Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:34:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fund raising  (Read 2290 times)

godlike1

• Forum Member
Fund raising
« on June 24, 2020, 08:41:23 pm by godlike1 »
Have been catching up with the latest news regarding rovers seemingly precarious position financially, which given where we are is no surprise. It got me thinking though whether we as fans need to start thinking about some fundraising streams for the club.

Those who have donated their season tickets have been brilliant but not knowing what is happening next season or even if fans will be allowed to go to games suggest it could be the end given some tweats from liam today.

Its not just our club suffering but I feel there must be something we could do over and above what has been asked by the club already.

Question is, do we need to, is the situation that bad? Do we have the appetite? Will the owners cover the losses even more until it gets back to normal?

I can't profess to know what to do for fundraising in the current lockdown at this min but would do what I could to support any idea others came up with.

This is not meant to be an over reaction thread by the way, it is a call to other fellow rovers fans to ask how we can come together, like we have in the past to show our support in force for the club over and above that which we have   been already asked to do.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pib

• Forum Member
Re: Fund raising
« Reply #1 on June 24, 2020, 08:47:14 pm by pib »
Was thinking about this this morning as it happens.

Maybe SM would know better than anyone - where does the club get the most bang for buck (from us supporters) aside from ticket sales?
Club shop purchases? Subscribing to iFollow? Is there a way the club can raise donations and see 100% of the benefit?

Now the restrictions are being eased slightly, is there an opportunity for the club to utilise the facilities and the BV bar to bring in some revenue? Socially distanced food, drink and Rovers chat maybe? Drive-in screenings of classic Rovers matches in the car park?

Someone has already mentioned it but Rovers branded face masks might do well if the opportunity was there.

Mad ideas maybe but like any business, Rovers will need to think outside the box here to bring some money in.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 24, 2020, 08:47:56 pm by drfchound »
Who was it that put the tweets out today?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 24, 2020, 09:23:25 pm by silent majority »
Hi pib, godlike,

Thanks for raising this and offering a few good ideas.

Firstly the one 100% revenue stream is season tickets obviously, but we also have the lottery, which is what we promoted originally. Whilst revenue through the shop and Ifollow is good we still only see a percentage of that.

But the club are working on some very good offers that we hope can raise some considerable funds. As always they will be unique and structured to add value for the individual supporter who does want to go that bit further and contribute a bit more in order to help the club through this tough spell.

Just watch this space, and the club website and social media. We'll put the information out within the next day or so.

Juddy

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 25, 2020, 01:01:25 pm by Juddy »
Could we have a coin trail? Two metre apart £1 coins around  the Keepmoat perimeter road

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 25, 2020, 01:52:50 pm by silent majority »
Details are here;

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/irswt---donations/

Following an incredible reaction to In Rovers Supporters We Trust (IRSWT), the club has received a number of queries from fans asking if they can make further donations.

We are extremely grateful to all of these supporters and thank those who have already made donations on top of not claiming their refunds.

As a thank you to those wishing to make further donations, we have put together the following so that supporters can receive something from the club in appreciation of their generosity.

IRSWT £10 donation - Paint a Brick

Supporters making a minimum donation of £10 can choose a brick within our IRSWT wall of colour which we’ll be introducing at Keepmoat Stadium. We’ll paint bricks red and white and write your name or that of a loved one on the wall as a season-long tribute to IRWST.

Click here to donate £10 https://tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk/en-GB/merchandise/product/paint%20a%20brick

IRSWT £25 donation - Your Pitch

Donate £25 and you can claim your own part of the Keepmoat Stadium pitch in 2020/21.   A 50cm x 50cm square of the pitch will be reseeded this summer in your honour.  You’ll receive a certificate to say you played your part in the 2020/21 season.

Supporters can also choose to claim either a DNA Card or Purple Vouchers book.

Click here to donate £25  https://tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk/en-GB/merchandise/product/your%20pitch

IRSWT £50 donation - Fuelled by Fans

Have your name printed on a giant “Thank You Doncaster Rovers Supporters” placard that will be placed in the first team coach for all away games.

At the end of the season, the placard will be signed by all the players and auctioned off to support the club’s chosen charities.

Supporters can also choose to claim either a DNA Card or Purple Vouchers book.

