Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 09:24:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Daily briefing  (Read 12421 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Daily briefing
« Reply #30 on March 29, 2020, 07:55:49 pm by Filo »
Just my opinion.

No basis then?

Whats your opinion on the Governments response to cv19

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 29, 2020, 07:57:33 pm by redwine »
People on here politicising a national tragedy.

Shameful.

No they are not, they are pointing out the incompetence of our Government, you would get the same  criticism if it were a Labour Government

Funny how those who moan about 'politicising' are those you'd bet on screaming blue murder the loudest if it had been Jeremy Corbyn presiding over such a shambles.

Perhaps it would have been expected.

On what basis do you come to that conclusion?

I would suggest on the evidence of your posting history, to be honest.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 29, 2020, 07:58:35 pm by drfchound »
Just my opinion.

No basis then?

Whats your opinion on the Governments response to cv19

Yeah, my own thoughts.

The government?
They are doing well with some stuff, could do better with other stuff.
What do you think.

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 29, 2020, 08:05:42 pm by Hounslowrover »
  Well Billy, when I listened to a man on the radio explaining that he could no longer visit his terminally ill son because he could no longer afford the parking and congestion charges of over £220 pounds a week that a labour mayor imposes on people I decided he was a w**nker, among other reasons, including the way he has overseen London transport during this emergency which confirmed my view of the man.
The congestion charge is now suspended, car parking at hospitals happens wherever you are, you cannot visit people in hospital now, and transport is necessary for key workers otherwise roads are congested. What exactly has he done with transport? Increased or decreased it, forced people to travel or what?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on March 29, 2020, 08:14:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
While we are talking about people who have built a career out of misleading the public, here's one of the prime examples.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jdportes/status/1244259141515952128

This is utterly disgraceful. Hannan is arguing that the shutdown is over the top. He uses the fact that the Imperial college model predictions have the death toll at 5700, instead of 250,000. But the 5700 is their estimate of the best outcome WITH the lockdown.

I cannot believe that a serious national newspaper would allow this bullshit by a professional liar to be published at the best of times. In the middle of a once in a century crisis, it is criminal.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 29, 2020, 08:16:42 pm by rtid88 »
Gove said this morning the government were now carrying out 10000 tests per day - todays figures show they carried out under 7000 yesterday.

He was asked if he could guarantee if all NHS workers now had PPE equipment - he avoided the answer

He was asked how the government had managed to miss the email from the EU about ventilator procurement - he avoided the answer

He was asked why the government had contacted Dyson & JCB about making ventilators - yet not replied to two companies who already manufacture ventilators who had contacted them to offer their supplies - he avoided the answer

(here's the guy from MEC Medical on Newsnight last week https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/1242949236762738692)

If you don't think the British public deserve answers to those questions - welcome to North Korea
I suppose the question to the Tory supporters who are saying the Labour supporters are just treating this as a political debate is did Gove make any attempt to answer the questions that Wilts points out above and do you have any trust in what he says and if he didn't why not?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 29, 2020, 08:16:53 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Is this another one of your Mike Graham radio show stories Selby?

And you DO know that Boris Johnson imposed the congestion charges in London?

And I assume you also are aware that they have the tube and buses all over London?

Actually it was Ken Livingstone   ;)

There was an article in the Evening Standard quite a while after where it was admitted that traffic lights in the outer boroughs had been rephased  to slow traffic into the centre down to help "prove" the congestion charge worked
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 08:19:42 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 29, 2020, 08:19:09 pm by Filo »
People on here politicising a national tragedy.

Shameful.

No they are not, they are pointing out the incompetence of our Government, you would get the same  criticism if it were a Labour Government

Funny how those who moan about 'politicising' are those you'd bet on screaming blue murder the loudest if it had been Jeremy Corbyn presiding over such a shambles.

Perhaps it would have been expected.

On what basis do you come to that conclusion?

I would suggest on the evidence of your posting history, to be honest.

Really? Do I hold that much sway with Labour policy?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 29, 2020, 08:28:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Apologies DR. You are right, it was Livingstone.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 29, 2020, 08:55:45 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Apologies DR. You are right, it was Livingstone.

Its ok mate its not that often you're wrong   :) :)

and its even rarer for me to be able to pull you up :)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 29, 2020, 09:45:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Heh. If only.

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 29, 2020, 10:59:47 pm by drfcdrfc »
  Well Billy, when I listened to a man on the radio explaining that he could no longer visit his terminally ill son because he could no longer
  Well Billy, when I listened to a man on the radio explaining that he could no longer visit his terminally ill son because he could no longer afford the parking and congestion charges of over £220 pounds a week that a labour mayor imposes on people I decided he was a w**nker, among other reasons, including the way he has overseen London transport during this emergency which confirmed my view of the man.
irmed my

I love your on the radio stories. Please, tell us another one.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 30, 2020, 12:09:54 am by BillyStubbsTears »
While we are talking about people who have built a career out of misleading the public, here's one of the prime examples.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jdportes/status/1244259141515952128

This is utterly disgraceful. Hannan is arguing that the shutdown is over the top. He uses the fact that the Imperial college model predictions have the death toll at 5700, instead of 250,000. But the 5700 is their estimate of the best outcome WITH the lockdown.

I cannot believe that a serious national newspaper would allow this bullshit by a professional liar to be published at the best of times. In the middle of a once in a century crisis, it is criminal.

D'oh! Stupid me.

