Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:01:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Referee  (Read 7230 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: The Referee
« Reply #30 on February 29, 2020, 07:55:54 pm by IDM »
I want to see a replay of the one on Cole as first up I thought the player got a bit of the ball.

I also thought there was no foul (for us) fornthe free kick for our second goal..

Furst half he gave Wycombe everything..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 29, 2020, 08:38:31 pm by ravenrover »
How their 1st yellow wasn't a straight red I'll never know lunging, off the ground out of control

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 29, 2020, 08:38:57 pm by StocksArmy »
The only excuse I can give the ref on the penalty incident is because Cole was so quick off the mark he must have been acres away from being in a position to give it. Having said that I am confident it was evident that he was in a position to see the defender 2nd in a footrace, take a desperate lunge, player goes down and the ball doesnt change direction therefore it is still a shocking decision.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 29, 2020, 08:54:50 pm by Pancho Regan »
Absolutely dreadful performance by the ref today.
He could have spoilt that game, he certainly tried his best to do so.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 29, 2020, 09:00:50 pm by Reesielad »
I’ve not seen many referees get boo’d off by the fans of a team who won 3-1

Shocking, Wycombe are an absolute embarrassment to football and the ref bought everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 29, 2020, 10:19:10 pm by roversdude »
26 zeroes from 26 votes says it all

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 01, 2020, 01:56:53 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Well when you see the reply of it I will accept all your apologies

Have you checked the replay yet?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 01, 2020, 06:39:25 am by Donnywolf »
I’ve not seen many referees get boo’d off by the fans of a team who won 3-1

Shocking, Wycombe are an absolute embarrassment to football and the ref bought everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... and also getting booed off at Half Time !!!

I was worried that was a bad move and he would "have it in " for us in the second half

For once I was right - he did

Imagine how mad we would have been if the score had been 1-1 when he didnt give that Penalty.

Rest assured I WAS one of those booing at full time.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 01, 2020, 07:24:05 am by Donnywolf »
My favourite shite decision was the one midway through the second half where we were on the attack but not really going anywhere and Ramsey was body checked as he ran into the box. The ref clearly saw it because he went and had a word with the culprit when the move broke down. But he chose to play an advantage even though we were going nowhere down the left wing, instead of giving us the clear free kick on the edge of the box.
I thought exactly the same BST.
I thought that he had just missed it until he bent down and had a quick word with the defender on his way back.

Correct and I reckon we could catalogue the Refs errors and end up with one for each minute of the game

The ones I hated apart from the Penalty were :

In the first minute Joe Wright was kicked in the head - and the Ref gave nowt. You could see Wright having genuine trouble for a minute or so

YET twice later in the game raised feet from Rovers players were BOTH called immediately

Sadlier was Yellow Carded for what looked to me a foul but not worthy of a Yellow. I have had this confirmed in someones post above - as its hard to see that far from the West Stand

YET when Lokilo came on and was "at them" straight away he was hacked down in the centre circle and the choice of my word hacked is appropriate - their player was not Booked. Maybe it was the man Booked earlier and the Refs as they do dont sometimes give a second Yellow ?
Another failing was when he let a Wycombe Player in second half I think shove him in the chest 2 handed - Di Canio style - and his action ? Did nowt
Finally though this was not a decision - but resulted from his decision making did anyone else notice his total inability to get out of the way of the ball and players ? There is in the highlights a collision between him and a WW player and several times moves were halted as players had to go round him. The Ball did not hit him but it came close a few times

One (just one) bit of credit I give the Ref

He fell for loads of falling down by them when clearly they were acting but did not fall for Number 17s 2 attempts to get the game stopped. The first came immediately before our first goal. Joe Wright recovered the ball just outside their area to keep an attack going

17 squealed like a little kid and threw himself to the floor and lay immobile for what seemed like ages but the Ref didnt give anything and so (check it out if you can) 17 sprang up and tried to stop the attack and heigh ho he failed miserably and Niall Ennis scored

Later in the game 17 tried it again in front of the dug outs with another enormous squeal - clearly heard both from where I sit in back row - and the Ref again played on. Didnt lead to anything this time but "Squealer" was hooked almost straight away (probably not for the way he was playing - but his inability at acting as well as his Team mates - but thats the cynic in me)

Good to see cheats NOT prospering - pity the Ref missed perhaps the most blatant Penalty I have seen this Season - and again pity I reacted at the end in a way I am not proud of at my age
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 08:08:34 am by Donnywolf »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 01, 2020, 08:19:03 am by drfchound »
Wolfie, when I watched the highlights I was sure I heard 17 let out the squeal (it couldn’t be heard from the south stand) and after the ball went forward I saw Whiteman look back at him as if to say stop cheating.
That squealing is rife in the game just now and is clearly designed to get players booked or sent off.
Remember the Maddison one when he tripped himself up near the dugouts.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 02:25:02 pm by drfchound »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 01, 2020, 08:57:05 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
As we come to the business end of the season, it's only going to get worse and the refs will probably wilt under pressure from those desperate to influence them by any means. What is annoying and frustrating is refs often buy the play acting but yet will miss blatent fouls that deserve yellows, reds, penalties etc.