Click here to donate £50 https://tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk/en-GB/merchandise/product/fuelled%20by%20the%20fans

IRSWT £75 donation - We are Doncaster

The club will print a We Are Doncaster message board that will be printed and displayed in the players media area located outside the players tunnel.

A £75 donation will give supporters an opportunity to have their name printed on the board and we’ll arrange for you to have an official photo taken against the message board at some point during the season, the photo will be signed by the first team squad.

Supporters will also receive a DNA Card or Purple Vouchers book

Click here to donate £75  https://tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk/en-GB/merchandise/product/we%20are%20doncaster

IRSWT £100 + donation 

Supporters can participate in We Are Doncaster, Fuelled by Fans, Your Pitch and Paint a Brick and will also receive a DNA Card or Purple Vouchers book.

Donations of any amount can be made. If you reach the threshold you will receive a thank you gift. You do not accumulate gifts except if the donation is over £100.

Click here to donate £100  https://tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk/en-GB/merchandise/product/we%20are%20doncaster%2c%20fuelled%20by%20the%20fans%2c%20your%20pitch%20and%20paint%20a%20brick

If you would like to donate any other amount – please email tickets@clubdoncaster.co.uk using the subject line: IRSWT – Donation

Everyone at Doncaster Rovers would like to thank all our fans for their incredible support over the past season and in particular the last three months. We understand that not all supporters are able to donate financially at this time, and we want to thank those fans for their kind messages of support.

For those looking at supporting the club in other ways, then purchases such as a lottery subscription (click here for details https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/fans/rovers-lottery/), DNA Card (click here for details https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/tickets/dna-card/) or Club Doncaster vouchers (click here for details https://tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk/en-GB/giftvouchers/gift%20voucher) are methods in which you can support your club and receive benefits from your purchases.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to the Keepmoat Stadium once it is safe to do so.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 12:51:09 pm by silent majority »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 25, 2020, 02:06:41 pm by GazLaz »
A crowd funded club, what a novel idea.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 25, 2020, 02:09:08 pm by Metalmicky »
SM,

Good news that.  FYI, the links to lottery subscription, DNA Card and Club Doncaster vouchers don't work..... I realise that it was a cut and paste, but you may want to change...

Also, has any thought gone into a share issue?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 25, 2020, 02:23:33 pm by silent majority »
SM,

Good news that.  FYI, the links to lottery subscription, DNA Card and Club Doncaster vouchers don't work..... I realise that it was a cut and paste, but you may want to change...

Also, has any thought gone into a share issue?

Yep, sorry. A bit busy at work so just wanted to put it out there.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 26, 2020, 12:51:39 pm by silent majority »
I've updated the links if anybody wishes to use these.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 26, 2020, 01:06:43 pm by northern soul »
SM - Slightly off topic, but are the bricks in the stadium corners still available do you know?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 26, 2020, 01:15:44 pm by silent majority »
SM - Slightly off topic, but are the bricks in the stadium corners still available do you know?

Yes I believe so. They started a new section recently.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 26, 2020, 04:53:17 pm by northern soul »

Yes I believe so. They started a new section recently.

Fab, thanks for the reply.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 26, 2020, 05:40:17 pm by adamtherover »

Those who have donated their season tickets have been brilliant but not knowing what is happening next season or even if fans will be allowed to go to games suggest it could be the end given some tweats from liam today.

Can you expand on what the end might entail? Doesn't sound good, have you a link to his tweet? Thanks..

bigallan

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 26, 2020, 06:25:14 pm by bigallan »
Just done my £100 every little bit helps

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 26, 2020, 08:09:09 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Just bought a bit of pitch.

UTR.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 26, 2020, 09:49:02 pm by since-1969 »
Have been catching up with the latest news regarding rovers seemingly precarious position financially, which given where we are is no surprise. It got me thinking though whether we as fans need to start thinking about some fundraising streams for the club.

Its not just our club suffering but I feel there must be something we could do over and above what has been asked by the club already.

Question is, do we need to, is the situation that bad? Do we have the appetite? Will the owners cover the losses even more until it gets back to normal?

I can't profess to know what to do for fundraising in the current lockdown at this min but would do what I could to support any idea others came up with.

