Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 09:43:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: National League  (Read 2836 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
National League
« on March 03, 2020, 09:49:51 pm by Campsall rover »
Massive result for Harrogate Town tonight. 92nd min winner at Chesterfield 3-4
Mandeville gets a goal for the Spirites.
Looked as though it was some game.
Town now 5 points behind Barrow same games played and still to play each other at Wetherby road on the 21st March.
Tempted to go to that one but will be at Accrington v Rovers. Need to keep my priorities in order.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: National League
« Reply #1 on March 04, 2020, 12:29:46 am by Colemans Left Hook »
 i looked at the fixtures this afternoon 3.40 to be precise  it seems sky "type in" these fixtures the typist may well have lost their job if they had left the "o" out of County as it is the "flyde by night" typist may well keep their job  :suicide:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 12:35:34 am by Colemans Left Hook »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 04, 2020, 08:41:39 am by Campsall rover »
i looked at the fixtures this afternoon 3.40 to be precise  it seems sky "type in" these fixtures the typist may well have lost their job if they had left the "o" out of County as it is the "flyde by night" typist may well keep their job  :suicide:
Well spotted.  :facepalm:

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 04, 2020, 12:42:17 pm by Bollinger »
Town now 5 points behind Barrow same games played and still to play each other at Wetherby road on the 21st March.
Tempted to go to that one but will be at Accrington v Rovers. Need to keep my priorities in order.

Talking of Barrow, I noticed that Sam Hird is there and has been an ever-present this season.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 04, 2020, 12:48:53 pm by IDM »
What, pushing it round his garden.?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 04, 2020, 12:51:19 pm by ravenrover »

Talking of Barrow, I noticed that Sam Hird is there and has been an ever-present this season.
Very underated whilst at RoversJMHO

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 04, 2020, 12:57:26 pm by IDM »
Joking aside, on his day he was a very good player for us..

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 04, 2020, 12:59:29 pm by Pancho Regan »
I'd forgotten Sam Hird was at Barrow, it's good to see he's still playing regularly at a decent level.

How good would it be if little Barrow FC got back into the Football League?!
I can remember them being in the old fourth division.They were 'voted out' in 1972, at the time the club finishing bottom had to 'apply for re-election'.

I can't believe that was almost 50 years ago.
Rovers must have played them in the FA Cup since then because I remember going to Holker Street for a night match and being made to feel very welcome in their social club.

Come on you Barrow!

Edit: It must have been when we played them when we were in the Conference, not the FA Cup. My memory is playing up again!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 01:06:11 pm by Pancho Regan »

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 04, 2020, 01:45:42 pm by retford rover »
by all accounts the game on the 21st is off harrogate v barrow     think  may be a cup reason

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 04, 2020, 01:52:53 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Well spotted.  :facepalm:

In the past i have found far bigger mistakes than that  .....   Somewhere i have a screen photo i took of the same team in two different postions in the same league ... will find it on day ..

i looked at that league pre-match and the play off postions are available to all and sundry ---  i was looking at Notts county and Barnet who are way down but plenty of matches to play .  The "petals seem to have dropped off the flowers" at Solihull who we all expected to be top 3 this season and they apparently have a new manager 

It seems unlikely the wheels will come off at Barrow nice to see them do a "Rovers Return" (gone are the days when then had a job lot of x rovers players) following in the likes of Newport County Accrington etc ...

but Chessie dear chessie  what on earth ..   usually in this league some club asks to be relegated post season ... i think Altrincham got saved from relegation post season three times.  Last season gateshead submitted a sick note post season to save Aldershot from relegation.

who knows what will happen just thinking of the possibility of Harrogate being a league team and York not  :headbang:

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 04, 2020, 02:03:41 pm by Bollinger »
I'd forgotten Sam Hird was at Barrow, it's good to see he's still playing regularly at a decent level.

