Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:15:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This "empty tin" continues to make a lot of "noise"  (Read 1349 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
does "stabber " need to watch his back ?  just a thought

https://ilovemanchester.com/id-like-to-lead-labour-burnham

"I’d still like to lead the Labour Party one day – Andy Burnham"

"Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham has not ruled out challenging for the Labour Party leadership for a third time – “one day”.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re: This "empty tin" continues to make a lot of "noise"
« Reply #1 on October 20, 2020, 05:17:01 pm by Sprotyrover »

There nothing more despicable than trying to make some Ploitical gain out of the mess we are in right now!

"Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham has not ruled out challenging for the Labour Party leadership for a third time – “one day”.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
He's sticking up for the north.... Yeah course he is.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 20, 2020, 05:37:34 pm by MachoMadness »
What does an article from 2019 have to do with anything? He's literally run for leader before, so it's not exactly a big secret. The obsession the right has with making everything party political is bizarre to me. If it was party politics, why are many Tory MPs and councillors in the area on Burnham's side?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 20, 2020, 06:11:01 pm by scawsby steve »
I like Andy Burnham. I always have, and I don't have any particular political persuasion.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 20, 2020, 06:16:31 pm by Janso »
I see they've slashed the funding from the £60m they offered to £22m now. Bizarre, spiteful and vindictive. It's verging on Trumpian - he always goes on about defunding "Blue States".

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 20, 2020, 06:17:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
His central point is unarguable as far as I can see.

If it was deemed necessary for the Govt to make up 80% of ALL employee's wages when they couldn't work in the first lockdown, why is it now proposed to give only 66% of wages to only a very specific set of employees who won't be able to work? And how long will this last for when the CSA himself has said he has zero confidence that Tier 3 will bring down infection numbers?

It is morally abhorrent for the Govt to be imposing the economic damage of Tier 3 on millions of people without protecting them. And it's coming here next.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
BST point to be made, it wasn't 80% of all.employees wages, it was capped and not at that high a level either.

But I do agree, the finance position is already terrible why not continue it at the 80%?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 20, 2020, 09:38:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP.

Point taken.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 20, 2020, 10:52:58 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

amazingly his odds were cut with a knife today

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-labour-leader/bet-history/andy-burnham

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-labour-leader/bet-history/andy-burnham

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 21, 2020, 11:05:08 am by Glyn_Wigley »
He's doing his job, fighting for the people he represents. That's what he's supposed to do. Going into Tier 3, wouldn't you rather have someone like him in your corner or would you prefer someone who just rolled over and did nothing?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 21, 2020, 12:41:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just a little context.

Manchester, with a population of 3million, has been offered £60m to manage the effects of Tier3.

The negotiations have been run by Robert Jenrick.

That's the Robert Jenrick who rammed through £25m of Towns Fund money for his constituency (Newark) with a population of 120,000, despite it not making the priority list.

And the same Robert Jenrick who illegally rammed through planning permission for Tory party donor Richard Desmond, thereby saving him £40m in fees.

And folk genuinely think the Tory party is in the side of the working class North...

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 21, 2020, 12:52:24 pm by ravenrover »
And the same Robert Jenrick

The shadow home secretary has demanded that the cabinet minister Robert Jenrick fully explain himself after travelling more than an hour to visit his parents at the weekend – despite warning others to stay at home during the coronavirus lockdown.
It also emerged that Jenrick travelled 150 miles from his London property, where he stayed at the start of the lockdown, to his £1.2m Herefordshire home from where he travelled to his parents. His website says he lives with his family near Newark, his constituency in Nottingham, and London.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 26, 2020, 11:16:00 pm by selby »
  In answer to the original question, yes and not just from Burnham

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 27, 2020, 11:11:49 am by Colemans Left Hook »
  In answer to the original question, yes and not just from Burnham

Ye    On the matter of Covac   i reckon we hear the first minister of Scotland's name mentioned 20 times to every once the Welsh first minister gets a mention ..... finally i can remember his name Drakeford ........   draw your own conclusions there

i have just checked the populations of liverpool and manchester (which seems to be 10% bigger)

what i didnt mention in the opening post was that I would expect the mayor of Liverpool to be "mentioned in dispatches" ... news moaning etc on a similar level as "him"    ...  i dont even know who the mayor of Liverpool is

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 19, 2021, 01:51:51 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
update
the "empty tin" is now 11/4 clear favourite from being double digits
when he first "rattled"  and CLH's bank manager has a smile on his face.

so let's hope develops a policy of keeping the Manchester streets clean and bans eating "bananas in Manchester" lest he should fall on one.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member

TinyPortal © 2005-2012