Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:47:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: self isolation advice  (Read 5969 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
self isolation advice
« on October 05, 2020, 11:10:20 am by wing commander »
   The guy who sits on the next next to me at work (2m) went off self isolating on Wednesday after his wife fell ill,She has since tested positive.He started feeling ill on Friday at home and has now also tested positive..

Que mass hysteria at work,some people are saying that those in his small office block should be self isolating..Whilst others are saying because he went off prior to any symptoms developing there is no need...

I've had a look around and it isn't definetly clear but i read it that we are all still okay to carry on as normal..

Anybody more clued up who can confirm ?? Many Thanks

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: self isolation advice
« Reply #1 on October 05, 2020, 11:50:29 am by ravenrover »
Thought any close contact had to isolate for 14 days never mind don't worry I'm sure The SERCO track and trace will get to you ......... or maybe not

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 05, 2020, 11:56:27 am by BillyStubbsTears »
WC.

Start here if you want the official guidance. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person#:~:text=A%20'contact'%20is%20a%20person,they%20are%20infectious%20to%20others).

I'm dealing with a similar situation. Had a meeting last Weds with someone who later told me they had tested positive. I could f**king throttle the stupid bas**rd as they must have already had the test before they came to the meeting. In my case, we were scrupulous to keep to more than 2m distance and everyone wore masks. So I'm not officially a "contact". But I've woke this morning aching all over, so we'll see.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 05, 2020, 12:03:09 pm by wing commander »
   Thanks for that Billy yes it's a difficult one..Ben sat exactly 2m away from me and i'm the closest to him..We cant really work from home which i appreciate but the company don't seem to think anybody needs to go off isolating and they say they have checked.

A few others don't seem so sure..I would prefer to stay at work as i'm really busy but at the end of the day i want to make sure the correct rules are followed.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 05, 2020, 12:11:53 pm by wing commander »
   Thats the problem isn't it Billy,you can put all the rules,advice and regulations etc etc but you just cant legislate for stupid people like in your case..If you felt the need to have a test in the first place you should be isolating ,it's a lack of respect to you..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 05, 2020, 05:07:29 pm by drfchound »
There are too many people who are not following the rules so things like this will just keep happening.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 05, 2020, 05:50:13 pm by Janso »
   Thanks for that Billy yes it's a difficult one..Ben sat exactly 2m away from me and i'm the closest to him..We cant really work from home which i appreciate but the company don't seem to think anybody needs to go off isolating and they say they have checked.

A few others don't seem so sure..I would prefer to stay at work as i'm really busy but at the end of the day i want to make sure the correct rules are followed.

A cynic would suggest the rules are deliberately not 100% clear for a reason... though I'm not a cynic, so I couldn't possibly think why.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 05, 2020, 09:28:59 pm by SydneyRover »
Best wishes to the both of you bst & Wing Co hoping of course you don't get it.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 05, 2020, 09:37:26 pm by Ldr »
Best wishes to the both of you bst & Wing Co hoping of course you don't get it.

seconded

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 05, 2020, 10:01:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Cheers folks. Me, I appear to be ok nearly a week on. Strange feeling being so close to the virus though.

Best of luck to you WingCo.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 06, 2020, 04:46:20 pm by wing commander »
Thanks Guys,by using the guidance Billy kindly sent me i reckon we just come inside self isolating by half a day.Of course the company are saying we are on the cusp and don't need to..You can argue it either way tbh..

Regardless i have taken the decision that whilst i am at work as soon as i leave the gates i go straight home and isolate myself..I'm not risking my kids or my elderly parents health or anybody elses for that matter on such a close call either way.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 06, 2020, 05:31:15 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I heard on Radio Humberside that one company  have asked employees to turn off track and trace at work as they say their precautions are enough

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-54434612
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 05:33:41 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 06, 2020, 05:41:51 pm by Janso »
Imagine that, employers not being fussed about their staff's health and safety.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 06, 2020, 06:53:41 pm by 5minstogo »
I heard on Radio Humberside that one company  have asked employees to turn off track and trace at work as they say their precautions are enough

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-54434612

That sort of thing is going on in a lot of places.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 06, 2020, 07:01:54 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Self isolate. Your employer should be telling you that to. Can you work from home?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 06, 2020, 07:10:12 pm by StocktonRover »
It's a very valid point.
One of the work sites I have responsibility for FM delivery had a couple of staff test positive.
The entire FM workforce there (numbering 26 and including the management through to the cleaners) has now been told by the NHS to self isolate for 14 days or face a fine. Most of these staff have had no contact or been anywhere near the affected people.

More so, they've been told that even if they get a test and it's confirmed as Negative, they must still remain off for the full 14 days.

I'm scratching about now finding alternative temporary tradespeople to provide emergency responses to a key worker facility.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012