Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 04:14:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Player ratings v Wigan  (Read 2206 times)

danumdon

• Forum Member
Player ratings v Wigan
« on October 03, 2020, 07:26:12 pm by danumdon »
Bursik, 4 Jury still out, not much to do, wrong footed for the goal, made a good save late on

Halliday, 8 Heart as big as a bus, gets better each game, steady and reliable

James, 5 Needs to stop turning back and passing behind every time, has the pace to get outside.

Anderson,4 Let Garner get the better of him and gave away too many poor fouls.

Wright, 4 Tried to be too precise and got caught a couple of times, needs to dominate his man.

Whiteman, 7 Went from the sublime to the ridiculous over the two half's, should of kept it simple after it started to go wrong.

Gomez, 4 Covered lots of ground but drifted throughout without making an impression.

Richards, 3 Has that bit of quality to make a difference but was nowhere to be seen .

Taylor, 6 Frustrating afternoon, lack of composure cost him goals.

Coppinger, 6 Made a difference in the first half , should of done better with his early efforts,

John -Jules, 4 Needed to up his workmate but tailed off badly, should of been subbed

John, 4 Strange sub, when we needed more go forward at left back,

Fej, 3 Looks out of sorts and sulking, messed up his only chance, needs a boost.

Williams,3 difficult to make an impression when all around are off the boil.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Player ratings v Wigan
« Reply #1 on October 03, 2020, 07:29:04 pm by RoversAlias »
James went off injured.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 03, 2020, 07:32:10 pm by danumdon »
James went off injured.

Sorry i didn't see that, i stand corrected.

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 03, 2020, 09:28:32 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
Would have, should have, could have.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 03, 2020, 09:31:02 pm by bpoolrover »
Not being funny far to low ratings none got under a 5, 1 st half was very good 2 nd poor but you have to balance it over 90 mins

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 03, 2020, 09:42:09 pm by scawsby steve »
Far too inconsistent. How on Earth can you give one player 8, and another 3?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 03, 2020, 10:08:48 pm by since-1969 »
There are questions up front for me and if Firi isn’t being selected to start on Tuesday then he’s in DM bad books for a reason and it needs sorting as John-Jules either isn’t getting the service he needs or is just not ready to start ,as he’s falling short of what we need in a striker .

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 03, 2020, 11:26:22 pm by karldew »
First loss of the season and it’s the first time you’ve done a player ratings post. Hopefully back to winning ways in our next game or you might give some 2’s and 1’s out!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 04, 2020, 12:20:59 am by RoversAlias »
There are questions up front for me and if Firi isn’t being selected to start on Tuesday then he’s in DM bad books for a reason and it needs sorting as John-Jules either isn’t getting the service he needs or is just not ready to start ,as he’s falling short of what we need in a striker .

Falling short? Did you watch either of the Charlton or Bristol Rovers games? He was fantastic in both and he did some good things today as well.

Fejiri is not in anyone's bad books. Why have people come into this season acting like he has a God-given right to start?

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 04, 2020, 06:57:50 am by stuey »
I'd agree with most of the OP. Except for Richards. That kid is f**king top drawer. Probably wasn't at his best today but he's one of our best players for now

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 04, 2020, 08:37:56 am by Campsall rover »
Bursik, 4 Jury still out, not much to do, wrong footed for the goal, made a good save late on

James, 5 Needs to stop turning back and passing behind every time, has the pace to get outside.

Wright, 4 Tried to be too precise and got caught a couple of times, needs to dominate his man.

Whiteman, 7 Went from the sublime to the ridiculous over the two half's, should of kept it simple after it started to go wrong.

Gomez, 4 Covered lots of ground but drifted throughout without making an impression.

Richards, 3 Has that bit of quality to make a difference but was nowhere to be seen .

Coppinger, 6 Made a difference in the first half , should of done better with his early efforts,

John -Jules, 4 Needed to up his workmate but tailed off badly, should of been subbed

Fej, 3 Looks out of sorts and sulking, messed up his only chance, needs a boost.

