Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:07:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Covid symptom study (Kings College)  (Read 972 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Covid symptom study (Kings College)
« on June 06, 2020, 06:12:00 am by roverstillidie91 »
Seeing as they haven't got the official NHS track and trace app going not sure if this has already been posed but there is this app through Kings College @ London you just report your health each day and ask any associated questions for research purposes.

Has got nearly 4 million subscribers.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tommy toes

• Forum Member
Re: Covid symptom study (Kings College)
« Reply #1 on June 06, 2020, 07:52:42 am by tommy toes »
I've been doing this for many weeks since BST alerted us to it.
I've shared it around social media too.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 06, 2020, 10:21:38 am by silent majority »
Myself and my wife have been doing this since the day it was announced.

And before BST alerted us.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 06, 2020, 10:56:33 am by Jonathan »
I’ve been doing it since the day before it was announced.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 06, 2020, 12:31:47 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I've been doing it since before anybody invented it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 06, 2020, 02:20:13 pm by drfchound »
I’ve seen you doing it.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 06, 2020, 07:06:46 pm by 5minstogo »
Interesting that Doncaster appears to be a hotspot with 1.1% of users showing symptoms.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 08, 2020, 01:02:13 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Am surprised it hasn't had more of a take up than near the 4 million registered if anything for statistical purposes can help slow the spread it can only be a good thing.

Especially if this NHS track and trace app is stalling too.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 16, 2020, 06:35:29 am by roverstillidie91 »
For anyone who hasn't used this it has now got 4 million subscribers and I think it has been rising at quite a fast rate so please join if you haven't and shared via facebook, whats app etc there is a section where you can share the app.

It is ever so more important personally as my partner is unable to have an operation unless it is life threatening and until there is no positive covid 19 patients in DRI. It is more important as ever to keep hygienic and maintain social distancing and the associated guidance. Plus for all the other patients that require life saving treatment and cancer patients etc.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 16, 2020, 06:45:09 am by Donnywolf »
Oh what joy - The 4 Yorkshiremen sketch alive and well at this time in a morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKHFZBUTA4k&list=RDVKHFZBUTA4k&start_radio=1&t=0

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 27, 2020, 03:30:31 pm by roverstillidie91 »
* Just a reminder how important it is for existing members to keep logging each day and sharing the app where possible to predict where outbreaks are *

Tim Spector, Professor of Genetic Epidemiology at King's College London, comments:

“We are now starting to see the figures in the North creep up week on week. The numbers are still very small so we can’t say with 100% certainty that COVID is increasing significantly but it does make us focus on those areas.

To understand if these increases are significant or not, we need as many people as possible in these areas to be logging in the app. So we are calling for people living in the North, to download the app and get logging, as without them, it will make spotting any real hotspots accurately much harder.

This week, the app also revealed that COVID symptoms and outcomes get worse in colder, less humid weather, which makes it even more important that we get this virus under control as we only have a month or two of warm weather left. Our data suggests that levels have bottomed out at around 2000 cases per day which is too many, so we all need to be conscious of the dangers and to continue to practice high levels of personal hygiene, wear a face mask, social distance and know all the signs of early disease.”

TinyPortal © 2005-2012