Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:25:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A word for Williams  (Read 2254 times)

selby

• VSC Member
A word for Williams
« on January 27, 2021, 01:09:44 am by selby »
  The lad has done well to me in the last couple of games and has not let anyone down, another like Greaves with limited game time who has stepped up to the plate when needed  well done that man.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: A word for Williams
« Reply #1 on January 27, 2021, 01:19:39 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Agreed Selby. It's been a huge step up for the lad and he's not looked out of place in the last couple of appearances.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 27, 2021, 03:03:54 am by PDX_Rover »
He fitted in well. Think he will be decent.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 27, 2021, 07:42:47 am by RobTheRover »
How he plsys reminds me of Paul Keegan

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 27, 2021, 07:56:20 am by redandwhitearmy »
I came on this morning just to start a thread for Williams. I thought he looked very assured last night and was pleased for him.

Two weeks ago I thought he was nailed on to leave at the end of the season, now I’m starting to think he’s a good option to have as back up at the very least. Hope his form continues.

No room for sentiment in football but I do like it when a player gets a opportunity from the lower leagues, there is some seriously talented players that fall by the way side for a number of reasons!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 27, 2021, 08:18:27 am by idler »
Maybe he is getting more confident and the team spirit looks great just now. It must be hard with no reserve team football and be on the bench every week.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 27, 2021, 08:24:02 am by roversdude »
The team spirit seems immense it was brilliant listening to Copps on the commentary last night. Williams seems to have stepped up in the last few weeks and doesn’t seem out of place

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 27, 2021, 08:24:40 am by Padge_DRFC »
It's okay he will be worth a million quid in a year under the greatest manager in the football league the work has started

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 27, 2021, 08:31:11 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I like the positivity.  But I am far from convinced currently that he's up to league 1 level right now.  I do though agree he looked a little better than he has done.  What we have to do is give him time, he took a big step up.  In normal circumstances he'd be a candidate to go out on loan perhaps to a league 2 side.

But he has improved from the start of the season and that is why he is certainly worth keeping an eye on.  Tough ask to get to the required level given what he is competing with for a place in the team, but I still hope he does it.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 27, 2021, 09:07:49 am by Spud »
Good work rate & been tidy if unspectacular so far. Hopefully progresses.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 27, 2021, 09:18:01 am by drfchound »
How he plsys reminds me of Paul Keegan

If he scores will we be on the pitch (virtually of course).

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 27, 2021, 09:57:09 am by Move DRFC »
He's done ok and done the simple things fairly well but he's nowhere near the level of any of our other midfielders and if we're wanting Champ footy I'm not sure he's quite good enough from what I've seen. Not a dig and he's done ok so hopefully he can improve. Still no idea what his position is?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 27, 2021, 10:02:57 am by ravenrover »
Copps made a comment when he was coming on something like it's got to be for Taylor or Simoes, can't play anywhere else.
Now that could mean that as the midfield were playing so well he couldn't replace any of them or ..............

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 27, 2021, 11:11:15 am by Move DRFC »
Copps made a comment when he was coming on something like it's got to be for Taylor or Simoes, can't play anywhere else.
Now that could mean that as the midfield were playing so well he couldn't replace any of them or ..............

Hmm fair enough. Really doesn't strike me as a wide player, doesn't look quick nor that great at dribbling. Tenacity and passing have looked his better attributes although very little to go off.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 27, 2021, 12:22:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Think what Madger Gomes looked like 4 months into his career with us.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 27, 2021, 06:05:13 pm by RobTheRover »
He's done ok and done the simple things fairly well but he's nowhere near the level of any of our other midfielders and if we're wanting Champ footy I'm not sure he's quite good enough from what I've seen. Not a dig and he's done ok so hopefully he can improve. Still no idea what his position is?

Equally, he's had little opportunity and it can be hard to shine when you get 10 minutes here and there.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 27, 2021, 08:40:54 pm by scawsby steve »
Just like when Anderson came, one or two on here have really slagged Williams off.

No need for it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012