Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 08:20:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Purple socks  (Read 1984 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Purple socks
« on April 02, 2021, 06:39:44 pm by scawsby steve »
Barnsley's purple socks look crap.

I thought their colours were just red and white.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: Purple socks
« Reply #1 on April 02, 2021, 06:41:25 pm by donnievic »
It’s for a charity

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 02, 2021, 06:45:33 pm by the vicar »
And they can do what they want and look as daft as they like for a charity in my book

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 02, 2021, 06:51:27 pm by belton rover »
Would you rather be in a play off place in the Championship wearing purple socks, or dropping down league one faster than it takes Darren Moore to say ‘I believe in the ethos of the club’, whilst wearing sensible socks?

I wouldn’t be seen dead in purple socks - league one mediocrity all the way for me.
Purple f**king socks - what a joke of a club they are!

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 02, 2021, 06:52:09 pm by eastender »
Get their Purple Pythons out and it'll look like they've got three legs.  :silly:

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 02, 2021, 06:55:29 pm by River Don »
Would you say African Violet is a shade of purple?

That's quite a popular shade in these parts.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 02, 2021, 07:02:53 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Would you rather be in a play off place in the Championship wearing purple socks, or dropping down league one faster than it takes Darren Moore to say ‘I believe in the ethos of the club’, whilst wearing sensible socks?

I wouldn’t be seen dead in purple socks - league one mediocrity all the way for me.
It is for charity if you care to look further up....

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 02, 2021, 07:03:42 pm by EasyforDennis »
Weston Park charity.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 02, 2021, 07:12:16 pm by belton rover »

It is for charity if you care to look further up....
Do you really believe I think they are a joke of a club because they are wearing purple socks? Or that I would rather be where we are than them because we don’t?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 02, 2021, 07:26:16 pm by scawsby steve »
Our team is very charitable.

Every f*cking week.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 02, 2021, 07:33:20 pm by tommy toes »
Rovers players should take a look at Barnsley.
They're full of commitment, effort and energy. Put our lot to shame.
BTW Try and see the Lucas Jaoe miss of the century. Unbelievable.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 02, 2021, 07:36:41 pm by scawsby steve »

I can't remember ever seeing a miss as bad as that in my entire life.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 02, 2021, 07:44:02 pm by ravenrover »
Seem to remember Pancho Regan putting one over the bar from 2 yards

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 02, 2021, 07:46:45 pm by Campsall rover »
Thought standard of football in that match was very poor.

Have not seen a decent Championship match yet this season.  Not that i have seen many games in that league to be honest.

Based on that showing if either Barnsley or Reading get to the Premier league they are going to have a very painful season.

Tyke i presume you usually play more football on the deck than you did today.
The ball spent more time in the air than on the grass. Both teams were culprits.
Your pitch is a long way off the standard of ours though and that was probably a factor.
About the only thing we have the upper hand on Barnsley at present unfortunately.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 02, 2021, 07:49:22 pm by tyke1962 »
A better point for ourselves than Reading , Reading have the most horrendous run in you can imagine , Swansea , Brentford , Norwich and Cardiff to play .

Fair result I thought on the balance of play , we rode our luck but so did Reading .

Immensely proud of these players , they are massively over achieving .

Pretty decent game to watch for the neutral I thought , I wouldn't for one minute say we are the easiest team on the eye to watch in the championship but the lads are very good at what they do .

Whatever happens the lads have given us some ride this season which nobody expected .

Given our budget its remarkable to be in this position .

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 02, 2021, 07:58:32 pm by scawsby steve »
I don't know how any Rovers fan could criticise Barnsley's way of playing, with the sh*t we're turning out just now.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 02, 2021, 07:58:49 pm by tyke1962 »

Have not seen a decent Championship match yet this season.  Not that i have seen many games in that league to be honest.

Based on that showing if either Barnsley or Reading get to the Premier league they are going to have a very painful season.

