Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:13:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wimbledon Tuesday  (Read 2812 times)

wf9rover

• Forum Member
Wimbledon Tuesday
« on January 23, 2021, 06:30:15 pm by wf9rover »
Today was what is was, back to the bread and butter Tuesday where we are flying and another 3 points is absolutely vital in our push to promotion.

Personally I think we are still 2/3 new players off being there at the end of the season but I have full confidence in DM to get the right players in.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Re: Wimbledon Tuesday
« Reply #1 on January 23, 2021, 07:44:32 pm by Retdon1 »
Yep very important now we get at least 2 new players in before Tuesdays game

Big Fey

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 23, 2021, 10:16:38 pm by Big Fey »
Today was what is was, back to the bread and butter Tuesday where we are flying and another 3 points is absolutely vital in our push to promotion.

Personally I think we are still 2/3 new players off being there at the end of the season but I have full confidence in DM to get the right players in.
we have a bench full of kids and an ex conference player?   And you only think 2 or 3?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 24, 2021, 11:43:03 am by Draytonian III »
Or we could go out and buy players just to fill out the squad, there is a fine line and I think we should trust the manager to sort it

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 24, 2021, 12:04:06 pm by Alan Southstand »
The manager has gone on record saying he wants 4 in, if possible. I’m more than happy to leave it to the manager, but I think we need to consider there are other people involved in getting players in!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 26, 2021, 05:59:44 am by PDX_Rover »
Wimbledon Tuesday - sounds like a Harry Hill character.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 26, 2021, 09:41:43 am by Dutch Uncle »

we have a bench full of kids and an ex conference player?   And you only think 2 or 3?

A player we signed from the Conference in 2004 isn’t doing too badly for us  ;)

And by the way Fey went to Shrewsbury from the Conference  :laugh:

But yes, but now we have Bostock,  new players minimum another 2, being greedy would love 3, i.e. one more than the suggestion.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 09:44:37 am by Dutch Uncle »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 26, 2021, 12:13:42 pm by Alan Southstand »
Agreed, Dutch.

Striker - now the next priority
Wide attacking players - Josh (pretty please) and 1 more.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 26, 2021, 01:04:09 pm by NickDRFC »
Agreed, Dutch.

Striker - now the next priority
Wide attacking players - Josh (pretty please) and 1 more.

I’m not sure we need another wide player if we get Sims. That would leave Sims, Taylor, Simoes & Lokilo to compete for a wide position, with James and Copps also options. If we get a striker in I think that leaves us with a pretty competitive squad and good coverage across the board. If we were able to get another body in I’d be looking at cover at right back personally.

Balcombe/Jones
Halliday/Wright Butler/Horton Anderson/John James/Amos
Smith/Gomes/Bostock/Greaves
Taylor/Lokilo Richards/Copps Sims/Simoes
Fej/New signing

Plus Ravenhill, Hasani, Williams, John-Jules (when back fit), and anyone I’ve forgotten!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 26, 2021, 02:03:48 pm by RoversAlias »
We don't really need cover at right back because of Seaman's recall clause. Wright has done well there too.

I think Darren wants another forward if he can get a fourth player in (after the striker and winger) but I don't know how likely we are to make all four signings he wants.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 26, 2021, 02:53:07 pm by Chris Black come back »
Defence is absolutely the least of our worries. More than enough cover there.

Central midfield and centre forward are definitely our priority areas and we are 50pc of the way there.

Sims is a very special player but if we don’t get him I am not sure another wise player is the priority, especially as Fej is so much better out wide than the one-up.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 26, 2021, 02:57:40 pm by i_ateallthepies »
You can't have too many wise players, IMO of course.

wf9rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 26, 2021, 03:24:30 pm by wf9rover »
I would be delighted with 2 new strikers and Sims.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 26, 2021, 04:57:43 pm by drfc1951 »
No new signing in time for tonight.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 26, 2021, 05:41:51 pm by ravenrover »
Don't forget it's a 7.00 ko

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 26, 2021, 05:51:36 pm by NickDRFC »
We don't really need cover at right back because of Seaman's recall clause. Wright has done well there too.

I think Darren wants another forward if he can get a fourth player in (after the striker and winger) but I don't know how likely we are to make all four signings he wants.

I wasn’t aware that Seaman had a recall clause. A serious injury to Halliday would leave us with only Wright who can play right back, and if he’s there for any length of time it leaves us short of options at centre half. If Seaman has a short notice recall clause, though, then there’s definitely no need for additional cover.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 26, 2021, 06:21:48 pm by scawsby steve »

I wasn’t aware that Seaman had a recall clause. A serious injury to Halliday would leave us with only Wright who can play right back, and if he’s there for any length of time it leaves us short of options at centre half. If Seaman has a short notice recall clause, though, then there’s definitely no need for additional cover.

Seaman definitely has a recall clause.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 26, 2021, 06:33:25 pm by albie »
Seaman will be back anyway once the regional National Leagues are declared null for the season.
As many clubs at this level cannot afford to carry on, it is only a matter of time. I reckon the decision will come in the next few days.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012