Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:13:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: BRFC V TLOD  (Read 11068 times)

vaya

• Forum Member
Re: BRFC V TLOD
« Reply #180 on April 05, 2021, 05:00:46 pm by vaya »
Season over with. 57 points we should not get relegated time now for planning for next season
not sure how we can plan for next season without knowing if butler will be the manager? Who is going be in charge of contracts?
Yes I agree with that but what’s the CEO and Chairman doing they should be sorting contracts and deciding whether AB will be manager next season or start looking for some one else. It’s not all down to AB he was a player before thrust into this job.

Catch 22 position though potentially Steve - the other side of that is a new manager may/may not have different ideas on who he wants to retain.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just that it may not be a clear cut scenario.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on April 05, 2021, 05:01:40 pm by Campsall rover »
That was embarrassing today.

A total shambles of a second half. Clueless.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on April 05, 2021, 05:03:47 pm by Filo »
Butler should do the right thing, resign and apply to join the Police

As bad as we are, Filo some of your comments remain a joke. Why have a go at him for being a "women's team manager" or for wanting to join the police when he had no job? It's bizarre to me.

Criticise his tactics, management, experience etc. This stuff you're coming out with confuses me.

Everyone around us that needed a manager went and got someone experienced, we went for the manager of a minor league Womens team, look at the league table to see how that has panned out, as for the Police comment, a bit of humour from my part, obviously you don’t do humour

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on April 05, 2021, 05:04:25 pm by Getridorit »
f**king gash.

Butler out.

Time for some leadership at board level to sort this mess out

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on April 05, 2021, 05:04:31 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Are we really going to just be ok losing every game with AB in charge until the end of the season then look for a replacement?

Just do something or at least announce we’re looking because it’s really embarrassing now

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on April 05, 2021, 05:06:52 pm by sha66y »
We are going to struggle to find a worse team in this division than ..........US!

I knew you would be along as soon as we went behind.

I just got back from visiting my mum, didn’t even know there was football on until my son messaged me.......so spent a few minutes reading this thread.....

But for the record,
I didn’t boo when we scored, I cheered !
I wasn’t surprised that they equalised.....our opponents can!
I’m not that bothered that we are now trailing 2-1..because I expect us to lose every game
And I’m certainly not responsible for this team playing so bad........that’s down to the team

How did you cheer if you've just got back  :saywhat:

Dohhhhhhh!!
I cheered the thread , ...I started reading from the beginning and around page 2-3 it said Copps had scored so I did a little fist pump....( same as cheering I guess) ...but then I kept on reading and now you are aware of how I came to comment that we are probably the worst team in this league!
The difference between us is that I’m well aware that we have been flattering to deceive and have never thought we are good enough to be a promotion candidate.....you may think we are capable of so much more.....one of us will be disapointed come may

I know we are in the shit never said we are not have i ? i agreed with hound when you popped up. You then come up with a load of random tosh.

You seem very strange with your ramblings  :saywhat:

You did ask me “ how did you cheer if you just got back”.....I answered!

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on April 05, 2021, 05:07:15 pm by Rovers91 »
We need to do something now so we are at least giving the new manager the chance to prepare before pre season.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on April 05, 2021, 05:07:27 pm by swain_drfc »
We are the laughing stock of the league. Appoint the Women’s team manager and drop like a stone. Season over.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #188 on April 05, 2021, 05:07:39 pm by PDX_Rover »
Well... I don’t know what is going on. What I do know is that we lost our Captain and best player. Huge loss, in hindsight. And then Moore... for all his postering about grassroots, The Club Doncaster ethos and building something special, f**ked off at the first opportunity. I don’t think the owners and the board are the issue. They continued to support the manager in transfer dealings. It’s a labour of love putting your own money in year upon year.

Those were two big blows for the club though. Nothing could be done to stop either.

Clearly, the Andy Butler thing is disastrous. Yes, we were on a poor run under Moore but what is in front of is now is appalling.

This group of players is, in my opinion, well capable of the playoffs. For whatever reasons, the wheels are off and the play is embarrassing.

You have to lay this at the door of the manager. Plain and simple. There’s no point continuing this path. This season is just about dead for us.

I’d look to appoint a new manager without the next week or two.

For me it has to be Stendel. Get him in. Transitoon with Butler. Get Butler back playing. Get the contracts sorted. Let the new manager get planning.

