Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:14:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: PNE  (Read 2724 times)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
PNE
« on January 24, 2021, 03:36:37 pm by bobbymax »
Thought I'd give their match with Reading a watch to see how a certain midfielder was settling in. First thoughts, why would anyone want to play for that pile of crap unless they were getting wads of dosh?
Long-ball dross that must have been totally alien to the no. 17 and they would have been beaten easily had the away team not tried to walk the ball into the net.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

goalkick

• Forum Member
Re: PNE
« Reply #1 on January 24, 2021, 03:42:20 pm by goalkick »
Agree there bob, very poor game to watch, I don’t think Preston are going anywhere in the championship.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 24, 2021, 03:50:20 pm by GazLaz »
Typical Championship game. Shocking division.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 24, 2021, 03:58:21 pm by Spud »
Not seen it tbh but makes you wonder why they signed him if that's their style?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 24, 2021, 04:06:01 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Must have seen his goals from 20-25 yards out. Every now and again a long ball will drop to him there.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 24, 2021, 04:18:31 pm by mushRTID »
Only saw half an hour but he was playing so, so deep.

Taking all corners and FKs though so clearly settled in

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 24, 2021, 04:28:34 pm by donnievic »
Also watched and for me is just gonna be another midfielder there,where as here although I know league below but everything neatly went through him

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 24, 2021, 04:53:13 pm by eastender »
 The game seemed to pass him by , he must have had the fewest touches of any of the PNE players , certainly the Midfielders.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 24, 2021, 04:54:07 pm by Chris the Rover »
He has made the wrong decision to go there. He should have stayed with Rovers and left in the summer if we didn’t get promoted. He’s made his bed now, let him lie in it!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 24, 2021, 05:13:11 pm by RoversAlias »
It's only one or two games. What might some Mansfield fans have said if they just watched one game of Whiteman at Rovers when Ferguson played him on the right of the diamond?

They'd be saying he's wasting his time going there, why aren't they playing him as a #8? He'd have been better off staying at Field Mill even though it's League Two... etc.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 24, 2021, 07:28:24 pm by rover-n-out »
I watched their away game at Brum, and although they won 0-1, it wasn't a good watch. I couldn't for the life of me understand why in the first half Ben kept  cropping up on the left wing, he's not blessed with lightening pace to be raiding down the left wing, baffling. Second half he was back in the middle, but so deep, the defence splitting passes we are used to seeing were just not there.
Surely the PNE manager must have seen Ben playing for us, and the effectiveness of playing him further forward as a playmaker. I have to say I thought Preston were bang average.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 24, 2021, 07:43:21 pm by drfchound »
On the positive side though, and with the future of the World in mind, he will be reducing his carbon footprint by not travelling as far in his car now.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 24, 2021, 08:17:46 pm by godlike1 »
As it did with rovers etc it'll take him time to get used to his new team, plus in the league above there are different dynamics. If PNE don't show progress this season im not sure their manager has much time left.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 24, 2021, 10:46:49 pm by Drover »
Thought I'd give their match with Reading a watch to see how a certain midfielder was settling in. First thoughts, why would anyone want to play for that pile of crap unless they were getting wads of dosh?
Long-ball dross that must have been totally alien to the no. 17 and they would have been beaten easily had the away team not tried to walk the ball into the net.

Wads of dosh is probably right,2 of Preston's midfielders who are expected to go Rangers,sooner or later have reportedly turned down £17,000 a week offered by Preston to stay,gives a idea what Ben will be on,cannot blame him.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 24, 2021, 10:53:58 pm by Drover »
I watched their away game at Brum, and although they won 0-1, it wasn't a good watch. I couldn't for the life of me understand why in the first half Ben kept  cropping up on the left wing, he's not blessed with lightening pace to be raiding down the left wing, baffling. Second half he was back in the middle, but so deep, the defence splitting passes we are used to seeing were just not there.
Surely the PNE manager must have seen Ben playing for us, and the effectiveness of playing him further forward as a playmaker. I have to say I thought Preston were bang average.

Alot of their fans are moaning about Alex Neil,with terms like boring,defensive too deep,backwards more than forwards etc.Be Interesting to see how Ben gets on there in the coming months.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 24, 2021, 11:30:56 pm by StocksArmy »
I watched large parts of the game and I agree with all the above. On Whiteman I thought he was very tidy with the ball but never got the chance to impact the game. At times he was almost like another centre half. He will do well there but, I dont think it will be under Alex Neil.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 25, 2021, 03:04:37 am by rich1471 »

Wads of dosh is probably right,2 of Preston's midfielders who are expected to go Rangers,sooner or later have reportedly turned down £17,000 a week offered by Preston to stay,gives a idea what Ben will be on,cannot blame him.
I'm sure the 17k a week is the highest wage they have ever offered to a player.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 25, 2021, 09:17:48 am by karldew »
Reading the comments on his ‘home debut’ post on Twitter it seems like the fans love him already..

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 25, 2021, 11:04:34 am by Drover »

[/quote

Yes that's probably true,still gives a n idea to wages at Preston.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012