Bursik 4
He had not a hope of saving that. Gordon Banks and Lev Yashin wouldn’t have saved that. In fact you could have put them both in goal at the same time and well they might have saved it i suppose.  ;)
Apart from that he only had 1 save to make in the entire game.
So I don’t really know how he can only get a 4 and you say the jury’s out. Just my opinion.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 04, 2020, 08:42:21 am by graingrover »
Bursic 6 .Hallyday 7 ,Wright 5 ,Anderson 7 ,James 6 ,Whiteman 8 ,Gomes 5 ,Copps 7 ,JJ 6.Richards 5 ,Taylor 6 .
Ref 7
Moore7
Fans ...same old minority of moaners , rest supportive .7

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 04, 2020, 10:09:32 am by elmsallrover »

with markings like that it sounds like we lost 8-0

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 04, 2020, 10:41:34 am by danumdon »
I’m not sure why some people can’t get over themselves, this is a fans forum so they can state their opinion, I’ve stated mine and it’s different from others, as far as I recall I didn’t moan or whinge about anyone.

I’ll take the constructive reply’s and yes I may have scored some a little lower then maybe I should of but after that first half display I’ll wager most would of been quite disappointed with the lacklustre display. Credit Wigan for raising their game but our capitulation was acute and I’m hoping that’s been a wakeup for our young team, I expect a positive reaction from the team on Tuesday at Oldham.

I’ll post my ratings after the match, I’m looking for some decent scores this time, is that ok for the Illuminati.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 04, 2020, 11:02:23 am by danumdon »
I gave Bursik a 4 because I thought his positioning for the goal was poor, along with his poor distribution throughout the game. I got the impression that this rubbed off on the defence and all the back line were down from their last performance, I don’t believe he installs the same confidence in the side as the previous loanee.

That’s the reason I said the jury is still out on him.

Bursik 4
He had not a hope of saving that. Gordon Banks and Lev Yashin wouldn’t have saved that. In fact you could have put them both in goal at the same time and well they might have saved it i suppose.  ;)
So I don’t really know how he can only get a 4 and you say the jury’s out. Just my opinion.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 04, 2020, 01:05:19 pm by Rovers91 »

Bursik 4

Bursik should have done a lot better with that goal his positioning was poor. But he did pull off a very good save on that one on one because I thought that was going to be 2-0.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 04, 2020, 01:15:16 pm by NewDonny »
I’m not sure why some people can’t get over themselves, this is a fans forum so they can state their opinion, I’ve stated mine and it’s different from others, as far as I recall I didn’t moan or whinge about anyone.

I’ll take the constructive reply’s and yes I may have scored some a little lower then maybe I should of but after that first half display I’ll wager most would of been quite disappointed with the lacklustre display. Credit Wigan for raising their game but our capitulation was acute and I’m hoping that’s been a wakeup for our young team, I expect a positive reaction from the team on Tuesday at Oldham.

I’ll post my ratings after the match, I’m looking for some decent scores this time, is that ok for the Illuminati.

The comments are right, your scores are way too low, no player deserves a 3 or a 4 thats just insulting, its not like they walk out there determined to have a bad game is it. There is a way to make your point and mark them without giving out ridiculous marks out of ten. In my book a 5 is poor and its up from there!

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 04, 2020, 01:36:29 pm by danumdon »

The comments are right, your scores are way too low, no player deserves a 3 or a 4 thats just insulting, its not like they walk out there determined to have a bad game is it. There is a way to make your point and mark them without giving out ridiculous marks out of ten. In my book a 5 is poor and its up from there!

Your entitled to your opinion, your book and anything else you want,  nobody has insulted anyone petal, I’ll did say I may have scored some slightly lower than I should of but there you go. I’ll say it as I see it.

What I consider ridiculous  is you proving my last point.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 04, 2020, 03:58:04 pm by NewDonny »

Your entitled to your opinion, your book and anything else you want,  nobody has insulted anyone petal, I’ll did say I may have scored some slightly lower than I should of but there you go. I’ll say it as I see it.

What I consider ridiculous  is you proving my last point.

You have "insulted" the players petal!

Get over yourself!

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 04, 2020, 04:42:33 pm by andyst79 »
Only thing I can slate Bursik for is his distribution is frustrating as quite a few kicks go out of play and more often than not he aims for Taylor who's the smallest player on the pitch ?!. I understand the reason we like to play out from the back and nothing against it but just a bit of nous from time to time and just put a foot through the ball

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 05, 2020, 10:25:19 am by EasyforDennis »
People who are slating Bursik for the goal should take a good look at the video of the cross and ask what the hell Halliday was doing. Or should I say wasn't doing!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012