Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 07:54:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Boris Johson his good points  (Read 4597 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Boris Johson his good points
« on March 30, 2020, 12:50:14 am by SydneyRover »
So we can have a bit of objective balance here on the forum and give his supporters a fair go, here is chance to tell us why you support Johnson.

Feel free to tell us what he in his private life, working life or his life in his many official roles that has brought you to the conclusion that you can trust him, admire him or see anything at all positive about him  :)

PS: I hope this is not going to be like brexit and there is nothing positive :lol:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Boris Johson his good points
« Reply #1 on March 30, 2020, 04:27:27 pm by scawsby steve »
So we can have a bit of objective balance here on the forum and give his supporters a fair go, here is chance to tell us why you support Johnson.

Feel free to tell us what he in his private life, working life or his life in his many official roles that has brought you to the conclusion that you can trust him, admire him or see anything at all positive about him  :)

PS: I hope this is not going to be like brexit and there is nothing positive :lol:

Ridiculous thread Sydney, but just to appease you I'll give you a simple short answer. The country voted for Brexit; Johnson promised to deliver Brexit, the Labour Party threatened to stop Brexit.

That OK for you?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 30, 2020, 04:29:51 pm by Filo »

Ridiculous thread Sydney, but just to appease you I'll give you a simple short answer. The country voted for Brexit; Johnson promised to deliver Brexit, the Labour Party threatened to stop Brexit.

That OK for you?

And in a nutshell that is the problem in our Country, to people like that Brexit is all that matters and sod everything else and the consequences

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 30, 2020, 04:35:09 pm by IDM »
Did the county actually vote for the brexit Boris seems to be delivering.?  Did the country vote for him to lie to the Queen.?

Anyway, everything to do with brexit should move to the time when we don’t need to deal with Coronavirus..

Boris did bring in the new Routemaster.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 30, 2020, 04:35:38 pm by foxbat »
combined with the fact that Brexit is just to help millionaires keep dodging paying tax while everybody else gets worse off, buts keep paying tax to pay for all the infrastucture they use.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 30, 2020, 04:44:10 pm by drfchound »
Did the county actually vote for the brexit Boris seems to be delivering.?  Did the country vote for him to lie to the Queen.?

Anyway, everything to do with brexit should move to the time when we don’t need to deal with Coronavirus..

How many people actually knew how complicated it would be to get out of the EU.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 30, 2020, 04:45:47 pm by River Don »
Assuming you want to have some good points, for a tory he is surprisingly loose with the purse strings and didn't intend to pursue the policy of hard austerity as before.

After a slow, some might say negligent start, he has shown willing to follow expert advice now the enormity of Covid 19 has become clear. He has handled things a lot better than Trump.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 04:48:26 pm by River Don »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 30, 2020, 04:47:30 pm by scawsby steve »

Don't blame me IDM, Sydney asked the stupid question, not me.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 30, 2020, 05:08:29 pm by wilts rover »
Assuming you want to have some good points, for a tory he is surprisingly loose with the purse strings and didn't intend to pursue the policy of hard austerity as before.

After a slow, some might say negligent start, he has shown willing to follow expert advice now the enormity of Covid 19 has become clear. He has handled things a lot better than Trump.

Talk about damned with faint praise - handled things a lot better than Trump! Other than Iran its hard to think of any leader of any country in the world that has handled things worse than Trump.

So here's my tuppence. He is great advocate of environmentally friendly policies, especially cycling and walking in town and city centres. Although he didn't introduce the cycle scheme in London he vastly extended and improved it - so much so it came to bear his name.

Only last week he announced an 'unprecedented' future future transport policy that would favor cyclists walkers and public transport over private car use. That's why he is encouraging people to go out cycling & walking during the crises - better get used to it...

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-crisis-uk-public-transport-travel-cycling-driving-cars-a9431441.html

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 30, 2020, 05:16:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

How many people actually knew how complicated it would be to get out of the EU.

Lots. But they were shouted down as 'Project Fear'.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 30, 2020, 06:34:48 pm by selby »
  Compared to Jezza he has a tough job, after seeing him off Jezza just has an allotment to look after.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 30, 2020, 06:48:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
  Compared to Jezza he has a tough job, after seeing him off Jezza just has an allotment to look after.

