Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:45:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Its one rule for one...  (Read 1003 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Its one rule for one...
« on May 27, 2020, 08:47:42 pm by wilts rover »
Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick (he of the 4 houses but not quite sure which is my main one fame) has admitted showing 'apparent bias' in approving a housing development proposed by a company owned by a significant Tory Party donor.

The Housing Secretary overuled local planning officers objections to revisions to the development a day before his own new rules came in - which would have cost the developer up to £50m.

The revised scheme has now been overturned in the courts after the Government refused to submit a defence to it - as this would have involved disclosing the emails between the developer and Jenrick.

The housing secretary admitted that the timing of his decision “would lead the fair-minded and informed observer to conclude that there was a real possibility” he was biased in favour of the developer.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/robert-jenrick-bias-tower-hamlets-westferry-printworks-richard-desmond-northern-shell-a9534941.html

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: Its one rule for one...
« Reply #1 on May 27, 2020, 09:26:23 pm by Draytonian III »
I met him once, he’s my MP, he doesn’t talk to you he talks at you with no interaction

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 28, 2020, 06:41:13 am by Donnywolf »
He seems symptomatic of all the Liar Johnson devotees.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 28, 2020, 07:19:02 am by SydneyRover »
Why do they do it, is it loyalty before integrity have these people no morality.

''A spokesperson for the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government denied any favouritism towards Desmond’s proposed property development at the site of a former printworks''

If a faceless spokes from the ministry wants to defend this rubbish then maybe journalists should insist someone put their name to it or they print that 'noone was willing to expose themselves to ridicule trying to defend this'

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/27/richard-desmond-housing-project-unlawfully-approved-robert-jenrick-isle-dogs-london-avoid-40m-hit

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 29, 2020, 12:51:13 pm by Metalmicky »
I met him once, he’s my MP, he doesn’t talk to you he talks at you with no interaction

Didn't know you were a fellow Newark man... whereabouts you live mate? Only asking out of interest not in a stalking type way :)   I live off Winthorpe Lane.  Agree with you about Jenrick... met him a Town Hall event a while back and found him very forgettable...... although if manages to get us a by-pass I may like him more...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 29, 2020, 01:02:39 pm by Filo »

Didn't know you were a fellow Newark man... whereabouts you live mate? Only asking out of interest not in a stalking type way :)   I live off Winthorpe Lane.  Agree with you about Jenrick... met him a Town Hall event a while back and found him very forgettable...... although if manages to get us a by-pass I may like him more...

Spent many a time Fishing the Trent in that area in the 80’s, Winthorpe, South Muskam, Newark Dyke, Farndon, Fiskerton

TinyPortal © 2005-2012