Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:26:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: "Braith" ends his long "Waite" and gets a dream move has the world gone mad ?  (Read 1302 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
I thought that when Sheff United paid "£500,000 " for Lundstrom  :suicide: CLH wipes the egg from his face.

in this football world of unforgettable sorry un-spellable surnames ...  often simply amended to "Fred" or "William" etc and suchlike i always thought it refreshing to see  a good old English (?) funny sounding name like "Braithwaite" on a par with names such as "Cumberbatch". I remember him playing for the Bank of Middlesbro when they had money.

Apparently The surname Braithwaite was first used in the Scottish/English Borderlands by an ancient Scottish people called the Strathclyde- Britons. It was a name for someone who lived in any of the places so named in Cumberland or Yorkshire, bordering on Scotland.

Obviously he was British !!!! well no ..... not exactly
Martin Christensen Braithwaite (born 5 June 1991) is a Danish professional footballer who plays for Spanish club Barcelona and the Denmark national team. Mainly a forward, he can also play as a winger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Braithwaite

i wondered what happened to him so checked ....  became a "cry baby" " "i don't wan't to play for Middlesbro"  "I want to play in Spain"

EVEN AKINFENWA  WHO "THOUGHT TORQUAY WAS CLOSER TO LONDON THAN DONCASTER"   KNOWS ENGLAND IS NOT SPAIN !! (yet ?)

so he was loaned to Spain

Middlesbro paid £9 million for him and sold him to Leganes for 5 million euros   who have just sold him to  The Bank of Barcelona for  18 million euros (release fee) and Barcelona have put a release fee of 300 million euros .(on a par with Messis release fee ?............................

strange world ............. me thinks   :suicide: and he's got a four and a half year deal !!!!!!!!!!

Barcelona were apparently given special dispensation to sign another forward a week ago "due to injuries ? " which makes you wonder how "this is allowed" ?????

perhaps DM should have re-named Rovers "Doncaster Barcelona" in order to make a signing when the early season transfer window closed ???   :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
To be fair, Barcelona have followed the rules. Whether those rules are right is the bigger question.

It's so harsh on Leganes that this whole situation has basically just seen Barca transfer their 'problem' to the league's bottom side.

I say 'problem' because it's clear they're going to struggle with only having Messi and Griezmann fit. Must be absolutely horrific. I guess they've had a poor history of bringing through young players too.

What's poor is that Leganes can't now replace him because they haven't lost the player to a long term injury!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
The whole situation is a farce, really, and it makes La Liga look like a joke. Leganes haven't done anything wrong, were essentially forced to sell their star striker, and weren't allowed to sign a replacement. There's no reason Barca couldn't use one of the many youth/B players on the books to get through an injury crisis. Or maybe they could have given Rakish Bingham a call?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
To be fair, Barcelona have followed the rules. Whether those rules are right is the bigger question.

It's so harsh on Leganes that this whole situation has basically just seen Barca transfer their 'problem' to the league's bottom side.

I say 'problem' because it's clear they're going to struggle with only having Messi and Griezmann fit. Must be absolutely horrific. I guess they've had a poor history of bringing through young players too.

What's poor is that Leganes can't now replace him because they haven't lost the player to a long term injury!

Barcelona’s motto is supposed to be “Mes que un club”. Regardless of whether they followed the rules it’s shameful behaviour from a club of their standing to do this. They’ve completely shafted Leganes and most likely relegated them too.

BobG

• VSC Member
The Leganes chairman is not keeping quiet about it either. Good on him. It's a terrible thing to have done and to have allowed.

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012