Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:13:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lampard sacked.  (Read 1916 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Lampard sacked.
« on January 25, 2021, 12:14:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I thought he wasn't doing too bad, considering.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55794158

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Lampard sacked.
« Reply #1 on January 25, 2021, 12:58:53 pm by GazLaz »
Considering what?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 25, 2021, 01:02:19 pm by Campsall rover »
Another crazy decision by an impatient owner.

No one gets any time at all to build a team. Success must be instant.  ;)

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 25, 2021, 01:22:08 pm by jmt23 »
it was always going to come this season. He had a free hit last year, they couldn't sign anyone, and he was said to have just the kids to play with. -not strictly true, but they had a decent season.

This season he had money to spend, and its not been great football, they have struggled. He will have known this was coming.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 25, 2021, 01:22:39 pm by NickDRFC »
Considering what?

Maybe considering he never should have got the job in the first place? That’s all I can think of!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 25, 2021, 01:24:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
There are six teams with all the cash. If you are one of those six teams and are not in the top six, you are massively underperforming, given the chasm beyond those six to the rest.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 25, 2021, 01:31:43 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Considering what?

Considering the transfer embargo he had to start with, then the pandemic disruption.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 25, 2021, 01:42:50 pm by godlike1 »
i would just laugh so much if they ever got relegated

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 25, 2021, 01:46:38 pm by 1879Rovers »
He spent about £200m in the summer on high profile names. You knew he was in trouble when he slated the players after one of their defeats in December. They probably all threw their toys out of the pram.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 25, 2021, 01:47:14 pm by Campsall rover »
Why sack him after a Cup win. They could win the FA cup this season.
They were not going to win the league or even probably finish in the top 4 whoever was their manager.
Man C, Liverpool, Man U, Spurs, all have vastly superior squads.
Leicester, Everton and West Ham have squads which are more established.

I really don’t see how Chelsea could finish any higher than 5th this season and if they achieved that they would be over achieving imo.

How long has Arteta got left in the hot seat at Arsenal. He is the one who is under achieving not Lampard.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 25, 2021, 01:49:09 pm by Petche »
£120 million on two so called world class players who haven't performed hasn't helped him.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 25, 2021, 01:49:22 pm by Campsall rover »
i would just laugh so much if they ever got relegated
So would i as I hate Chelsea. Always have. But I don’t dislike Lampard and feel he hasn’t been given a fair chance.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 25, 2021, 01:58:06 pm by NickDRFC »
They were not going to win the league or even probably finish in the top 4 whoever was their manager.

I really don’t see how Chelsea could finish any higher than 5th this season and if they achieved that they would be over achieving imo.

How long has Arteta got left in the hot seat at Arsenal. He is the one who is under achieving not Lampard.

Chelsea spent £200m this summer to improve their squad and yet they’ve regressed this year. Their expectation would have been top 4.

You also can’t seriously compare West Ham to any of those clubs you’ve listed or suggest Chelsea should be behind them. Leicester have been at the top end of the table since they won the league. Everton are looking resurgent with a Champions League winner in charge and have a World Cup golden boot winner in their rank. West Ham are the definitive mid-table team whose only excitement in recent seasons has been a couple of flirtations with relegation and a big win over Doncaster Rovers.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 25, 2021, 02:17:12 pm by GazLaz »
£120 million on two so called world class players who haven't performed hasn't helped him.

He’s deployed them incorrectly. He deserves the sack In my opinion.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 25, 2021, 02:19:59 pm by Campsall rover »

Chelsea spent £200m this summer to improve their squad and yet they’ve regressed this year. Their expectation would have been top 4.

You also can’t seriously compare West Ham to any of those clubs you’ve listed or suggest Chelsea should be behind them. Leicester have been at the top end of the table since they won the league. Everton are looking resurgent with a Champions League winner in charge and have a World Cup golden boot winner in their rank. West Ham are the definitive mid-table team whose only excitement in recent seasons has been a couple of flirtations with relegation and a big win over Doncaster Rovers.
Not in terms of spending power you can’t compare. The point was they have squads who know each other better, particularly Leicester who are a proper team with a very good manager.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 25, 2021, 02:21:23 pm by tommy toes »
He didn't spend £65 million on that useless goalie that played yesterday.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 25, 2021, 03:53:34 pm by silent majority »
In my opinion he needed to earn his managerial spurs, he didn't do that, he was parachuted in to both positions.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 25, 2021, 04:26:16 pm by Retdon1 »
The blokes a fraud of a manger. Got lucky at Derby by having 3 loan players that were up there with the best players in the league and still failed to win promotion... goes to Chelsea’s, spends a fortune on some world class players and has them mid table

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 25, 2021, 04:33:48 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
But they may get better? He made massive changes to that team, probably too many and on names aswell.  It takes time to adapt and even more so given the world situation.

But it still was too early, he wouldn't have got the job If he wasn't an ex player.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 25, 2021, 04:40:47 pm by Filo »
In my opinion he needed to earn his managerial spurs, he didn't do that, he was parachuted in to both positions.

Totally agree with that, a big name player doesn’t make you a successful manager

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 25, 2021, 06:46:32 pm by MachoMadness »
First Tory to get sacked for doing a shit job in years.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 25, 2021, 06:47:45 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
if we wasn't a big name he'd never have got the chance. Some very good managers never get a look in on those jobs and it's a shame. What i'd say though is that Tuchel from PSG who is favorite to replace him isn't going to be any better imo. Always seems to fail and land in a bigger job which is annoying.

In someways it's the same with Ole at United he should never have that job and for a long time has been lucky not to get the sack. But now with time he's getting them playing. Maybe with time frank would have got results

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 25, 2021, 06:57:27 pm by Padge_DRFC »
At least the debate over who is the better manager out of Lampard and Gerrard is easier than who was the better midfielder.

Unless you add Scholes into the equation then that question is easy too.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012