playing for 45 minutes. Absolutely anonymous second half!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 12, 2020, 06:36:10 am by Jonathan »
How does Sadlier warrant motm playing for 45 minutes. Absolutely anonymous second half!

Absolutely anonymous? Do you mean aside from being involved in the second goal, playing Okenabirhie through on goal and putting in a big shift defensively as we spent long periods of the half on the back foot.

Not remotely surprised that yourself and Steve weren’t impressed though, you never are!

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 12, 2020, 06:41:21 am by 5 on Tour »

Did you miss the second half Alan?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 12, 2020, 11:47:19 am by IDM »
Fejiri for me..... I fear Halliday is getting targeted regularly now, the back four looked solid and shaky in equal measure,

Halliday getting targeted.?

Bring it on in that case, he was excellent last night..

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 12, 2020, 12:11:19 pm by Alan Southstand »
Not remotely surprised that yourself and Steve weren’t impressed though, you never are!

On the contrary, Jon, we both thought the lad had a very good first half, but just seemed to ‘hit the wall’ in the second half. From tearing their left back a new hole in the first half to not looking like he could run in the second was a marked contrast. It’s not surprising though, as he has been in every game on this recent run of Saturday/Tuesday fixtures. Hence my comments above - no favouritism or otherwise. I’d follow that by saying he wasn’t on his own last night either. Sheaf went from looking majestic in the first half to a mare in the second!

The big positives, for me, were (a) Fejiri - he looks the part and will get better with game time, (b) Ramsay had a big impact after he was introduced, (c) Halliday maintained consistency throughout the 90 odd minutes and (d) we ground out (what should have been an easy) 3 points.

Hopefully, with rest and recuperation, the manager can get them back playing like we know they can. However, we’re due some more bad weather again this weekend, so it may come down to playing the conditions again.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 12, 2020, 09:17:58 pm by Filo »
Sadlier was the best player on the pitch last night, the Bolton left back will be having nightmares for weeks after that

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 13, 2020, 07:47:26 pm by i_ateallthepies »
He had a terrific game but I was scratching my head at playing him on the right for the whole game which denied us his ace card of cutting in from the left and popping one in like he has done so well recently.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 14, 2020, 09:59:45 am by ravenrover »
He's 2 footed right or left he'll have a go. Why on earth we stopped playing to his feet 2nd half and instead tried to play the ball in behind the full back I'll never know

TinyPortal © 2005-2012