Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:28:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Aaron Banks  (Read 1324 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Aaron Banks
« on July 19, 2020, 10:34:35 am by wilts rover »
Apparently Aaron Banks has put in a legal challenge to Parliament over the forthcoming publiction of the Russia Report.

What could be in it?

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1284753331236278277

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Aaron Banks
« Reply #1 on July 19, 2020, 10:52:46 am by Filo »
Apparently Aaron Banks has put in a legal challenge to Parliament over the forthcoming publiction of the Russia Report.

What could be in it?

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1284753331236278277

How can someone put in a legal challenge when no one except Government has seen the report? It’s almost as if he knows whats in it and it incriminates him

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 19, 2020, 11:30:13 am by SydneyRover »
Surely this could only be a delaying tactic at best?

Brexit sabotage warning: Remainers may use Russia report to 'undermine' EU exit
THE CONTROVERSIAL "Russia influence" report due to be published this week must not be used to "sabotage Brexit", it was warned.

By DAVID MADDOX, SUNDAY EXPRESS POLITICAL EDITOR

The Sunday Express has learnt that businessman Arron Banks, the founder of Leave.EU, has issued a dramatic legal challenge to the publication of the report by the Intelligence and Security Committee. His lawyers have demanded that if attempts are made to rake over previous unfounded allegations against Mr Banks then publication should be delayed to give him a chance to respond.

ARRON BANKS: DON'T LET REMAINERS EXPLOIT RUSSIA REPORT

The long-awaited report was drawn up by the committee under the chairmanship of Remain supporting former MP Dominic Grieve.

It follows a series of false accusations against Mr Banks and other prominent Leave supporters that they were Russian agents.

The legal letter to the committee's new chairman Julian Lewis comes ahead of the expected publication of the report on Tuesday.

In it, Mr Banks's lawyer Kingsley Napley points out that there is an ongoing defamation case over the previous publication of many of the accusations. The letter said: "Mr Banks has not received any invitation to give evidence and/or to respond to any allegations which may be advanced against him in the Russia Report.

"Please provide us with immediate notification of any statements made within the Russia Report which refer to Mr Banks.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1311422/MPs-warn-Russia-report-Brexit-news-referendum

« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 11:43:54 am by SydneyRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 19, 2020, 11:47:13 am by BillyStubbsTears »
By the way Wilts. He does get arsey about people mis-spelling his name.

It's not Aaron, it's Arron.

Except when he's setting up companies, when sometimes it's Arron, other times it's Aron. Or Andrew.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/oct/04/ukip-donor-arron-banks-shows-tax-cheque-sent-hmrc

Easy mistake to make. I'm sure we've all got our own names wrong on legal documents before.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 19, 2020, 12:54:30 pm by wilts rover »
Ah, the old 'man with many names trick'.

Anyone remember the Channel 4 investigations into his diamond mines in South Africa. Which is where he is supposed to have earned the money that bankrolled Brexit?

Yet they turned out not to have any diamonds in them - but they did have some very rich Russian backers...

https://www.channel4.com/news/long-read-the-arron-banks-allegations

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 19, 2020, 02:57:10 pm by Not Now Kato »
How does that work?  He's not the defendant worried about not getting a fair trial.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 19, 2020, 03:05:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
How does that work?  He's not the defendant.

Not yet...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 19, 2020, 09:32:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well, I think we can be certain there's something big in the Russia Report on how Putin used Banks as a stooge to push the Leave case.

If there wasn't, why would the Leave Establishment be rushing out an opinion piece by Banks getting his denial in first, a couple of days before the report is published?

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/1311437/brexit-news-russia-latest-interference-report/amp?__twitter_impression=true

This is all aimed at insulating the Selby's of this world from the content of the report when it is published.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 19, 2020, 10:05:35 pm by selby »
  Billy, the EU need to concentrate on insulating itself from itself, if the current meeting comes to a conclusion  on loans and grants, a few leaders will then have to go back home and sell the bail out of the med countries to their subjects and at their cost.
  If the frugal four stand fast then what?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 19, 2020, 10:54:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby.

Once again, you fly off at right angles from the actual topic.

We are discussing here the actions of a hostile state to strategically undermine our democratic processes.

You ignore that and talk about a negotiation about whether the EU gives €350bn or €400bn in grants to member countries.

