Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:53:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Blair and May start for Cheltenham on BBC  (Read 1652 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Blair and May start for Cheltenham on BBC
« on January 23, 2021, 05:28:31 pm by Metalmicky »
As titled.......... for those interested

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Blair and May start for Cheltenham on BBC
« Reply #1 on January 23, 2021, 05:45:25 pm by Filo »
Cheltenham showing more attacking intent in the first 15mins that we did the whole first half

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 23, 2021, 05:47:06 pm by RedRover »
Judging by the he has them playing and his eye for a player if Darren Moore left tomorrow I'd hope their manager Michael Duff was high up on our boards list of potential replacements.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 23, 2021, 05:55:54 pm by ravenrover »
The team City have put out looks like 11 players who have never played together before. Cheltenham playing with an attacking intent could get something from this game

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 23, 2021, 05:59:31 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Difference is City putting out a very different team - West Ham a sort of strong 2nd string who 90% could start/come on in the Prem. City in Europe, West Ham not. Butter vs Margarine come to mind?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 23, 2021, 06:04:10 pm by ravenrover »
Or is it just over confidence from Pep after all  they are only playing TLO Cheltenham from 2nd div

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 23, 2021, 06:22:45 pm by Spud »
Crowds or not, there's still an advantage to playing at home, especially with the distance between the two.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 23, 2021, 06:23:55 pm by RoversAlias »
Difference is City putting out a very different team - West Ham a sort of strong 2nd string who 90% could start/come on in the Prem. City in Europe, West Ham not. Butter vs Margarine come to mind?

Their front three is Mahrez, Jesus and Torres. Foden and Fernandinho in midfield. It's a really strong line-up, and Cheltenham have done excellently well.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 23, 2021, 06:26:01 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Or is it just over confidence from Pep after all  they are only playing TLO Cheltenham from 2nd div

Either way not an even comparison. Think our manager and some members of our team have had some unfair criticism. With a paper thin squad, juggling players with 2 matches per week relentlessly coming fast, I think he is doing the best he can to keep us afloat in all competitions. Some people on here I think feel we are Real Madrid!

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 23, 2021, 06:31:35 pm by Janso »
Is Williams on their bench Andy Williams?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 23, 2021, 06:34:58 pm by NickDRFC »

Admittedly they have a few kids out but they’re also playing a £60m centre back, a £50m left back, a £30m midfielder with 50 caps for Brazil, a £30m striker with 40 caps with Brazil by the age of 23, a former player of the year who cost £60m and “the most talented player” Pep has ever worked with. There weren’t any players in the West Ham side who have anything close to that sort of pedigree.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 23, 2021, 06:35:55 pm by scawsby steve »
Is Williams on their bench Andy Williams?

Yes.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 23, 2021, 06:39:15 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Admittedly they have a few kids out but they’re also playing a £60m centre back, a £50m left back, a £30m midfielder with 50 caps for Brazil, a £30m striker with 40 caps with Brazil by the age of 23, a former player of the year who cost £60m and “the most talented player” Pep has ever worked with. There weren’t any players in the West Ham side who have anything close to that sort of pedigree.
Some of those being investments and far from first choice players. I think today's West Ham would beat today's Man City.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 23, 2021, 06:40:22 pm by pib »
Blair having a good game so far. Can’t help but think he’d be a useful guy to still have at the club with our lack of midfield numbers at the moment.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 23, 2021, 06:40:40 pm by ravenrover »
You've lost me with that post if it was aimed at my comments. We came up against a very good team today 11 players who gelled and played really well against us today and beat us very comfortably. No criticism by me of our manager or team.
Different attitude from Pep and performance by the 11 City players up against a lower league team. Bit disrespectfull really.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 23, 2021, 07:17:15 pm by NickDRFC »
You've lost me with that post if it was aimed at my comments. We came up against a very good team today 11 players who gelled and played really well against us today and beat us very comfortably. No criticism by me of our manager or team.
Different attitude from Pep and performance by the 11 City players up against a lower league team. Bit disrespectfull really.

The point is that your post suggested that Man City have put some sort of tin pot team out whereas West Ham put out some a well drilled unit. The fact is that both managers have made a lot of changes, and neither 11 put out has a lot of experience playing together, but I was trying to highlight the quality of player that is in the Man City team. Which highlights how well Cheltenham have done to even stay in the game for this long.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 23, 2021, 07:17:58 pm by scawsby steve »

Raven, you're not giving Cheltenham any credit. Their whole approach and self belief was better than ours today.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 23, 2021, 07:27:01 pm by ravenrover »
Look back SS I have already said that Cheltenham could get something from this game. I think you are paying us dis service to the way we were allowed to play today. They scored 2 quality goals out of the 4 but totally bossed the midfield for probably 85mins of that game which prevented us from getting up to support Fej
Where on earth you get the idea that I thought this was a tin pot team  Nick? I said it was 11 players who looked like they hadn't played together the way they were playing unlike the West Ham 11

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 23, 2021, 07:29:03 pm by Filo »

Raven, you're not giving Cheltenham any credit. Their whole approach and self belief was better than ours today.

Without a doubt, if we had got beat like that we could have no complaints, and thats the galling thing, we are better than what we showed today, we looked frightened to death first half

TinyPortal © 2005-2012