Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:33:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Premiership Captains  (Read 1136 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Premiership Captains
« on April 06, 2020, 02:08:36 pm by Draytonian III »
Are all having a meeting about a wage cuts etc, but is the real issue is how many have played against Rovers, or in one case for the Rovers 😉 I don’t know the answer but all their photos are on the back page of the paper, and it made me think

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rich1471

• Forum Member
Re: Premiership Captains
« Reply #1 on April 06, 2020, 03:00:41 pm by rich1471 »
England men's manager Gareth Southgate and women's boss Phil Neville are to take a 30% pay cut to their salaries as two of the Football Association's highest earning employees.

Southgate earns £3m a year while Neville reportedly earns up to £300,000 as head coach of the Lionesses.

Chief executive Mark Bullingham said it was "challenging times" and did not "take these decisions lightly."

The government's furlough scheme is being looked at as a contingency plan.

The FA said employees earning £50,000 or more a year will take a temporary pay reduction of 7.5%, while senior management agreed a 15% cut.

Bullingham also said the financial impact of postponements including England international fixtures, FA Cup matches and Wembley events will contribute to a loss of about £100m, but it could increase to £150m depending on "the government's necessary medical measures."

Bullingham, who earns about £800,000 a year, added: "Along with many other organisations across the country, we are currently reviewing our financial model during this challenging period. FROM THE BBC , it must be horrible to lose 30% of 3 million

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 06, 2020, 04:38:15 pm by drfchound »
Instead of the players taking a 30% pay cut, which I understand will reduce income tax revenue to the government by £200million, would it not make more sense for them to be paid in full then each player give 30% to the NHS.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 06, 2020, 05:57:25 pm by ravenrover »
That is what Jordan Henderson is trying to achieve agreement on with other clubs

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 06, 2020, 05:59:12 pm by selby »
  Hound I would lay a bet that that £200 million is the figure roughly what the sum of their wages that should be paid.
   When the accountants and agents then get to work I would think the exchequer get's nothing like that amount.
  I don't think the UK or German and Italian tax people are anywhere as thorough as the Spanish at making players pay their Taxes.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 08:53:42 pm by selby »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 06, 2020, 06:45:03 pm by drfchound »
  Hound I would lay a bet that that £200 million is the figure roughly what the sum of their wages that should be payed.
   When the accountants and agents then get to work I would think the exchequer get's nothing like that amount.
  I don't think the UK or German and Italian tax people are anywhere as thorough as the Spanish at making players pay their Taxes.

The £200million figure is the one being widely reported as being missed to the exchequer should the pay reduction go ahead.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012