Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:42:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Steve Yates .....  (Read 1887 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Steve Yates .....
« on October 25, 2020, 11:49:12 pm by Draytonian III »
.... another name from the past, did someone post on here that he had passed away awhile back or am I confused with another player .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Steve Yates .....
« Reply #1 on October 26, 2020, 07:45:01 am by Campsall rover »
.... another name from the past, did someone post on here that he had passed away awhile back or am I confused with another player .
Just gone on Wiki and the Steve Yates that played for us is alive and kicking ( maybe not a football any more as he is 66 yrs old )

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 26, 2020, 07:10:39 pm by drfchound »
Just gone on Wiki and the Steve Yates that played for us is alive and kicking ( maybe not a football any more as he is 66 yrs old )

I don’t see why not Camps.
I am 68 and still playing.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 26, 2020, 07:40:33 pm by Campsall rover »

Yes but presumably recreational football hound. I am assuming your not playing regular Sunday league football at your age.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 26, 2020, 07:42:56 pm by drfchound »

Yes but presumably recreational football hound. I am assuming your not playing regular Sunday league football at your age.

Absolutely right mate but when I was in my prime two games a week was never a problem.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 26, 2020, 08:01:12 pm by Campsall rover »

Absolutely right mate but when I was in my prime two games a week was never a problem.
I should hope it wasn’t. 

Some teams in the 60’s & 70’s played 60 + games a season with 15/16 players.
They played League, FA cup, League Cup and some in European Cup, Inter City Fairs Cup or the Cup Winners Cup.
Leeds won the League in 68/69 playing 15 players only in League Matches.

Modern day players don’t know they are born. Yes the game is faster now but just look at those heavy pitches and heavy ball they had in those days.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 26, 2020, 08:24:27 pm by drfchound »

I should hope it wasn’t. 

They played League, FA cup, League Cup and some in European Cup, Inter City Fairs Cup or the Cup Winners Cup.

Modern day players don’t know they are born. Yes the game is faster now but just look at those heavy pitches and heavy ball they had in those days.

My earlier post about still playing by the way was in response to the post about Steve Yates not playing football just because he is 66 years of age.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 26, 2020, 09:16:57 pm by Campsall rover »

I should hope it wasn’t. 

My earlier post about still playing by the way was in response to the post about Steve Yates not playing football just because he is 66 years of age.
Yes I know. The point i was making was 2 games a season was no problem 50 years ago for smaller 1st team squads than they have now.
These days they are constantly moaning about having too many games to play.
They are supposed to be fitter nowadays with better diets, the sports science & fitness Coaches they have.
Even with all that at their disposal 2 games a week is frowned upon and they get more injuries than they did 50 years ago.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 26, 2020, 10:36:58 pm by idler »
They do cover far more ground now though.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 27, 2020, 07:58:01 am by roversdude »

Why not Copps is older than that and still playing

TinyPortal © 2005-2012