Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 07:14:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Ipswich Town game  (Read 7521 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Ipswich Town game
« Reply #60 on February 27, 2021, 05:06:23 pm by Chris Black come back »
It would have required a load of money we didn't have and they did having got upwards of £5m for Toney.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on February 27, 2021, 05:07:57 pm by Filo »
How many paces did he make our wall go back? He seemed to count out over 11 to me

You know, I thought that at the time, watched an Ipswich player walk back to the wall from the ball and made a point of counting his steps, 16 steps, then I compared the the pen spot to the goal line to the ball and the wall, it was a greater gap, I guess about 14 yards

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 27, 2021, 05:08:35 pm by Filo »
Lincoln scored 2 pens in 3 minutes now 3-2 up.

And still lost

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 27, 2021, 05:08:49 pm by Rovers91 »
Frustrating that game.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on February 27, 2021, 05:09:01 pm by StocksArmy »
The inability to change how we play when a system isnt working is so poor and frustrating to the point where i could literally pull my hair out. How are we at this point we are at now from when we beat Oxford? 433 isnt and hasnt worked for a long time. Every game weve lost has all been a mirror image where teams have sat off and let us p!$$ about with it at the back and soon as it goes into Richards or the wide players bang they get it off us. But it doesnt change for the whole game! Its like sitting and watching the kettle boil for 90 minutes.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 27, 2021, 05:09:41 pm by Getridorit »
It would have required a load of money we didn't have and they did having got upwards of £5m for Toney.
should have got him when Bristol rovers got him.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 27, 2021, 05:12:21 pm by Chris Black come back »
He’d scored 5 in 27 when Bristol Rovers signed him. He’d also been bang average or worse when on loan to us. Nothing there that suggested we should have been pushing Bristol Rovers out of the way to sign him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on February 27, 2021, 05:12:59 pm by drfchound »
How many paces did he make our wall go back? He seemed to count out over 11 to me

You know, I thought that at the time, watched an Ipswich player walk back to the wall from the ball and made a point of counting his steps, 16 steps, then I compared the the pen spot to the goal line to the ball and the wall, it was a greater gap, I guess about 14 yards

I remember saying a couple of years back that I would love to have Ivan Toney in our team and people were saying he wouldn’t survive in the Championship.
He looks very good up there and might be in the Prem soon.
When we were linked with JCH, again people were slagging him saying he wasn’t good enough for us.
He is doing allright isn’t he.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on February 27, 2021, 05:14:23 pm by Filo »

I remember saying a couple of years back that I would love to have Ivan Toney in our team and people were saying he wouldn’t survive in the Championship.
When we were linked with JCH, again people were slagging him saying he wasn’t good enough for us.

Not sure what that has to do with my post

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on February 27, 2021, 05:14:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
How do we conspire to be that wasteful. Utterly, utterly appalling at attacking set pieces and crosses.

We've all said it before. There is no evidence that anything is practiced in training and taken onto the pitch.

Any team would snatch our hands off to play like that in open play but you need to go down many leagues to find such abysmal delivery and intent in the final third.

Plus, how many times did you shout at the telly “Give him the f*cking ball“ Time and time again, Bostocks in space and we don't give him the simple pass to move the ball quicker. Not just to Bostock either.

Take Taylors goal out of the equation, he is gash at the mo.

Losing that game was criminal. And a word to the ref. You need to look at yourself in the mirror.. You'll probably miss that too! Disgrace.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on February 27, 2021, 05:14:55 pm by DonnyOsmond »
should have got him when Bristol rovers got him.

I agree with Captain Hindsight.

17 in 112 at this level previous to joining Bristol Rovers. That's one every 6.5 games.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on February 27, 2021, 05:15:26 pm by drfchound »

Nothing.
I copied in the wrong post that’s all.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on February 27, 2021, 05:16:27 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
The inability to change how we play when a system isnt working is so poor and frustrating to the point where i could literally pull my hair out. How are we at this point we are at now from when we beat Oxford? 433 isnt and hasnt worked for a long time. Every game weve lost has all been a mirror image where teams have sat off and let us p!$$ about with it at the back and soon as it goes into Richards or the wide players bang they get it off us. But it doesnt change for the whole game! Its like sitting and watching the kettle boil for 90 minutes.

This is what gets me. Can take bad form if we're outplayed but we're beating ourselves and never learning from it. The manager needs to be pragmatic enough to dig a result out when things aren't going our way. DM doesn't seem to have that in him at the moment.

The first 11 today is a very good 11 at this level there is no lack of quality which can be blamed for recent results it's our own doing

tenacious tractors

« Reply #73 on February 27, 2021, 05:17:49 pm by tenacious tractors »
We won the gme, maybe over the 90 minutes we were fortunate with the victory but nice to see something go our way for once, we've had enough disappointments over enough time and then some.     I think one of us will be in the top six by end of season but depends whether the takeover goes ahead here and Lambert and Evans move on.     Won't miss either although recent scores have been better.

Try and see game highlights later although they never tell you all you need to know.   Sorry if we stole something of a win today but there's been so much rubbish and negativity over the course of the season we deserve something to go our way for once.  Wish Doncaster well in their promotion bid, if you played like you did as some reports suggest you'll have every chance of making it. 

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on February 27, 2021, 05:19:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »

This is what gets me. Can take bad form if we're outplayed but we're beating ourselves and never learning from it. The manager needs to be pragmatic enough to dig a result out when things aren't going our way. DM doesn't seem to have that in him at the moment.

