Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:16:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Belles at home this Sunday  (Read 3352 times)

BVB

• VSC Member
Belles at home this Sunday
« on October 09, 2020, 07:49:06 pm by BVB »
Belles continue their more than decent start to the season this Sunday 11th October at Rossington Main when they take on Long Eaton United 2pm.

Belles sit 3rd in the early table, and looked comfortable in their two wins scoring 7 goals with one in reply. They showed great resilience to pull back a two goal deficient to draw 2-2 in the first game of the season away in Birmingham. One defeat so far against a good Lincoln side that got away from them after an even first half.

Last two games they’ve played without both their recognised strikers who hopefully should be fit for Sunday.

Admission £4 adult £1 U17 but Rovers season ticket holders get in for £2 by showing the email sent out this week from Club Doncaster.

Live football from the other Doncaster Rovers footy team. Covid expectations in place.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: Belles at home this Sunday
« Reply #1 on October 11, 2020, 03:05:17 pm by Metalmicky »
 Belles 3:0 up at half time... :scarf:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 11, 2020, 03:21:21 pm by idler »
Great, their confidence must be sky high now. Let’s hope that they have something left in the tank for the 2nd half.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 11, 2020, 04:28:03 pm by Metalmicky »
Won 3:0

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 11, 2020, 04:35:42 pm by Chris the Rover »
Excellent result, well done Belles

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 11, 2020, 05:07:35 pm by since-1969 »
A good game against a decent side and the result could have been closer had Long Eaton took their chances.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 11, 2020, 08:10:33 pm by graingrover »
well done Belles !

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 25, 2020, 09:26:18 pm by idler »
One bright note. The Belles won 4-0 away. They seem to be kicking on nicely.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 25, 2020, 11:20:04 pm by dknward2 »
Up to 2nd in the league

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 26, 2020, 07:33:18 am by graingrover »
Does anyone know how many promotion places there are in that league ..Wolves do not look like dropping points .

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 26, 2020, 07:42:28 am by Chris Black come back »
Aside from the 5-0 hammering by Lincoln, they have kept three clean sheets out of the other four games and only conceded one in the other. Andy Butler running a tight ship there at the back.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 26, 2020, 06:02:53 pm by scawsby steve »
Aside from the 5-0 hammering by Lincoln, they have kept three clean sheets out of the other four games and only conceded one in the other. Andy Butler running a tight ship there at the back.

Not quite right CBCB. They conceded 2 against Boldmere in the first game of the season, when they came back from 2 down to earn a 2-2 draw.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 26, 2020, 08:55:26 pm by BVB »
Graingrover unfortunately only one team goes up and that is very likely to be Wolves women who ran away with it last season only to be denied by COVID, but are doing the same again this season. A top 3 finish by the Belles will be equally as good IMO.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 26, 2020, 11:57:30 pm by rover-n-out »
I told my missus I fancy going to see the Belles on Sunday, just to get the feel back for some "live" football, and to support the Belles of course.

She's now "hi-jacked" the day from right under me, "Ooh, that's great, I'll come with you" she said, "We could go and get Sunday lunch somewhere, before we go to the Belles, then afterwards you could drop me off at the bingo"

That's my Sunday taken care of then!! 🍽 ⚽️💷
By the way, anybody know if the Keepmoat car park is free for the Belles games?
Looking at the table, not much between the Belles and Solihull, so a good test for the girls, should be a good game.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 27, 2020, 12:09:25 am by idler »
I told my missus I fancy going to see the Belles on Sunday, just to get the feel back for some "live" football, and to support the Belles of course.

She's now "hi-jacked" the day from right under me, "Ooh, that's great, I'll come with you" she said, "We could go and get Sunday lunch somewhere, before we go to the Belles, then afterwards you could drop me off at the bingo"

Looking at the table, not much between the Belles and Solihull, so a good test for the girls, should be a good game.
The Belles play at Rossington’s ground now.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 27, 2020, 02:18:44 am by scawsby steve »

The Belles play at Rossington’s ground now.

It's a good job they do Idler, because no spectators are allowed in any EFL stadiums anywhere.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 27, 2020, 01:50:11 pm by BVB »

Also just a reminder that the Solihull game is a week on Sunday the 8th, not this weekend the 1st...otherwise you’ll probably be joining your other half at the bingo..

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 27, 2020, 02:17:32 pm by rover-n-out »
🤣🤣 Well, I made a complete b******s of that didn't I? I was sure it was this Sunday, so thanks for putting me right guys. The one saving grace is the missus is working that weekend, so I can enjoy the game uninterrupted. Gonna ring my mate Baz, see if he wants to go, he's a lifelong Rovers fan, so might just enjoy a "live" game as well.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012