I'm sure there's some logic in that link but it defeats me.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 20, 2020, 12:16:08 am by SydneyRover »
Arron Fraser Andrew Banks (school Crookham Court)

Early Life, he started very early!

''Banks was raised by his mother in Basingstoke, Hampshire; his father worked as a sugar plantation manager in various African countries. From the age of 13 he attended a boarding school in Berkshire called Crookham Court, before being expelled for "an accumulation of offences", including the sale of lead stolen from the roofs of school buildings, and "high-spirited bad behaviour". He then attended St Bartholomew's School in Newbury but was expelled again. He returned to Basingstoke, where he sold paintings, vacuum cleaners, and then houses.[15]''

Excerpt

''He has been reported to have had multiple meetings with Russian embassy officials[6] as well as being offered business opportunities in Russia in the run-up to the Brexit referendum.[7][8][9] He has denied any wrongdoing and said: "There was no Russian money and no interference of any type."[10] In May 2020, The Electoral Commission, who had referred Banks to the NCA for investigation of these allegations, conceded Banks did not break electoral law during the 2016 EU referendum campaign.[11]''

Another

''He was previously CEO of AIM-listed Manx Financial Group from April 2008 to February 2009.[19] According to Companies House records, Banks has set up 37 different companies using slight variations of his name. The names used by Banks are Aron Fraser Andrew Banks, Arron Andrew Fraser Banks, Arron Fraser Andrew Banks and Arron Banks. The profiles for the first three names all use the same date of birth but register different lists of companies. When asked by The Guardian about this, he declined to answer questions on the topic.[25]''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arron_Banks

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 20, 2020, 05:54:29 am by Donnywolf »
Ah, the old 'man with many names trick'.

Anyone remember the Channel 4 investigations into his diamond mines in South Africa. Which is where he is supposed to have earned the money that bankrolled Brexit?

Yet they turned out not to have any diamonds in them - but they did have some very rich Russian backers...

https://www.channel4.com/news/long-read-the-arron-banks-allegations

Anyone will think Shapps / Michael Green / Sebastian Fox whoever he is or was has had a hand in his tutorage ?

.... and BSTs Para 3 from Reply 2 was almost written for Shapps as well - except replace Journalist with Constituent

3) Banks tries to block publication because the report might say that he's Putin's puppet and that might affect his libel action.

That's a really odd take on how legal action works in a democracy Arron. A possible criminal, suing someone for calling him a criminal, trying to stop evidence of his criminality coming out so it doesn't affect his attempt to destroy the journalist who called him a criminal. But it IS precisely how Putin would operate.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 20, 2020, 07:55:42 am by selby »
  Because Billy, it is in Russia's remit to disrupt the EU, and Brexit was seen as the first part of their ambition to destroy it by foul means, which would be quicker than it's self destruction which is inevitable the same as the Soviet Union was over time.
 I don't condone it by the way, if collusion is proved then it is treason as far as I am concerned and should be treated as such, regardless of who is implicated, and the individuals brought to justice and dealt with.
 And if you think you know me, and can use me as an example, don't moan at me when I respond to your ramblings however I choose to.
 I always had the idea when god speaks whether I agree or not, I am allowed an opinion.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 08:55:13 am by selby »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 20, 2020, 08:55:34 am by RobTheRover »
Screenshot taken.

;)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 20, 2020, 06:15:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Banks might not be doing this just for his reputation's sake. If it's made public that he's the lynchpin that connects Russian subterfuge to politics in Britain it might not be safe for him to go to Salisbury any time soon. Or indeed anywhere else.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 20, 2020, 07:13:58 pm by wilts rover »
I doubt Banks nor anyone else will be a kingpin in the referendum. I reckon there will be several different strands.

He and Farage were Leave EU whilst Cummings, Johnson & Gove were Vote Leave and from what I have read they didn't particularly get on.

Has anyone ever discovered a link Cummings has with Russia? Apart from the three years he spent living there I mean...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 20, 2020, 11:07:09 pm by selby »
   From what I have read there might be a few surprises, but not much on Brexit.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 21, 2020, 12:12:05 am by BillyStubbsTears »
https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1285324235662131200

So Banks isn't mentioned in the Russia Report.

Interesting that he thought he might be and tried legal action to delay the release...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012