Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:37:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sturridge sports management  (Read 2407 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Sturridge sports management
« on April 06, 2021, 01:53:32 pm by normal rules »
Interesting fact. Darren Moore and Cameron John have the same agent. Sturridge Sports management . I Never knew this. John joined on loan around the time Moore began here, then signed full contract a year later.
I wonder how he feels, personally, about Moore’s sudden departure? And more importantly, has it affected his attitude towards playing for the club?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
Re: Sturridge sports management
« Reply #1 on April 06, 2021, 01:59:32 pm by 5minstogo »
Tulloch's agent as well.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 06, 2021, 02:07:38 pm by silent majority »
And a few others at the club as well.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 06, 2021, 03:22:22 pm by normal rules »
Tulloch and John are clearly shown on transfer market as having them as agents. Who else is there? I can’t see anyone else.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 06, 2021, 03:33:43 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Dean Sturridge, isn't it?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 06, 2021, 03:43:08 pm by normal rules »
Companies house shows Dean and his brother Michael Sturridge as company directors. Micheal being Daniels father of course.
It looks like Moore is the only manager they agent for .

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 06, 2021, 04:18:56 pm by GazLaz »
I think John is a good player. Glad we signed him.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 06, 2021, 05:07:54 pm by Janso »
Daniel must be signing for us soon then considering we only sign strikers who are regularly crocked.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 06, 2021, 05:13:31 pm by Chris Black come back »
Kazaiah Sterling, Rayhaan Tulloch and Tyreece John-Jules started a total of 12 league games for us between all three of them.

In his last season with us, Marquis started 43 league games, excluding the play offs.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 06, 2021, 05:14:59 pm by graingrover »
Surely there is no surprise that people have affinities in life and football .Is it a surprise if the loanees and players he signed and that came to us thanks to him and because  of him feel some discouragement at the current situation .

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 06, 2021, 06:32:47 pm by Colin C No.3 »
If (a big if true!), if I was a professional footballer & chose to play for a particular football club because I liked, respected & believed the manager there at the time was the best person to help me develop my game & within weeks of signing (be it a loan or a contract) he left the club for another one would I be disappointed? Probably. If I'd signed a contract for two years of which I had another 18 months to run, would my disappointment turn to disinterest, by that I mean disinterested in playing for the club? And what would I gain personally as a professional footballer if I took that attitude onto the pitch? Certainly nothing positive if my performance levels dropped. If I intended moving on at the end of my contract because 'said manager' had left, who would want to sign me if I was playing below the standard I was capable of?

Similarly if I was a loanee from a 'bigger' club, what would my parent club think if they thought I wasn't showing progress at a club or in a division where they would expect me to flourish? Would they blame the club or me?

If I were a professional footballer & I took such an attitude (as Copps has alluded to what is happening at Rovers) then I can only expect to end up playing, at best, at a standard much, much lower than I could & should be.

So I'd better get my arse into gear & play for the club who is paying my wage to the best of my ability, because that ultimately will decide my future.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 06, 2021, 08:41:19 pm by normal rules »
If (a big if true!), if I was a professional footballer & chose to play for a particular football club because I liked, respected & believed the manager there at the time was the best person to help me develop my game & within weeks of signing (be it a loan or a contract) he left the club for another one would I be disappointed? Probably. If I'd signed a contract for two years of which I had another 18 months to run, would my disappointment turn to disinterest, by that I mean disinterested in playing for the club? And what would I gain personally as a professional footballer if I took that attitude onto the pitch? Certainly nothing positive if my performance levels dropped. If I intended moving on at the end of my contract because 'said manager' had left, who would want to sign me if I was playing below the standard I was capable of?

Similarly if I was a loanee from a 'bigger' club, what would my parent club think if they thought I wasn't showing progress at a club or in a division where they would expect me to flourish? Would they blame the club or me?

If I were a professional footballer & I took such an attitude (as Copps has alluded to what is happening at Rovers) then I can only expect to end up playing, at best, at a standard much, much lower than I could & should be.

So I'd better get my arse into gear & play for the club who is paying my wage to the best of my ability, because that ultimately will decide my future.

Choosing to go to a club because you like, respected and believed in the manager is one thing. but what if, and this is a completely cynical view, but a view nevertheless, there is a touch of nepotism at work? it would take some research, but id be interested to see what managers out there acquire players who just happen to have the same agent as them? And the influence their agents have on these proceedings......

I suppose we should see what new players arrive at Wendies perhaps.
Oh, and this is not an accusation. just my horrible mind over thinking things.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 07, 2021, 07:27:47 am by dickos1 »
That’s what Gary monk has been accused of at the clubs he’s managed and the reason he got sacked from Birmingham

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 07, 2021, 01:34:00 pm by POD »

It may be different during Covid, but my understanding is that all loan players are personally watched at each game by a representative of their parent club who reports on their progress or lack of it.
I have no doubt that for this reason alone, the loan players are likely to give 100% in each game which they play.   

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 07, 2021, 02:12:16 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Imagine the amount of staff Chelsea need to watch all there loan players! Someone will keep track for sure and a fair few will get watched but I don’t believe they would every game

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 07, 2021, 02:23:51 pm by GazLaz »
I was at Posh vs Gills last season and I sat with the Southampton loan manager. He was there watching the lads Gills had on loan from them. I’m not sure if there was more than one person doing the job but he said he was at games every Saturday.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 07, 2021, 03:49:47 pm by Chris Black come back »
I was at Posh vs Gills last season and I sat with the Southampton loan manager. He was there watching the lads Gills had on loan from them. I’m not sure if there was more than one person doing the job but he said he was at games every Saturday.

He must have been vomiting in his hands seeing the crap that Evans had them playing.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 07, 2021, 04:03:41 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I heard he was sent on a spying mission to see how the Southampton loanees were being treated by the Gills manager. They called it operation 'fact hunt.'

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 07, 2021, 08:16:45 pm by normal rules »
I heard he was sent on a spying mission to see how the Southampton loanees were being treated by the Gills manager. They called it operation 'fact hunt.'

A contender for pun of the year on here.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012