Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:22:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Interesting  (Read 3221 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
Re: Interesting
« Reply #1 on October 15, 2020, 04:06:19 pm by RugbyRover »
Probably off to Barnsley....

No way can we afford him or any of the others we've been linked with this week.

If we can and do sign anyone then Baldwin is a hell of a poker player.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 15, 2020, 04:11:41 pm by Drover »
Not sure our management would want him Permanent at the moment.Maybe a bit of a risk with injuries of late.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 15, 2020, 04:18:51 pm by vaya »
Nothing in that article indicates Liverpool want anything other than a loan move for him.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 15, 2020, 05:17:57 pm by ravenrover »
Could swear Herbie was on their transfer list at the end of last season

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 15, 2020, 05:47:06 pm by Drover »
Nothing in that article indicates Liverpool want anything other than a loan move for him.

Your right Vaya,I misread it. :blush:

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 15, 2020, 05:51:46 pm by vaya »

It's a misleading headline, to be fair.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 15, 2020, 06:27:26 pm by IDM »

We can afford loanees if their parent clubs pay (most of) their wages.?

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 15, 2020, 06:50:46 pm by RugbyRover »

We can afford loanees if their parent clubs pay (most of) their wages.?

Seems that way. Free Press now saying that we can expect 2 loans in tomorrow. Won't be Herbie tho........ :(

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 15, 2020, 10:16:33 pm by MachoMadness »
Kane going to Barnsley by the sounds of it.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 16, 2020, 12:02:43 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Sorry if posted elsewhere but I like the line about the latest Barnsley approach for Ben being rebuffed..

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/darren-moore-draws-line-under-ben-whiteman-future-after-doncaster-rovers-reject-bid-nowhere-near-clubs-value-skipper-3004935

What do you think was said? “P*ss off, stop wasting our time and don't come back! “?

Now we can draw a line under that, if DM manages to strengthen the squad further that would surpass my expectation!

Would I like to see Herbie pull on a Rovers shirt again? Yes, however being realistic, I can't see that happening given his last port of call was a Championship club, so if anywhere he ought to be picking up from where he left off before his injury.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 16, 2020, 06:14:22 am by tyke1962 »
Sorry if posted elsewhere but I like the line about the latest Barnsley approach for Ben being rebuffed..

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/darren-moore-draws-line-under-ben-whiteman-future-after-doncaster-rovers-reject-bid-nowhere-near-clubs-value-skipper-3004935

What do you think was said? “P*ss off, stop wasting our time and don't come back! “?

Now we can draw a line under that, if DM manages to strengthen the squad further that would surpass my expectation!

Would I like to see Herbie pull on a Rovers shirt again? Yes, however being realistic, I can't see that happening given his last port of call was a Championship club, so if anywhere he ought to be picking up from where he left off before his injury.

To be fair we did offer £2m for Whiteman Baz which isn't an unrealistic bid although fair play to Rovers for standing firm .

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 16, 2020, 07:06:45 am by godlike1 »

To be fair we did offer £2m for Whiteman Baz which isn't an unrealistic bid although fair play to Rovers for standing firm .

Is that true? Everyone else is saying just over £1m.

If we don't go up this year I'd expect him to be off in the summer and that £2-3m would do it. I'm guessing they want £3-4 at the moment.

Fair play to backing the manager and holding out in very difficult times. Its been said before but whilst we don't have the most dynamic owners in the world they do put the interests of the club first and foremost

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 16, 2020, 09:21:19 am by silent majority »

No you didn't.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 16, 2020, 09:33:32 am by Metalmicky »

No you didn't.

In which case they are cheeky bar@tards and need to jog on.... an offer of any less than that is insulting.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 16, 2020, 09:43:50 am by Alan Southstand »
It looks like Herbie is going there, for an estimated £1.2M. That sort of tells us what Barnsley offered for Ben!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 16, 2020, 10:05:15 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't see the point in speculating what Barnsley offered or didn't. The fact remains they clearly didn't come near our valuation after several attempts. End of.

Good luck to Herbie. He needs to establish himself somewhere and get a run of games as he seems to be prone to niggles, knocks and injuries that keep disrupting his development. He's now behind the gain line compared to others in his age group from Liverpool who are beginning to make a name for themselves either at Anfield or elsewhere.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 16, 2020, 10:18:23 am by Metalmicky »
I don't see the point in speculating what Barnsley offered or didn't. The fact remains they clearly didn't come near our valuation after several attempts. End of.

Good luck to Herbie. He needs to establish himself somewhere and get a run of games as he seems to be prone to niggles, knocks and injuries that keep disrupting his development.

I also thought that - Herbie seems to attract attention on the field and as a result picks up lots of injuries... He's a canny player all the same and I wish that we had the money...

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 16, 2020, 10:29:27 am by NickDRFC »
It looks like Herbie is going there, for an estimated £1.2M. That sort of tells us what Barnsley offered for Ben!

That’s a very good deal if true, I’d say that Kane has potentially a much higher ceiling than Whiteman so it’s a snip if we are asking for double that. He has stalled a little since leaving us but could be a real bargain and they could well end up selling him on for 5-10 times that.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 16, 2020, 12:52:18 pm by Drover »

It's a misleading headline, to be fair.

Was a permanent in the end 😆

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 16, 2020, 06:20:43 pm by tyke1962 »

No you didn't.

Only what I heard mate , if we didn't then we didn't .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012