The first 11 today is a very good 11 at this level there is no lack of quality which can be blamed for recent results it's our own doing

It's not just on the manager, he's not the one on the pitch. The players confidence has clearly gone, we've now got negative momentum, in the same way we ended up in 15-16, we desperately need to turn this around or we'll be ending up mid table.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on February 27, 2021, 05:20:08 pm by drfchound »

Nothing.
I copied in the wrong post that’s all.
No point looking at Lincoln and Peterborough results now. Need to be checking what 7th 8th and 9th are doing now.

70 percent possession 60 yards from goal all game. At least Bostock looks forward. Rest shocking today.

It’s looking like Peterbro could run away with this title now.
JCH is having a good season for them.

JCH will get them in to the championship then be sold for 15 million to a premiership team plus add ons.

That’s the right one.

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 27, 2021, 05:21:57 pm by RedRover »
He’d scored 5 in 27 when Bristol Rovers signed him. He’d also been bang average or worse when on loan to us. Nothing there that suggested we should have been pushing Bristol Rovers out of the way to sign him.

You've seen Bogle's stats like since leaving Grimsby right?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on February 27, 2021, 05:22:53 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Lacks confidence.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on February 27, 2021, 05:29:58 pm by Padge_DRFC »

Yes the way he took his 2 chances today suggests why as well.

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 27, 2021, 05:31:26 pm by karlos »
We have no quality striker to bang them away, we need a win by any means possible just to get the confidence going again but desperately short of a striker!

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on February 27, 2021, 05:34:04 pm by Getridorit »
Nothing suggested we should have signed okenebirie, but we did.

I fully remember alot of fans calling for his signing, including me.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on February 27, 2021, 05:34:58 pm by Padge_DRFC »
We have no quality striker to bang them away, we need a win by any means possible just to get the confidence going again but desperately short of a striker!

Fej was starting to look ruthless before he got injured. Still don't think Moore likes him. Any chance or anyone available they get put in ahead of him

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on February 27, 2021, 05:44:28 pm by StocksArmy »

It's not just on the manager, he's not the one on the pitch. The players confidence has clearly gone, we've now got negative momentum, in the same way we ended up in 15-16, we desperately need to turn this around or we'll be ending up mid table.

I agree with you to some respect DO but, I never get this "low on confidence" lark. That is just a poor mentality and an excuse for playing sh!t€. Thats the mentality of players who are mid table/ relegation battlers. 90% of us on this forum will have played at any type of level and will know some of the passes made today were just a complete lack of ideas. Passes that are just never on and passes you play at Sunday League level where you are shattered or you just hope your mates suddenly got a rocket on his back. This is the type of play we have been playing even before the sh!t hit the fan. Players havent even started to make the run and the ball is out for a goalkick or the keepers collecting it. This has nothing to do with lack of confidence. It goes to players not being in the position and doing their job and then begs the question why? Which is what I agree with you on. But then you look to your manager and when these players who havent rocked upto the party for 85mins are still on the pitch you ask..... why? When you have 5 or 6 players per game playing badly again you ask why? Its gotta be the system. Its like Tyson Fury once said the gameplan is easy in training when the opponent isnt there and then all of a sudden he is and you get punched in the face and the gameplan changes. Our gameplan doesnt and thats why I call on the manager.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on February 27, 2021, 05:49:49 pm by vaya »

I agree with you to some respect DO but, I never get this "low on confidence" lark. That is just a poor mentality and an excuse for playing sh!t€. Thats the mentality of players who are mid table/ relegation battlers. 90% of us on this forum will have played at any type of level and will know some of the passes made today were just a complete lack of ideas. Passes that are just never on and passes you play at Sunday League level where you are shattered or you just hope your mates suddenly got a rocket on his back. This is the type of play we have been playing even before the sh!t hit the fan. Players havent even started to make the run and the ball is out for a goalkick or the keepers collecting it. This has nothing to do with lack of confidence. It goes to players not being in the position and doing their job and then begs the question why? Which is what I agree with you on. But then you look to your manager and when these players who havent rocked upto the party for 85mins are still on the pitch you ask..... why? When you have 5 or 6 players per game playing badly again you ask why? Its gotta be the system. Its like Tyson Fury once said the gameplan is easy in training when the opponent isnt there and then all of a sudden he is and you get punched in the face and the gameplan changes. Our gameplan doesnt and thats why I call on the manager.

Nothing to do with you not being able to stomach Moore though, obviously.

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on February 27, 2021, 05:55:41 pm by RedRover »

Lacks confidence.

Should he be starting or has that been down to Fej being injured?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on February 27, 2021, 05:59:32 pm by Lesonthewest »

Reading it I thought maybe it was maybe his opinion.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on February 27, 2021, 06:01:34 pm by StocksArmy »

Clearly I am explaining why I am not a fan of his. Not just flippantly saying it which is more than can be said for some. Maybe you didnt get that.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on February 27, 2021, 06:02:38 pm by Lesonthewest »

Lacks confidence.

Should he be starting or has that been down to Fej being injured?

I don't think Bogle lacks confidence, he lacks service. Yes he missed a decent chance today, but the service to him in the box since he came in has been shocking.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on February 27, 2021, 06:03:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You can't totally dismiss confidence as a factor but that's not the reason we lost. We didn't lose the game due to the striker options either.

In our game chances can fall to any player. Bogle, Richards, Smith, James, Taylor all didn't take chances due to not getting a decent contact on the ball. Very poor that pro footballers can't muster a decent contact out of all those chances we created.

Just contrast the set pieces too.

There was nothing wrong with our formation or the personnel on the pitch. More than adequate to win that game at a canter.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on February 27, 2021, 06:10:17 pm by Chris Black come back »
We are losing games because defensively we are nowhere near good enough. We have conceded first in half of our league games this season. We have kept 6 clean sheets out of 28 league games. It’s just nowhere near what we need to be credible promotion candidates.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012