Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 01:29:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sadlier released  (Read 12508 times)

kieranDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Sadlier released
« Reply #30 on June 25, 2020, 11:47:04 am by kieranDRFC »
The rumour across in Hull is that he’s agreed to join them in principle if they stay in the Championship. Why anyone would want to join them I’ve no idea...

It'll be the McCann factor.. Although i can't see him being there next season

https://twitter.com/Essential_Alex/status/1274994684457345024?s=20 This makes for interesting reading what the Athletic leaked regarding Hull's budget etc

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 25, 2020, 11:49:39 am by dknward2 »
He will go where the money is if we offered him say 3k a week but hull dropped into league one but offered 3.2k a week he will go there

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 25, 2020, 12:03:02 pm by selby »
Not a good time for any young player to be released, and a few of those were not a million miles away from probably getting something in  normal times, if not with us other teams lower down.
  I wish them all the best of luck whatever they now aspire to do, unfortunately we are one of those clubs that whenever we unearth a player above the average, other bigger clubs will try and turn their heads to go to them, and we are not the only club in that position. McCann may not be at Hull in a couple of weeks and things may change if they are after him.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 25, 2020, 12:10:00 pm by Filo »
Hoden's just tweeted that the door isn't completely closed on Sadlier, but he's waiting to see how the Championship season plays out. But I wouldn't hold out much hope personally.

Thats interesting, I wonder if it’s Hull that he’s lined up and he’s waiting to see if they stay in the Championship

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 25, 2020, 12:34:21 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Get in Lokilo and Pereira and we're not far off for the attacking 3 with Coppinger and Taylor in there too.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 25, 2020, 12:35:11 pm by Filo »
Get in Lokilo and Pereira and we're not far off for the attacking 3 with Coppinger and Taylor in there too.

How do you know Copps will sign a new contract?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 25, 2020, 12:45:49 pm by Campsall rover »
He will go where the money is if we offered him say 3k a week but hull dropped into league one but offered 3.2k a week he will go there
If the difference was only £200 a week and Hull are in League 1 imo he would be barmy to leave us.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 25, 2020, 12:48:42 pm by DonnyOsmond »

I don't. I'm just basing it on the assumption we keep the players we've offered contracts to.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 25, 2020, 01:07:18 pm by Campsall rover »
Thought Blaney & Watters might have been offered deals.

Can only think it is either an attitude problem he may have or a financial one as a reason Cole was not offered a contract.

Greaves was a bit of a surprise to me as i have not been overly impressed when i have seen him in the check a trade matches.
I know Brian ( Selby ) has seen him play often in the development team and usually had a good word to say about his performances.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 01:34:06 pm by Campsall rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 25, 2020, 01:18:33 pm by drfchound »

I don't. I'm just basing it on the assumption we keep the players we've offered contracts to.

We offered Sadlier a contract.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 25, 2020, 01:19:36 pm by drfchound »
Can only think it is either an attitude problem he may have or a financial one as a reason Cole was not offered a contract.
Greaves was a bit of a surprise to me as i have not been overly impressed when i have seen him in the check a trade matches.
I know Brian ( Selby ) has seen him play often in the development team and usually had a good word to say about his performances.

I was very underwhelmed by Cole.
Maybe DM also thought the same.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 25, 2020, 01:21:25 pm by Dutch Uncle »

I am guessing a bit here, but if a maximum of 20 ‘senior’ players were to be introduced, and if the definition of senior is over 21 on 1 September, then both Blaney and Watters would count as 2 of the 20. So would Jones, but Amos, Greaves, Horton and Hasani wouldn’t count. If that is true then that might explain some of the decisions.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 25, 2020, 01:26:41 pm by Campsall rover »

I was very underwhelmed by Cole.
Maybe DM also thought the same.
Yes hound he may well have been. So it would seem likely that it’s an attitude rather than ability problem.
I think he has considerable ability but no manager yet seems to have got him playing consistently to his true potential. He is very much a journey man. There is usually a reason.
I was hoping DM would be the man to turn Cole into the player he could be.
But no manager is a miracle worker and if the player doesn’t want it badly enough!!!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 01:32:24 pm by Campsall rover »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 25, 2020, 01:30:25 pm by ravenrover »

We offered Sadlier a contract.

I believe the offer is still there

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 25, 2020, 01:46:25 pm by dknward2 »
We should go after Lokilo and sheaf if we sell Whiteman.