The ball spent more time in the air than on the grass. Both teams were culprits.
Your pitch is a long way off the standard of ours though and that was probably a factor.
About the only thing we have the upper hand on Barnsley at present unfortunately.

We play the way we do to give ourselves the best opportunity of winning games Campsall .

It's not pretty and I wouldn't ever say it is but it's got us to fifth in the championship on an extremely limited championship budget .

If we make it to the PL of course we are going to struggle and absolutely nobody would expect us to stay up .

The money we make for a single PL season is perhaps the debate .

It offers the club the opportunity to be a very decent player at championship level and leave those yo yo days of championship and league one behind us if the money is used effectively .

It's all about the money Campsall rather than the results in the PL .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 02, 2021, 11:03:29 pm by Campsall rover »
I don't know how any Rovers fan could criticise Barnsley's way of playing, with the sh*t we're turning out just now.
Hang on SS i was criticising the quality of the football i saw from both teams.

It was the first time i have seen Barnsley this season so only have that match to judge them on.
Obviously they are a good side in that league as they occupy a play off spot and i think it is brilliant that they are where they are in that league.

Having said that i prefer the type of football we have played for the majority of this season. Football played on the deck. It is much easier on the eye. But of course we all want to see winning football which obviously Barnsley are doing much better than us right now.

So i am not criticising Barnsley per say just the football or lack of it i saw from both team's in their match today.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 02, 2021, 11:13:09 pm by Campsall rover »

We play the way we do to give ourselves the best opportunity of winning games Campsall .

It's not pretty and I wouldn't ever say it is but it's got us to fifth in the championship on an extremely limited championship budget .

If we make it to the PL of course we are going to struggle and absolutely nobody would expect us to stay up .

It offers the club the opportunity to be a very decent player at championship level and leave those yo yo days of championship and league one behind us if the money is used effectively .

Absolutely Tyke. I agree with you totally.

Good luck to you wish it was Rovers who were in your position.
I was just giving my opinion on your game today. First time i have seen you play this season.
You are obviously a better team than what i saw today or you would not be in a play off position.
Reading were no better, in fact if anyone deserved to win it was Barnsley.
It was just the overall standard of football i thought was sub standard for the 2nd tier of English Football.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 02, 2021, 11:16:39 pm by Campsall rover »

I can't remember ever seeing a miss as bad as that in my entire life.
I can SS
Noteman in the LD Vans trophy northern final away at Tranmere in 1990

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 02, 2021, 11:19:54 pm by Janso »
Wilks missed from about 10 yards against Chorley away, also an open goal I think.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 03, 2021, 09:08:52 am by the vicar »
Seem to remember Pancho Regan putting one over the bar from 2 yards
Pancho Regan made me laugh as he used to go up for a header and always close his eyes

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 03, 2021, 10:01:15 am by tyke1962 »

Absolutely Tyke. I agree with you totally.

Good luck to you wish it was Rovers who were in your position.
I was just giving my opinion on your game today. First time i have seen you play this season.
You are obviously a better team than what i saw today or you would not be in a play off position.
Reading were no better, in fact if anyone deserved to win it was Barnsley.
It was just the overall standard of football i thought was sub standard for the 2nd tier of English Football.

If we had a Norwich , Watford or Bournemouth budget then I wouldn't be too chuffed with our style of football Campsall .

However it's very satisfying to be sticking it up some of these overspending big championship clubs right now .

We seem to be getting a lot of criticism around the championship too , pub team , hoofball and thugs to name a few derogatory comments .

That's totally fine because it means we are doing something right and everybody absolutely hates playing us because they know how difficult we are to counter .

They tend not to bother with that stuff when you are getting beaten at the bottom of the championship .

To be fair it isn't all long ball either , the game plan is to win the physical battle , break the opponents spirit and when the spaces open up we do play football .

There's some absolute shytehouse teams in this league and it seems many don't like it given back to them .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012