How good would it be if little Barrow FC got back into the Football League?!
I can remember them being in the old fourth division.They were 'voted out' in 1972, at the time the club finishing bottom had to 'apply for re-election'.

I can't believe that was almost 50 years ago.
Rovers must have played them in the FA Cup since then because I remember going to Holker Street for a night match and being made to feel very welcome in their social club.

Come on you Barrow!

Edit: It must have been when we played them when we were in the Conference, not the FA Cup. My memory is playing up again!

As I recall they were a bit hard done to. They weren't basket cases like some clubs at the time. I do remember that when Carlisle United went into the Conference, the Barrow fans and Workington supporters were over the moon because their near neighbours Carlisle had voted to remove them both from the FL.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 04, 2020, 02:09:59 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
i can still remember Carlisle on match of the day being top of what is now the premiership after a 1-0 win the center half Bill green scored ... that was after 3 games i think

amazing what trash you can't get out of your head  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 04, 2020, 02:15:34 pm by VivaRovers »
by all accounts the game on the 21st is off harrogate v barrow     think  may be a cup reason

FA Trophy Semi-Finals... Harrogate Town are playing Notts County.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 04, 2020, 02:29:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Joking aside, on his day he was a very good player for us..

I think squeezing several years of decent performances out of Hird in the Championship was O'Driscoll's greatest water-into-wine act.

Within months of O'Driscoll leaving, Hird, at just turned 25, was in League 2. 

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 04, 2020, 03:10:00 pm by IDM »
You saying that SOD polished t’Hird.?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 04, 2020, 03:20:00 pm by Draytonian III »
I think Sam Hird is involved on the coaching side as well as playing at Barrow

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 04, 2020, 06:02:46 pm by Campsall rover »
That’s good. Harrogate are in the FA Trophy semi’s, it’s on the 21st.

So when the Barrow match is re arranged i may be able to go if it’s on a Tuesday.  No Rovers game to clash.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 06:06:52 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 04, 2020, 06:06:02 pm by Campsall rover »
i can still remember Carlisle on match of the day being top of what is now the premiership after a 1-0 win the center half Bill green scored ... that was after 3 games i think

amazing what trash you can't get out of your head  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Carlisle were top at end of September if my memory serves me well and got relegated.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 04, 2020, 06:12:39 pm by Campsall rover »
The day Carlisle went top i was watching York city v Aston Villa in the 2nd Div

Yes Carlisle in the top league and Villa and York in the 2nd tier.  ;)

Did i say Football was strange in another post.
I am saying it again.   :zzz:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 06:26:42 pm by Campsall rover »

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 04, 2020, 07:02:57 pm by arkseyrover »
For the past 10 years or so I've always had a quid each way on Barrow winning the Conference/National League just for old times sake as I remember them being shafted when they failed to be re-elected. They were always 25/1 and more but they've never come close and always let me down. This season I didn't bother backing em………...

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 04, 2020, 08:12:13 pm by Campsall rover »
For the past 10 years or so I've always had a quid each way on Barrow winning the Conference/National League just for old times sake as I remember them being shafted when they failed to be re-elected. They were always 25/1 and more but they've never come close and always let me down. This season I didn't bother backing em………...
You won’t have missed out because Harrogate are going to pip them for the title.  I hope so anyway.

Hope Barrow win the play offs as Sam Hird is from Campsall.

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 05, 2020, 08:29:57 pm by Harrogate Rover »
Harrogate Towns home game v Barrow has been rearranged for Wednesday 1st April, it's also live on BT sport, as is their game v Bromley this coming Saturday.

So when the Barrow match is re arranged i may be able to go if it’s on a Tuesday.  No Rovers game to clash.  :thumbsup:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 05, 2020, 08:40:15 pm by Campsall rover »
Harrogate Towns home game v Barrow has been rearranged for Wednesday 1st April, it's also live on BT sport, as is their game v Bromley this coming Saturday.

Yes i have seen that thanks. Will try to get to the Barrow match. Waiting for tickets to go on line.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012