Hopefully it won’t be another get into the season before picking up stop gaps. Once the league say when we can start we get as much of the the team together as quick as possible

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 25, 2020, 01:47:37 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Just spoken to my pal who lives up in Hull. As mentioned earlier in the thread, it’s no great secret that Hull are keen to sign him. The feeling up there is that he’s waiting to see where Hull are at the end of the season. If they’re still in the Championship, then it’s likely he’ll go there. He’s the same guy who told me McCann was making a big mistake going to Hull and he has the same opinion of Sadlier. The club is rapidly going backwards and right now, there’s no sign of it stopping.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 25, 2020, 02:01:45 pm by NewDonny »

So his decision making is centred entirely around money is that what you are saying, you know that for a fact do you?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 25, 2020, 02:17:35 pm by dknward2 »
I was speaking to an recently released Peterborough player and his list was 1. Highest possible level
2. Money
3. Management team

So yes I believe he will go to whoever pays the most, if he gets just 200 pounds a week extra that’s 10 grand a year more of course he would go

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 25, 2020, 02:26:04 pm by silent majority »
I was speaking to an recently released Peterborough player and his list was 1. Highest possible level
2. Money
3. Management team

So yes I believe he will go to whoever pays the most, if he gets just 200 pounds a week extra that’s 10 grand a year more of course he would go

YOUR WRONG!

I wish you'd stop pratting around with the posters on here, why not just come out with it.

And it's 'you're wrong' not 'your wrong'.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 25, 2020, 02:46:08 pm by selby »
  We will have to look at covering a couple of positions now, Blaney leaving and John not here leaves just Wright and Anderson, without Sheaf and could be Coppinger and Blair midfield, possible a keeper and Striker.
  So now the leavers are known Sadlier, Coppinger and Blair possibilities, but hopefully not, we can look forward to seeing new faces coming in, and there will be a lot to choose from.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 25, 2020, 02:54:08 pm by roversdude »
SM are there any talks planned on when/how next season can kick off

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 25, 2020, 03:35:58 pm by Jonathan »
No huge surprises in the news.

Sadlier departing was / is expected when we didn’t manage to come to an agreement on new contract terms earlier in the season. The situation clearly changes post-pandemic and it’s now understandable why the club would find it difficult to offer improved terms to the ones he’s already on, given the scale of the financial challenges ahead and the uncertainty we face. It’s a shame as he’s a very good player and has been our main goalscorer since Marquis left. But it’s a short career and he’s earned a shot at the championship and the rewards and exposure that come with that.

I’m pleased to see Coppinger has been offered a new deal and I hope agreement can be reached.

Otherwise I think we have to ride this out and get to the other side as best we can. Our low base of contracted players will actually work in our favour on this occasion and it’s hard to even think of strengthening at this point. I’ll happily donate my season ticket money back to the club and look forward to watching again when it’s safe to resume.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 25, 2020, 03:45:46 pm by RoversAlias »
Well said Jonathan, I fully agree with all of that.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 25, 2020, 03:51:23 pm by Filo »
Currently we have 12 contracted players, 9 of those are out of contract in June next year

DonnyEl

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 25, 2020, 04:05:52 pm by DonnyEl »
Currently we have 12 contracted players, 9 of those are out of contract in June next year

This is what I make it:

13-Louis Jones
16-Danny Amos
17-Matty Blair
26-James Coppinger
27-AJ Greaves

1-Ian Lawlor
2-Brad Halliday
3-Reece James
5-Joe Wright
10-Jon Taylor
12-Mager Gomes
28-Branden Horton

4-Tom Anderson
9-Feijri Okenabirhie
35-Lirak Hasani

8-Ben Whiteman

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on June 25, 2020, 04:33:48 pm by silent majority »
SM are there any talks planned on when/how next season can kick off

Yes and no.

They all have it in their heads that the end of September would be a good time to start, but its all dependent. I'm sure the EFL are waiting to get the play-offs out of the way.

But when I spoke about this the other day there's nothing in the diary to even begin to discuss this, and that start date is crucial.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on June 25, 2020, 04:47:37 pm by selby »
  I hope nobody is depending on the EFL to move quickly, never mind making a decision.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on June 25, 2020, 06:56:11 pm by IDM »
Won’t it be the clubs who decide, by voting.?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 25, 2020, 07:19:13 pm by drfchound »
Perhaps, if they ever get round to arranging a meeting.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on June 25, 2020, 07:26:23 pm by BigH »
Cole was here just going through the motions - all he had going for him was a chant/song from the Black Bank - I’d sooner have a less able player giving his all than a prancing show pony - delighted that Copps & Matty been offered terms again, surely both will sign 
Have to agree Branton. I so wanted Cole to succeed with us but apart from the odd flash he didn't prove to be anything special. DM gave him a chance and he didn't take it.

Sadlier's a shame. One of our few genuine gems. Genuinely deserving of a higher level; I hope he finds a decent club. But for us, no fee, no replacement, not sure what that says about how we manage player contracts? Let's put it down to the extremely challenging circumstances that L1 and L2 football finds itself in.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012