Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:23:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 49,000 miles of paths lost from maps in England and Wales  (Read 988 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
''More than 49,000 miles of paths lost from maps in England and Wales
Citizen project led by Ramblers makes discovery after poring over historical maps''

This is quite extraordinary loss of public assets.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2020/nov/02/more-than-49000-miles-paths-lost-maps-england-wales

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
Re: 49,000 miles of paths lost from maps in England and Wales
« Reply #1 on November 03, 2020, 10:23:03 am by Axholme Lion »
Oi, get off my land. Farmers deliberately go out of their way to block pathways and tracks or at least make them difficult to use. Then they want to hog the roads with tractors covering the lanes in shit inches deep.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 03, 2020, 10:41:41 am by Filo »
Oi, get off my land. Farmers deliberately go out of their way to block pathways and tracks or at least make them difficult to use. Then they want to hog the roads with tractors covering the lanes in shit inches deep.

The price you pay living in the Isle of Axholme I’m afraid 🤪

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 03, 2020, 11:03:50 am by Axholme Lion »

The price you pay living in the Isle of Axholme I’m afraid 🤪

Blocking the paths or the crap all over the roads? I know they have a job to do BUT some of the tractor drivers are dangerous. When I lived in WW they used come flying down the hill with fully loaded trailers knocking branches of trees and clipping cars. The sign coming out of WW has been clipped more than once. I know mud is unavoidable but many make no attempt to clean it up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012