He doesn't look after his allotment very well apparently. He spends most of his time sat on the fence.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 30, 2020, 07:10:26 pm by Metalmicky »

Not a glowing endorsement; however I wholeheartedly agree...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 30, 2020, 07:57:01 pm by drfchound »
Just a thought here.
A few days ago Sydney told me that the Aussie government are also getting slated over their handling of this virus, following a thumping they received for their poor handling of the bush fire problem.
I wonder whether there is a government anywhere that isn’t being ostracised by the people in their countries.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 30, 2020, 08:03:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quite the opposite Hound.

In most countries, the approval rating if sitting Govts has risen dramatically.

It's a "rally to the flag" thing. The interesting thing will be whether this continues long term.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 30, 2020, 08:10:04 pm by drfchound »
Fair enough BST, I didn’t know that.
There does appear to be some coming together here in England from what I have seen.
I was deployed to go to the supermarket for some essentials this morning.
I got there around 9am expecting a full car park and a big queue to line up in.
Instead, I was able to go straight in, found everything I needed and went straight to a checkout where I was second to be served.
The lady on the till told me that it seems as though the panic buying has calmed down over the last few days.
On my four mile journey home I saw only three other cars.
The main road through Hatfield has been extremely quiet all day.
Maybe, just maybe, the UK people in the main, have accepted that we have to do what we are told.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 30, 2020, 08:16:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Even Trump's approval ratings have gone up.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 30, 2020, 11:45:18 pm by SydneyRover »
Thanks SS nothing unexpected from you today  :)

It's strange that it took Wilts a non-supporter of johnson to find a positive about him while the rest of his supporters were too busy point scoring?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 31, 2020, 04:59:20 pm by scawsby steve »
Thanks SS nothing unexpected from you today  :)

It's strange that it took Wilts a non-supporter of johnson to find a positive about him while the rest of his supporters were too busy point scoring?

Who are his supporters? I didn't vote for him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 31, 2020, 06:09:46 pm by drfchound »
I don’t think that any of us voted for him, unless we have a poster who lives in his constituency.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 31, 2020, 06:35:36 pm by scawsby steve »
I don’t think that any of us voted for him, unless we have a poster who lives in his constituency.

Nice one mate. I'll have to re-phrase that one. I didn't vote Tory.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 31, 2020, 08:33:48 pm by selby »
  One big good point he has is he wins elections, it is a pity Labour might have to wait another generation to find someone like him. That is if they are about as a credible party by then, and have solved their internal strife.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 31, 2020, 10:17:09 pm by tyke1962 »
  One big good point he has is he wins elections, it is a pity Labour might have to wait another generation to find someone like him. That is if they are about as a credible party by then, and have solved their internal strife.

The best thing Johnson can do for this country is self isolate for the next decade .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 31, 2020, 10:25:49 pm by SydneyRover »

Yes he does selby and the result is the conversation we are having on the conorvirus thread.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 31, 2020, 10:29:14 pm by SydneyRover »
Fall in Covid-19 tests putting lives at risk, critics claim

UK fails to reach goal of 10,000 daily tests, prompting accusations ministers are misleading public

Looks like lies are now part of everyday life for this government

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/30/fall-in-covid-19-tests-putting-lives-at-risk-critics-claim

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 31, 2020, 10:49:04 pm by tommy toes »
I wonder if he really has got the virus or it's a cunning plan to stop him continuing to make a fool of himsen at the daily briefings.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 31, 2020, 11:14:39 pm by SydneyRover »
He's a genius it's those that voted that him in are the the fools TT

added: or didn't vote

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 31, 2020, 11:31:00 pm by SydneyRover »
And to top it off johnson hires a PR guys instead of fixing the problems??????

Johnson rehires election chief to sharpen coronavirus messaging

Isaac Levido, protege of Lynton Crosby, to tighten up public health campaign after criticism

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/31/johnson-rehires-election-chief-to-sharpen-coronavirus-messaging

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 01, 2020, 12:20:37 am by bpoolrover »
Fall in Covid-19 tests putting lives at risk, critics claim

UK fails to reach goal of 10,000 daily tests, prompting accusations ministers are misleading public

Looks like lies are now part of everyday life for this government

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/30/fall-in-covid-19-tests-putting-lives-at-risk-critics-claim
my wife is a nurse and am they have plenty of tests but for some reason are not testing many people, not sure you can blame everything on the goverment, while yes I’m sure they have made mistakes some of the judgements within the nhs at the minute are woeful

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 01, 2020, 12:41:45 am by SydneyRover »
My sympathies go to your wife and all those on the front line workers and I praise them for being there bp but if the government that is responsible for funding, policies, the NHS, the running of the country as they have been for 10 years is not to blame then who the f*ck is ffs?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012