We may get a new manager bounce as this squad has not become shite overnight. But the Whiteman  role needs sorting.

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #189 on April 05, 2021, 05:14:55 pm by Batleyred »
We are going to struggle to find a worse team in this division than ..........US!

I knew you would be along as soon as we went behind.

I just got back from visiting my mum, didn’t even know there was football on until my son messaged me.......so spent a few minutes reading this thread.....

But for the record,
I didn’t boo when we scored, I cheered !
I wasn’t surprised that they equalised.....our opponents can!
I’m not that bothered that we are now trailing 2-1..because I expect us to lose every game
And I’m certainly not responsible for this team playing so bad........that’s down to the team

How did you cheer if you've just got back  :saywhat:

Dohhhhhhh!!
I cheered the thread , ...I started reading from the beginning and around page 2-3 it said Copps had scored so I did a little fist pump....( same as cheering I guess) ...but then I kept on reading and now you are aware of how I came to comment that we are probably the worst team in this league!
The difference between us is that I’m well aware that we have been flattering to deceive and have never thought we are good enough to be a promotion candidate.....you may think we are capable of so much more.....one of us will be disapointed come may

I know we are in the shit never said we are not have i ? i agreed with hound when you popped up. You then come up with a load of random tosh.

You seem very strange with your ramblings  :saywhat:

You did ask me “ how did you cheer if you just got back”.....I answered!

Yes with a load of waffle after.  :crying: saying we have different expectations what i have never ever said.

Nothing can be worse from when i first started going in 89. That's the positive in me

jm291

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on April 05, 2021, 05:19:05 pm by jm291 »
What a huge huge opportunity we have chucked away! After the Lincoln and Oxford results we were looking so good and now we can’t beat some of the worst teams in the league

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on April 05, 2021, 05:27:18 pm by Petche »
Well... I don’t know what is going on. What I do know is that we lost our Captain and best player. Huge loss, in hindsight. And then Moore... for all his postering about grassroots, The Club Doncaster ethos and building something special, f**ked off at the first opportunity. I don’t think the owners and the board are the issue. They continued to support the manager in transfer dealings. It’s a labour of love putting your own money in year upon year.

Those were two big blows for the club though. Nothing could be done to stop either.

Clearly, the Andy Butler thing is disastrous. Yes, we were on a poor run under Moore but what is in front of is now is appalling.

This group of players is, in my opinion, well capable of the playoffs. For whatever reasons, the wheels are off and the play is embarrassing.

You have to lay this at the door of the manager. Plain and simple. There’s no point continuing this path. This season is just about dead for us.

I’d look to appoint a new manager without the next week or two.

For me it has to be Stendel. Get him in. Transitoon with Butler. Get Butler back playing. Get the contracts sorted. Let the new manager get planning.

We may get a new manager bounce as this squad has not become shite overnight. But the Whiteman  role needs sorting.

Sensible post, agree with that

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #192 on April 05, 2021, 05:29:36 pm by goalkick »
Very poor game reminiscent of two poor teams in a relegation battle with Bristol looking the best of the two.easy to see why charlton let Bogle go,I hope we are not pinning a future with players of his Calibre.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on April 05, 2021, 05:54:24 pm by RoversAlias »
Butler should do the right thing, resign and apply to join the Police

As bad as we are, Filo some of your comments remain a joke. Why have a go at him for being a "women's team manager" or for wanting to join the police when he had no job? It's bizarre to me.

Criticise his tactics, management, experience etc. This stuff you're coming out with confuses me.

Everyone around us that needed a manager went and got someone experienced, we went for the manager of a minor league Womens team, look at the league table to see how that has panned out, as for the Police comment, a bit of humour from my part, obviously you don’t do humour

I'll not argue that, with hindsight, we clearly should have gone out and gotten a more experienced manager. The fact is, Butler has been Belles manager to cut his teeth and learn the trade of being a coach and manager and he has done an okay job. Good enough to earn the job here? Probably not, but the logic in putting him in charge when Moore left us in the lurch was something most fans saw at the time.

It hasn't worked out, and I feel some fans have been getting petty/personal towards Butler with comments like your police one and I don't think that's fair for a man who was a superb player for us for several years and is clearly trying his best. It just hasn't worked out.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012