After I posted that, I read an article that explains perfectly what this is about. And it it absolutely disgusting.

These politicians are not thick. They know precisely what they are doing. They KNOW that we have to have the lockdown to stop carnage this year. But they also know this will produce economic carnage. And they don't want their side to be blamed for that.

So here's what you do. You keep our fingers crossed that people listen to the experts and do help bring the epidemic under control. But at the same time, you start, now, dripping out suggestions that the expert epidemiologists advising Govt are shite at their job.

"250,000 deaths in one analysis and only 5,000 in another one!?! What bleeding use are these 'ere "experts" eh? I mean, we HAVE to err on the side of caution if we are getting infor from them like that, but sheesh! Experts, eh?"

Then, when this is all over and you are faced with the economic carnage, you turn your guns fully on the epidemiologists. "You idiots advised us to close down the country and of course we didn't need to. We've damaged the economy by following your advice. It's is YOUR fault that taxes go up and public spending has to be hammered now."

You think that's too far fetched? Remember, we are talking about people who spent a decade pumping you lies about the EU, and persuading people to vote against their own economic interests.

Just watch and see how this goes over the rest of the year as the right wing populists play this out.

Bolsanaro is already laying the groundwork for it in Brazil. Calling for the lockdown to be ended and threatening to sack his helth minister for advising that the lockdown continues.

Trump's supporters are laying into Anthony Fauci, the medical expert advising the White House on lockdown, saying he his undermining Trump's plan to get the economy going again.

And now that odious t**t Hannan, doing precisely the same thing here in the UK.

Utterly, utterly disgusting. Devious, gutless cowards, the lot of them.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 30, 2020, 03:24:05 am by SydneyRover »
  It is just the same as quoting  The Guardian  Glynn without the shame and realisation it is a minority publication not many others bother to read the propaganda in it unlike the Daily Mail.

What appears to be lost on you selby and a couple of others is that a single accurate report in the Guardian or other respectable news source is worth all the rest of the 'tits and togger' (bst) stories that are cut and pasted or churned out from the all the others put together and I would see a good doctor about that voice you keep hearing too  :)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on March 31, 2020, 12:59:03 pm by Filo »
It surely must be Larry the cat turn soon, he actually might be more informative than the others 😀

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on March 31, 2020, 01:06:12 pm by Donnywolf »
.... and more factually correct

Laura  Kuenssberg "Question - Can you put a stop to the Virus Larry?"

Larry the Cat " Me how ?"

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on March 31, 2020, 05:04:54 pm by Filo »
Gove again today, be prepared for more evasion

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 01, 2020, 09:05:49 pm by foxbat »
Blog/ snap judgement on today Number 10 briefing -
Questions slightly better,
answers worse – these briefings are not serving the public interest well
 |
Alastair Campbell

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 02, 2020, 05:25:46 pm by Filo »
Todays briefing is late, and todays lier is Matt Hancock

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 02, 2020, 05:35:21 pm by scawsby steve »
Blog/ snap judgement on today Number 10 briefing -
Questions slightly better,
answers worse – these briefings are not serving the public interest well
 |
Alastair Campbell

Alastair Campbell? F*ck me, that IS scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 02, 2020, 05:50:59 pm by Donnywolf »
Todays briefing is late, and todays lier is Matt Hancock

Does not matter which one they "chuck on" I always think the same thing ....

They look like this (which although it features the US President) - it applies to most Politicians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2n87YKSjrA

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 02, 2020, 05:59:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hancock has repeated the line about chemical reagents being in short supply globally. He quoted an authority on that. Donald Trump.

He then said the reason why we weren't able to develop test kits earlier was that we didn't have the manufacturers to do so. He said that we are now developing the capability.

But that raises the question I keep hammering on about. Why did it take until mid-March to start getting our shit together on this? Why were we not prioritising this in late January? This is the critical question about competence.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 02, 2020, 06:08:39 pm by Filo »
BBC conveniently cutting the briefing when Hancock is asked a question about him getting a test and NHS workers can’t!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 02, 2020, 06:12:59 pm by selby »
  Never mind lads it won't be long before the  cavalry will come over the hill to save us led by boring old Starmer the working class millionaire or Sally Sally Long Bailey  singing the red flag now known as the losers anthem.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 02, 2020, 06:18:29 pm by DonnyOsmond »
  Never mind lads it won't be long before the  cavalry will come over the hill to save us led by boring old Starmer the working class millionaire or Sally Sally Long Bailey  singing the red flag now known as the losers anthem.

What do you not like about Labour, out of interest?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 02, 2020, 06:21:53 pm by Filo »

Instead of politicking why don’t you contribute something useful, it appears you think this situation is funny, it’s not, grow up and act your age!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 02, 2020, 06:24:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby.

When you have a minute between your laughs. That Der Spiegel link?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 02, 2020, 06:28:13 pm by scawsby steve »

You'd be better off asking the millions of Northern voters who turned against them at the Election, although the answer is quite obvious.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 02, 2020, 06:53:48 pm by DonnyOsmond »

You'd be better off asking the millions of Northern voters who turned against them at the Election, although the answer is quite obvious.

I was asking Selby.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 02, 2020, 07:04:51 pm by tyke1962 »

You are aware I take it Selby that Starmer is one of five children , his father was a toolmaker and his mother a nurse .

Most definitely didn't have a silver spoon in his mouth unlike the present PM .

I wouldn't concern yourself over Long - Bailey too much , Starmer will win by a mile .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012