Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:26:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: KFC anyone ?  (Read 1492 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
KFC anyone ?
« on May 06, 2020, 06:14:03 am by Donnywolf »
Opened yesterday and it looks like they are on to a winner if this "new" outlet near Sandall Park is owt to go by
https://www.facebook.com/glen.monks.146/videos/10157442221693237/UzpfSTE0MDMyNDUxMjE6Vks6MjU2MTA4NjUxNDEzMTgwNw/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: KFC anyone ?
« Reply #1 on May 06, 2020, 09:34:26 am by SydneyRover »
Opened yesterday and it looks like they are on to a winner if this "new" outlet near Sandall Park is owt to go by
https://www.facebook.com/glen.monks.146/videos/10157442221693237/UzpfSTE0MDMyNDUxMjE6Vks6MjU2MTA4NjUxNDEzMTgwNw/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

I can't remember ever going into KFC, I've been into maccas about 6 times.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 06, 2020, 09:45:51 am by Filo »
Anyone sitting in a queue for KFC drive through of more than 3 or 4 cars should be declared insane and have their driving licence revoked, disgusting lowest grade chicken

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 06, 2020, 09:53:06 am by keyser_soze »
Anyone sitting in a queue for KFC drive through of more than 3 or 4 cars should be declared insane and have their driving licence revoked, disgusting lowest grade chicken

I'm still tempted. And i live an hours drive from Donny!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 06, 2020, 11:30:55 am by River Don »
I've never understood the appeal of Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Cheap chicken thighs fried in very greasy batter. And the French fries are low grade, not even reaching the standards of the likes of McDonalds.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 06, 2020, 11:37:24 am by keyser_soze »
I'm a fan of KFC. Its all in the skin and coating for me when cooked properly! Very hit and miss though, when done properly its great, but more often than not its a greasy disappointment. The gravy (essentially the scrapings from the bottom of the fryer) is fantastic with the chips, so long as it is thick enough for a chip to stand up in) They actually improved the chips in the last couple of years, they are now chunkier skin-on fries.

The chicken pieces are often greasy, you're right but hot wings, chicken mini fillets and the fillet tower burgers are a winner, far superior to the equivalent at McDonalds, and just don't have that suspicious uniformity and blandness.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 06, 2020, 12:29:50 pm by IDM »
Boneless banquet with gravy is a winner, on the occasions where we are out and about it’s better than some of the other crap around..

The “pieces” are not, far too much bone than meat in my experience.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 06, 2020, 12:34:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I liked the idea of boneless but when I tried it I thought it wasn't as tasty as with the bones.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 06, 2020, 01:24:38 pm by Donnywolf »
How did the Cops not jump on that queue and ask the simple questions

Can you class this journey as necessary ?

Are all these 5 people part of your family group - as in do you all live in the same house ?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 06, 2020, 02:21:24 pm by IDM »
Well eating is essential, and if people drive to kfc whilst maintaining social distancing, and if the car occupants are all from the same household, that shouldn’t be an issue.

We are allowed out for health reasons, and for exercise.  In my opinion that includes maintaining mental health.  This is why we can go to diy shops.  Of course, painting your dining room or building some decking isn’t essential, but if you’re stuck at home going stir crazy then doing these things keeps you going mentally..

With food, a bit of variety and having options such as kfc drive thru or dominos delivery, again not essential but if they cheer folks up and can be done safely, that can’t be a problem.?

If it is supposed to be not allowed to go out in order to do those things, then those stores wouldn’t be open.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 06, 2020, 02:30:47 pm by keyser_soze »
Yes, the only reason B&Q and KFC shut in the first place was because they couldn't maintain social distancing. They were never ordered to close in the same way Sports Direct etc were.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 06, 2020, 03:46:54 pm by River Don »
I suppose the issue with fast food is protecting the staff and creating effective, socially distanced work stations. And ensuring the food and packaging remain uncontaminated.

I would imagine that keeping distant is easier for staff working in a B&Q warehouse.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 06, 2020, 06:12:25 pm by redarmy82 »
They've also dramatically increased their prices.

A tenner for a zinger burger meal. No thanks.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 06, 2020, 07:02:56 pm by Donnywolf »
I suppose the issue with fast food is protecting the staff and creating effective, socially distanced work stations. And ensuring the food and packaging remain uncontaminated.

I would imagine that keeping distant is easier for staff working in a B&Q warehouse.

Yes good points again

I might be nesh being almost 70 but I REALLY dont want to catch this bloody thing - and so although I do go out (Wife doesnt drive) I try to keep it to a minimum

I would love Fish and Chips from my favourite shop or Beer from my favourite 2 or 3 Pubs - or a Dominos Pizza but I think having stayed in like most other people I dont feel comfortable getting take aways from any of those 3 sources

Nor I have to say would I go to football yet even if they opened it up this Saturday or May 30th - and not until the deaths in the community have almost disappeared 

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 06, 2020, 09:29:49 pm by Nudga »
Strange, I love a sticky bucket but hate KFC.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 07, 2020, 09:57:58 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Don't know why they didn't just do delivery only through Just eat. Surely makes more sense. They were on just eat before lockdown.

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 07, 2020, 11:13:00 pm by redwine »
Mmm, Kentucky Fried Covid, lovely

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 08, 2020, 09:16:34 am by drfchound »
I went past that KFC yesterday afternoon.
The cars were queuing from the road, onto the roundabout and into the car park again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012