Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:18:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: That’s what you call great recruitment  (Read 2046 times)

Plumbster

• Forum Member
That’s what you call great recruitment
« on February 17, 2021, 09:05:25 pm by Plumbster »
We are rightly proud of the job that DM has done, attracting some decent players and making the team much more than the sum of its parts.  I think we should also pay tribute to the job that the Accrington manager has done.  With probably less resources than us they have recruited superbly- on the basis of tonight they have players who man for man were quicker, more athletic and more skilful than us and look a side who could compete for promotion and have a core to build a championship team from.  I know we were not great tonight but i don’t mind admitting I was very impressed with Accrington.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: That’s what you call great recruitment
« Reply #1 on February 17, 2021, 09:07:06 pm by Chris Black come back »
I thought they were quite average. We made them look good with our absurd tactics and a series of lacklustre performances and yet again, dreadful passing.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 17, 2021, 09:08:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I thought they were quite average. We made them look good with our absurd tactics and a series of lacklustre performances and yet again, dreadful passing.

Agreed. They were there to be picked off if we hadn't been so 1-di-f**king-mensional in our approach.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 17, 2021, 09:18:45 pm by Lesonthewest »

It's so frustrating, for the first 15 minutes we were excellent passing wise, but fail to get bodies in the box & create very little, when we didn't score in the opening quarter I feared the worst, we are so easy to play against, absolutely no plan B.

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 17, 2021, 09:21:11 pm by redarmi66 »
They were quicker to the ball, chased us down,worked hard, were more tenacious in the tackle and generally looked hungrier than us. Credit to them for that. Admittedly we helped them by panicking and constantly giving them the ball back every 2 minutes.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 09:43:26 pm by redarmi66 »

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 17, 2021, 09:22:25 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Interesting my Dull mate informs me that Dull fans thing the Snake also has no plan B... Will make Satdi interesting?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 17, 2021, 09:23:49 pm by Lesonthewest »
I wanted us to go for Coleman before Darren threw his hat in, excellent manager, wonder what he could do with a bigger budget, his sides are always organised & difficult to play against.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 17, 2021, 09:27:26 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

It's so frustrating, for the first 15 minutes we were excellent passing wise, but fail to get bodies in the box & create very little, when we didn't score in the opening quarter I feared the worst, we are so easy to play against, absolutely no plan B.

Everyone saying we started well but really that’s just the time it took for Stanley to figure us out and get after us. We never did that and just carried on as if they’d forget how we want to play

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 17, 2021, 09:32:08 pm by since-1969 »
We are rightly proud of the job that DM has done, attracting some decent players and making the team much more than the sum of its parts.  I think we should also pay tribute to the job that the Accrington manager has done.  With probably less resources than us they have recruited superbly- on the basis of tonight they have players who man for man were quicker, more athletic and more skilful than us and look a side who could compete for promotion and have a core to build a championship team from.  I know we were not great tonight but i don’t mind admitting I was very impressed with Accrington.
Don’t you thinks part of Darrens
  Moore's job is to anticipate the flaws in the defence and Tom Anderson’s ever presence  has been taken for granted and the cover for him just isn’t good enough which IMO recent results have now proven !!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 18, 2021, 07:53:06 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
A point that stuck out in commentary summed it up for me.  They have a settled side, don't use many players and know their jobs.

Last night we had 5 players starting who joined us last month.  Too much change?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 18, 2021, 08:32:40 am by SydneyRover »
It could be partly due to a small close knit team putting it all on the line driving each other on but now the cavalry has turned up they have taken a psychological breather. 

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 18, 2021, 09:08:49 am by Donny Exile in York »
It could be partly due to a small close knit team putting it all on the line driving each other on but now the cavalry has turned up they have taken a psychological breather. 

Spot on my thoughts too re the cavalry arriving so taking the foot off the gas... we should have played James in midfield at Fleetwood and Sunderland and the line of centre halves with the newbies on the bench..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 18, 2021, 09:10:49 am by drfchound »
A point that stuck out in commentary summed it up for me.  They have a settled side, don't use many players and know their jobs.

Last night we had 5 players starting who joined us last month.  Too much change?

It won’t be the first time a club has brought in new recruits halfway through the season and things have subsequently gone downhill.
We haven’t really played well since the new lads came along.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 18, 2021, 10:48:44 am by i_ateallthepies »
Don’t you thinks part of Darrens
  Moore's job is to anticipate the flaws in the defence and Tom Anderson’s ever presence  has been taken for granted and the cover for him just isn’t good enough which IMO recent results have now proven !!

Here's a challenge for you since-1969.  Try writing a post about last night's game without mentioning Tom Anderson.  Do you really think you're enlightening us about his importance to the team?  Yes he's a great defender and influence on the team, I doubt anyone on here would dispute that but the problems we've witnessed recently will not magically disappear with Tom's return.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 18, 2021, 08:07:30 pm by scawsby steve »

It won’t be the first time a club has brought in new recruits halfway through the season and things have subsequently gone downhill.

We haven't played well since Ben left, mate. He's looking irreplaceable at the moment.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 18, 2021, 08:26:06 pm by RugbyRover »

We haven't played well since Ben left, mate. He's looking irreplaceable at the moment.

to be fair we didn't play that well when Ben was here.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012