Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:38:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Referee  (Read 7231 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: The Referee
« Reply #60 on March 01, 2020, 04:52:57 pm by Campsall rover »
The standard of refereeing is getting worse and is a of a major concern imo.
We all know it’s a difficult and thankless job but most of them just don’t seem to understand the game.
They are unable to differentiate between what is genuinely a bad foul and one that is is purely accidental and fractionally late.
Yellow cards are given more often than not for the wrong foul, the one that should just get a quiet word in the ear & the really bad ones go unpunished.

Is it that the refs are not being allowed to use their own common sense anymore and are just robots doing what the FA have told them?

As for assistant referees, give me strength, what a waste of time most of them are.
They are not even decent linesmen never mind ‘assistant referees’

It’s laughable but the problem is, it isn’t funny.  :crying:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 05:28:27 pm by Campsall rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 01, 2020, 07:45:38 pm by donnievic »
On the other hand sum fans also don’t know the laws,regarding sadliers caution yesterday it wasn’t for a bad foul it was he stopped a dangerous attack as the player would of had a clear run into the box

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on March 01, 2020, 09:51:41 pm by PDX_Rover »
Well when you see the reply of it I will accept all your apologies

Have you checked the replay yet?
yes and not changed my mind thought Cole may have got the 1st touch and then onto the defenders foot which was before he ended on the ground and that’s how I saw it and why the ball went to the keeper rather than the 6 yard line where Cole was going towards

Say he did get a slight touch in the ball. He still took Cole down from behind and it’s a foul.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 01, 2020, 10:00:40 pm by donnievic »
Well when you see the reply of it I will accept all your apologies

Have you checked the replay yet?
yes and not changed my mind thought Cole may have got the 1st touch and then onto the defenders foot which was before he ended on the ground and that’s how I saw it and why the ball went to the keeper rather than the 6 yard line where Cole was going towards

Say he did get a slight touch in the ball. He still took Cole down from behind and it’s a foul.
no it’s not when you win the ball cleanly 1st and he has not gone through him,sum tackles you are going to get contact

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on March 01, 2020, 10:50:09 pm by PDX_Rover »
It was a foul. Come on. Cole was away and he lunged in from behind and brought him down. If he hit a toe end on the ball it’s still a foul.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on March 01, 2020, 11:12:21 pm by sha66y »
I don’t wish him well.....

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on March 01, 2020, 11:29:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
On the other hand sum fans also don’t know the laws,regarding sadliers caution yesterday it wasn’t for a bad foul it was he stopped a dangerous attack as the player would of had a clear run into the box

Agreed. It was a yellow card. No complaints on that one at all.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on March 02, 2020, 06:53:18 am by Donnywolf »
The standard of refereeing is getting worse and is a of a major concern imo.
We all know it’s a difficult and thankless job but most of them just don’t seem to understand the game.
They are unable to differentiate between what is genuinely a bad foul and one that is is purely accidental and fractionally late.
Yellow cards are given more often than not for the wrong foul, the one that should just get a quiet word in the ear & the really bad ones go unpunished.

Is it that the refs are not being allowed to use their own common sense anymore and are just robots doing what the FA have told them?

As for assistant referees, give me strength, what a waste of time most of them are.
They are not even decent linesmen never mind ‘assistant referees’

It’s laughable but the problem is, it isn’t funny.  :crying:

I agree almost totally - and on top of that we have to factor in that the players dont help in any way shape or form

Look back at "old" time football and watch corners. I dont see and dont remember any of the wrestling matches that take place each set piece

It has become win at all costs and so players openly cheat and break the rules either with creeping at throw ins or taking ages over goal kicks or the latest epedemic stamping deliberately on the feet of opponents ....

.... and the Refs have to cope with all that as well.

They are very very poor at the lower levels which is why they are there - though some are making their way upwards but they could be helped by the Players themselves as well

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on March 02, 2020, 08:05:06 am by ravenrover »
But tthe refs don't help themselves, start giving penalties against defenders or free kicks against attackers that should be an end to all this grappling nonsense, half the time the defenders aren't even looking at the corner being taken

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on March 02, 2020, 08:17:17 am by IDM »

Agreed. It was a yellow card. No complaints on that one at all.

I agree in the sense of a yellow card can be awarded for what seems like an innocuous foul but which prevents a dangerous attack.

With their player running down the wing I would disagree that this particular play warranted a yellow card.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on March 02, 2020, 08:56:53 am by Donnywolf »
But tthe refs don't help themselves, start giving penalties against defenders or free kicks against attackers that should be an end to all this grappling nonsense, half the time the defenders aren't even looking at the corner being taken

TOTALLY agree

Periodically the governing bodies say "enough is enough" and instruct the Refs to give every pull but gradually they dont  give everything.

EDIT. The record number of Pens in a Scotprem game is 4 - so I had that bit wrong (unless that means scored rather than given)

I think (senior guess) that the Scottish FA brought in a rule and one of the first games of a Season there were 5 Pens (I cant honestly remember how many) in one game before the Players got the message but as usual it just petered out after a few games

You are right - if they started giving everything they see both against defenders and attackers and kept it up it would eventually stop surely ?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 11:16:07 am by Donnywolf »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on March 02, 2020, 10:20:13 am by drfchound »
Yep, agreed Wolfie.
We were talking about the same thing on Saturday.
Going back to the World Cup, when lots of pens were given in the group games, we all thought it would stop the grappling but even during the tournament the fouls were awarded less and less.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on March 02, 2020, 12:17:27 pm by donnievic »
Whilst I agree there is probably a foul occurs at every corner taken mainly on attacking side the ref  can really only see or looking at one part of the area a time

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on March 02, 2020, 12:20:49 pm by donnievic »
It was a foul. Come on. Cole was away and he lunged in from behind and brought him down. If he hit a toe end on the ball it’s still a foul.
thats your take on it then but wonder if you still would think it was a foul at the other end

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on March 02, 2020, 02:54:03 pm by PDX_Rover »
thats your take on it then but wonder if you still would think it was a foul at the other end

Yes I think if it was at the other end I’m breathing a sigh of relief that we dodged a bullet.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012