Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:35:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leicester lockdown  (Read 1231 times)

nightporter

• VSC Member
Leicester lockdown
« on July 01, 2020, 01:37:55 pm by nightporter »
As Leicester goes back into lockdown is it right that the football team to travel to Everton tonight.   

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Leicester lockdown
« Reply #1 on July 01, 2020, 02:00:52 pm by IDM »
I suppose it depends on whether the players selected actually live within the boundaries of the lockdown area.?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 01, 2020, 05:25:05 pm by idler »
As Leicester goes back into lockdown is it right that the football team to travel to Everton tonight.   
As long as they don't jump into the crowd to celebrate if they score they should be OK.😉

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 01, 2020, 08:27:10 pm by Donnywolf »
Yes they should "cut-out" that behaviour

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 02, 2020, 09:57:23 am by ravenrover »
Didn't Hancock-up say many weeks back, when they were talking about a future spike in a major city, that they could identify the particular are within a city and apply lockdown there instead of the whole city? I think Manchester was being used as the example as it had a spike at the time but I can"t find it for the life of me. I am sure it was in a TV interview

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 02, 2020, 10:15:59 am by SydneyRover »
Was it this RR?

''Speaking at the Downing Street daily press briefing, Health Secretary Matt Hancock said they could take 'action' in particular hospitals or care home where cases were prevalent.

"If we see outbreaks in a particular area, we will take local action", he said.

His comments came after a member of the public asked whether the government planned to lockdown areas of the country where the R number was above 1.

The member of the public asked how it would be policed to stop people travelling to other parts of the country''

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/matt-hancock-reveals-more-details-18384729

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 02, 2020, 12:08:51 pm by ravenrover »
Thanks Syd but it was about areas of a city rather than care homes or hospitals

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 02, 2020, 01:21:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Thanks Syd but it was about areas of a city rather than care homes or hospitals

Difficult to see how we could do that at the moment as the testing is not granular enough.

One way I've heard about is tracing CV-19 virus load in sewage water. Start at bug sewage works. If there is an abnormal load, test the water coming in from each direction and trace it back up the system. In principle, you can quickly and accurately trace outbreaks to individual streets. Then focus the swab testing on everyone on those streets. There've been several articles about this on R4 recently, but I don't know if it is being used for real just yet. Sounds like a superb approach though.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 02, 2020, 09:06:37 pm by ravenrover »
That was my point BST yet again he said something they couldn't actually achieve, which is why I am annoyed I can't find the item

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 02, 2020, 10:23:21 pm by wilts rover »
Didn't Hancock-up say many weeks back, when they were talking about a future spike in a major city, that they could identify the particular are within a city and apply lockdown there instead of the whole city? I think Manchester was being used as the example as it had a spike at the time but I can"t find it for the life of me. I am sure it was in a TV interview

Dominic Rabb on the Marr show, raven. Although it being Dominic Rabb, no-one knew what he meant or how it would work then:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/what-would-local-lockdown-really-18366366

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 03, 2020, 09:40:57 am by ravenrover »
Dn2Dn0 has come up with the clip I was thinking of , thanks, and it was Hancock-up on Marr saying that they could identify localised spikes without the need to lockdown whole cities

Dn2Dn0

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 03, 2020, 10:17:57 am by Dn2Dn0 »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sxg1KU2vLu0&t=508s

Starts around 8 mins if you want cut out the guys usual BS.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 07, 2020, 10:44:09 am by BillyStubbsTears »
https://mobile.twitter.com/sarahoconnor_/status/1280180614621270020

Looks like we as a society have some soul searching to do about how we've turned a blind eye to some of these conditions in Leicester.

Here's a journalist from that well known Marxist propaganda rag the Financial Times explaining the problem to Parliament a year or two back.

And, predictably, Hancock and Patel go into media-management mode and say "Really!?! Goodness! Who knew about these problems?"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012