Do we fight fire with fire? Instruct our players to squeel like pigs each time they are touched in order to get opposition players booked?

I'd like to think we would rise above these sort of tactics but as we see week on week, cheating prosper, then maybe we should jump on the bandwagon.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 01, 2020, 09:29:55 am by Donnywolf »
Wolfie, when I watched the highlights I was sure I heard 17 let out the squeal (it couldn’t be heard from the south stand) and after the ball went forward I saw Whiteman look back at him as if to day stop cheating.
That squealing is rife in the game just now and is clearly designed to get players booked or sent off.
Remember the Maddison one when he tripped himself up near the dugouts.

It was a colossal scream both times and though it happened in milliseconds he squealed leapt to the follr - lay still for what seemed ages and then when he realised he was getting nowt jumped up and tried to prevent the opening goal

Thankfully he didnt  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 01, 2020, 09:33:15 am by the vicar »
An utter disgrace gave Wycombe everything, there’s no doubt in my mind if that penalty was at the other end he would have given it
I watched looked at the penalty thing straight  away on my phone, and no it was right not
a penalty he went down far too easy. But he was shit

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 01, 2020, 11:24:11 am by Donnywolf »
Currently 34 people have voted and Rock is still on NIL

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on March 01, 2020, 12:02:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Vicar.

Cole was running at top speed and shaping to shoot when Charles lunged across him. The slightest contact, or even having to adjust to avoid contact, is enough to put a player on the deck in those circumstances.

It's a penalty. As clear as day.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 01, 2020, 12:39:27 pm by Alan Southstand »
Their defender was in Lincolnshire when he threw himself at Cole! Penalty all day.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 01, 2020, 12:55:49 pm by RoversAlias »
Someone cut together some of the fouls yesterday on Twitter, it is laughable.

Amos dragged to the floor nowhere near the ball, and Ramsey chopped down both right in front of the referee. Cole rugby tackled trying to control a long pass and a throw-in is given. Then the penalty at the end...good lord. Stewart is miles behind the ball, in fact he isn't even up with Cole, dives in, kicks Cole in the back leg and obviously Cole then falls down and the goalie collects the ball. As blatant a penalty as I think you can see.

It will never change, referees are not held accountable. Andy Woolmer was useless last week at Shrewsbury yet he refereed in the Championship yesterday. He gave Luton a last-minute penalty for a blatant dive by McManaman, go figure.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on March 01, 2020, 12:56:39 pm by Filo »
An utter disgrace gave Wycombe everything, there’s no doubt in my mind if that penalty was at the other end he would have given it
I watched looked at the penalty thing straight  away on my phone, and no it was right not
a penalty he went down far too easy. But he was shit

Theres something wrong with your phone mate, penalty every day of the week

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 01, 2020, 01:30:27 pm by the vicar »
Vicar.

Cole was running at top speed and shaping to shoot when Charles lunged across him. The slightest contact, or even having to adjust to avoid contact, is enough to put a player on the deck in those circumstances.

It's a penalty. As clear as day.
I don't mean that one I'm on about the supposed pull on his shirt, but the other one that you mean the player got the full ball

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 01, 2020, 01:32:27 pm by DonnyOsmond »
There's definitely contact with Cole but having watched it over and over I think their player might have got the ball first.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on March 01, 2020, 01:36:39 pm by IDM »
I would love to see a replay as my first feeling live was ball first..

Had the score been 0-1 or 1-1 I would have been screamkg for the penalty though.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on March 01, 2020, 02:09:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He didn't get the ball. As he started to lunge in, Cole just nudged the ball away. Stewart didnt get within a yard of the ball.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 02:12:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 01, 2020, 02:22:30 pm by the vicar »
So the ball did not go out over the byline. YES it did

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on March 01, 2020, 02:27:40 pm by drfchound »

No it didn’t, the keeper collected it.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 01, 2020, 02:39:26 pm by RoversAlias »
I thought he got the ball on first viewing too from the angle I had but I've watched the replay a dozen times and the tackle is nowhere near the ball. It's a stonewall penalty.

Have we only been awarded one spot kick all season?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 01, 2020, 02:47:50 pm by drfchound »
I have only seen it the once, live.
My first instinct was a pen.
Without the benefit of seeing a replay I was interested to see what others thought and it seem that, with only a couple of exceptions, I was right.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on March 01, 2020, 02:48:46 pm by Filo »

No it did n’t the Keeper collected it

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 01, 2020, 03:07:12 pm by donnievic »
Well when you see the reply of it I will accept all your apologies

Have you checked the replay yet?
yes and not changed my mind thought Cole may have got the 1st touch and then onto the defenders foot which was before he ended on the ground and that’s how I saw it and why the ball went to the keeper rather than the 6 yard line where Cole was going towards

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on March 01, 2020, 03:30:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yeah ok Vic. I can see how you see it that way. Slowing the video right down, there is a frame where you could argue that. I'll take back my earlier certainty.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on March 01, 2020, 04:13:02 pm by Donnywolf »
We can debate long and hard and slowmo it etc etc but in real time and played in real time 99 Refs out of a hundred would have given a Penalty ... and we had the 100th

Absolute muppet all game

TinyPortal © 2005-2012