This is not meant to be an over reaction thread by the way, it is a call to other fellow rovers fans to ask how we can come together, like we have in the past to show our support in force for the club over and above that which we have   been already asked to do.
Fund raising has a ring of doom about it . This is business and it’s customers are missing out on its purchase . Do we buy knowing  we can’t watch but buy anyway seeing it more as an investment and look further ahead to seeing the investment pay off . Speculative investments can have huge rewards if the people you are investing in are builders and just not dragging their feet looking for an easy solution to hard a problem .

IMO If Rovers need cash then they may need to longer term season tickets like 3yr or 5 yr season tickets at a fixed price pre-paid or perpetual payment ticket where you pay regularly over same 3 or 5 yrs and an agreed price but greater than a pre-paid  ticket prices .
 The board don’t have many options one maybe open to them is either sell or to encourage others  take a stake thereby reducing their own stake and over all value ie a take loss to keep the club ticking over or continue bankrolling . Reducing the budget will only reduce expectations and perceptions that it’s beyond them financially to go beyond L1 . Covid 19 has effected EVERYTHING but it will end and losses will be felt by EVERYONE and those who take a longer term view will survive if they can take the supporters with them . 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 11:57:17 pm by since-1969 »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 27, 2020, 08:11:02 am by Donnywolf »
Have often received items from Rovers that I dont really want (not being ungrateful) - 10 Years of being a Season Ticket Holder - various Shirts Scarves etc and once or twice (sorry TracyB) Match tickets etc that I have won

I have offered them to people on here and Idler and Hoola and others have been recipients after offering/agreeing  to pay for them . I then leave the items to aid the Foodbank and SM and Jimmydee kindly accept the items and the buyer rolls up and gives the fee as a donation to the Foodbank - win win ?

So I was just wondering if we as a Forum could do something similar with the Club being the cash recipient for a while ?

Goods could be collated and sold via EBay maybe - or via a giant Raffle - or something more constructive / novel .

Something novel like a giant Treasure Hunt - hundreds of squares with the items sealed in plastic bags below the sand. Pay an amount for a go and win what is underneath (with a few blanks of course) or a virtual Peg board online which would be less messy ! Car Boot sale on a Sunday with items priced up and no bartering and / or a Tombola as well. Decide on a price per go and - well you know the rest.

Equally there could be / must be a much better way than I have outlined but essentially collect unwanted items and redirect them for cash to the Club

There must be loads of people with signed Shirts (Ive got an Andy Butler appreciating in value by the day) for a start which I would gladly hand over - maybe a Keepmoat First Game v Terriers and that kind of thing ? I reckon we could easily get to between 500 and 1000 items maybe many many more

Any good do you reckon ?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 08:23:19 am by Donnywolf »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 27, 2020, 09:47:48 am by Draytonian III »
I think you’ve just got yourself a job there , great idea , but your not having my Jack Lewis tie-ups from Barnsley (H) I had to run onto the pitch in my parka after the final whistle to retrieve them after seeing him discard them in the 2nd half

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 27, 2020, 10:54:10 am by Donnywolf »
Wouldt blame you for keeping them !

Others must have loads of stuff though - my problem ? No Grandkids Nephews and Nieces are all getting on as well but with 12 or so Great Nephews and Nieces if I have one thing to give away who do I choose ?

Solution - none of them - so I have stuff as described above which I donate to Foodbank and there must be lots of other people with similar stuff as well

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 27, 2020, 11:00:38 am by silent majority »
I'm expecting to have another chat with the club in the next few days so we can evaluate how the fund raising is going, and maybe explore other ideas.

Just for information purposes, Grimsby Town supporters have raised over £100k for their club, and Exeter City have raised over £40k. What the supporters can do may well be the difference next season.

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 27, 2020, 11:19:11 am by ridgewoodrover »
If Grimsby and Exeter can raise a decent amount I’d be surprised if we don’t at least match grimsby’s effort. Happily donated yesterday  :rtid:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 27, 2020, 11:50:40 am by graingrover »
i have donated too but this really needs to be pushed hard into all quarters of the existing fan base through the Supporters club , local press and all social media channels ...for WEEKS not just a few days and if every fan were to chip in £100 that would be give us  £700,000 and see us through the close season . For exceptional needs come exceptional fans .Yes I know ...that’s 30 pints or 50 cappuccinos .
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 11:53:30 am by graingrover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012