Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:23:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Face Coverings  (Read 3047 times)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
Face Coverings
« on June 21, 2020, 08:34:05 am by EasyforDennis »
Has anyone at the club considered getting any DRFC face coverings made? I appreciate it wouldn't  add a huge amount to club funds but every little helps. I am sure many of our supporters would be more than happy to wear their club colours /logo on a face covering and they could be made locally at very little cost.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Face Coverings
« Reply #1 on June 21, 2020, 09:07:01 am by Filo »
On the subject of face coverings, I had to wear a face mask for a doctors appointment last week, had to take my glasses off in the end because they kept steaming up

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 21, 2020, 10:09:44 am by Nudga »
WHO said they were ineffective.

He's mine anyway.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 21, 2020, 10:20:53 am by silent majority »
Has anyone at the club considered getting any DRFC face coverings made? I appreciate it wouldn't  add a huge amount to club funds but every little helps. I am sure many of our supporters would be more than happy to wear their club colours /logo on a face covering and they could be made locally at very little cost.

I've asked a couple of weeks ago.

The club were having a meeting with the kit suppliers so I'm awaiting the outcome of that.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 21, 2020, 06:52:38 pm by graingrover »
i feel sure they will be obligatory when stadiums te open assuming that to be around September ..they are all the rage already in The Italian football world

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 21, 2020, 07:23:39 pm by Nudga »
i feel sure they will be obligatory when stadiums te open assuming that to be around September ..they are all the rage already in The Italian football world

Count me out.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 21, 2020, 07:35:37 pm by roversdude »
Is there not now evidence that most cases are from touching and not airborne ? Genuine question I’m thinking of implications to reopening stadia

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 22, 2020, 10:05:09 am by DRNaith »
Is there not now evidence that most cases are from touching and not airborne ? Genuine question I’m thinking of implications to reopening stadia

There's a whole lot of process thinking to with masks. If you know you shouldn't touch your face, having a face mask make the act of touching your face less automatic.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 22, 2020, 04:07:56 pm by Move DRFC »
You need to wear them for all forms of public transport and I’m sure you will do in footy stadiums. Its just the way it is now. Don’t think you’ll have a choice in the matter haha

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 22, 2020, 04:59:17 pm by drfchound »
Even wearing a mask isn’t guaranteed to keep you safe though.
In a crowd you  might touch something with the virus on it then inadvertently transmit it to yourself or a family member when you get home.
Lots of droplets in the air too when the ref makes a bad decision.
They could go home on your clothes too.

CGJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 22, 2020, 07:15:08 pm by CGJ »
On public transport a face covering is a requirement which can be something other than a mask.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 22, 2020, 10:36:41 pm by roversontheup »
In a crowd you  might touch something with the virus on it then inadvertently transmit it to yourself or a family member when you get home.

Whilst wearing a mask might give you a bit of protection it’s main use is to protect other people.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 22, 2020, 10:45:58 pm by drfchound »

Whilst wearing a mask might give you a bit of protection it’s main use is to protect other people.

Yeah I know that but they aren’t totally safe, don’t forget that people will be removing them to eat and drink.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 22, 2020, 10:51:08 pm by roversontheup »
Yes agreed. I guess thats why hand hygiene is so important. I carry a small bottle of 80% alcohol based hand gel with me all the time. At least that gives me some protection if I touch something with the virus on it and then touch my face.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 22, 2020, 11:05:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Face coverings are relatively effective at stopping someone WITH the virus from passing it on. They don't help people without the virus from picking it up (or at least not much).

So choosing to wear one or not is an indication of whether you are prepared to put yourself out a bit for society, or if you are just a selfish t**t.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 23, 2020, 08:26:51 am by drfchound »
There will be plenty of selfish tw**s in any crowd.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 23, 2020, 09:26:50 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Face coverings are relatively effective at stopping someone WITH the virus from passing it on. They don't help people without the virus from picking it up (or at least not much).

So choosing to wear one or not is an indication of whether you are prepared to put yourself out a bit for society, or if you are just a selfish t**t.

What if like me you have asthma or other breathing issues and would find it pretty uncomfortable?  No doubt I'll be judged as I have many a time for medical things but I'll be doing what I need to.  It's a really difficult decision to make for some people.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 23, 2020, 03:47:59 pm by EasyforDennis »

What if like me you have asthma or other breathing issues and would find it pretty uncomfortable?  No doubt I'll be judged as I have many a time for medical things but I'll be doing what I need to.  It's a really difficult decision to make for some people.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to get back to KMS if I had asthma or breathing problems. Certainly not under the present situation.

ROVERSBELLY

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 26, 2020, 01:33:01 pm by ROVERSBELLY »
Now available through Elite Pro @ £5.99 each or 2 for £10.00

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 28, 2020, 07:32:30 am by RobTheRover »

I wouldn't be in a hurry to get back to KMS if I had asthma or breathing problems. Certainly not under the present situation.

I would, and I get mild asthma with hay-fever in the summer months.

The guidance so far is that outdoors there is far less of a risk than indoors and surfaces are more of a risk than airborne.

Perhaps if supporters were only admitted wearing masks and gloves and with social distancing meaning, say, every third seat was allocated to a fan (I. E. grounds could be 1/3rd of capacity ) we could see some fans returning to watch games.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 28, 2020, 09:44:14 am by DRNaith »
I think with distancing needed forward and backwards, as well as left to right, capacity would be far less than a third, sadly

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 28, 2020, 10:03:34 am by IDM »
 By the time football starts again, I wouldn’t be surprised if the social distancing rules had been relaxed enough to permit fans back into the stadiums.

That’s not a political issue either - if the existing relaxations prove to be successful over the next month or so then it wouldn’t be a surprise if there are more easings to come.

What is unpredictable is when these may be announced and when they could come into force.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 28, 2020, 10:05:56 am by LincsRover »
I might be over optimistic here but, the way this government are (mis)handling this Covid situation, I could see a situation where limited crowds are allowed in but only if wearing a face mask to reduce the possible spread. If I’m at the keepmoat I don’t want my boring work one on so I’ve ordered a couple to keep it in rovers colours & to go with my new (last season) home shirt and gilet that I recently bought.

It all helps the cash flow of the club so it’s a win:win. And lets face it, when all this virus shite is history it will be a nice souvenir to show the grandchildren & remind them that there was a time when there used to be 91 teams in the football league - before Covid. Hopefully rovers will be one of them that survive because not all of them will.

:rtid:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 28, 2020, 10:08:48 am by IDM »
In “normal” times you often see fans with scarves tied around their faces.. if we are talking about face coverings rather than medical grade PPE, that could work too.?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012